Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12641265126612671268 1459>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The leagues not over but City are the form team and just won a cup.
Liverpool need to hit top form again.... quickly.

Them winning the League Cup, doesn't change the fact that Liverpool (who  most pundits before today's game expected the team to lose) have just gone top of the league again. 

If Liverpool win the next 4 games, Liverpool will have a minimum 4 point lead going into the international break. 3 of those games are Watford, Burnley and Fulham.While 3 of the team's last 4 games are against Cardiff, Newcastle and Huddersfield. The league is a long way from over.
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:49pm
Liverpool were hopeless again. 

Didnt look like a team that were fighting got their first league title in near 30 years 

I have no doubt in my mind that city will win that leage. Liverpool to fall at least 6 poi he short which is a good effort all things considered  
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Liverpool were hopeless again. 

Didnt look like a team that were fighting got their first league title in near 30 years 

I have no doubt in my mind that city will win that leage. Liverpool to fall at least 6 poi he short which is a good effort all things considered  

Hindsight is a great thing, but I was really surprised that Liverpool didn't even attempt to invest in January.

When Salah, Shaqiri, Firmino & Mane all are on the pitch they have no attacking options on the bench that are real game changers or who could provide genuine competition to take the place of one of said players if they were out of form.

Sturridge is a shadow of his former self and Origi (Everton game aside) really hasn't fulfilled his potential.

I say this because they are genuine contenders for both the CL and the PL, every game is a must win now and I felt that if they could bring in another attacking option to ease the burden on Mane, Salah, Firmino and to a lesser extent Shaqiri it could well boost their chances of getting over the line.

You're not going to expect Liverpool to splash out a fee like City did on Mahrez, to just provide competition (they'd expect to bring in a starter for that fee) but even someone like Demarai Gray (only a suggestion) could really have given Klopp the chance to use rotation that bit more.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:35pm
The Ox is not far off a run.. he would be a huge addition to their squad.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Would have taken a point before the game. Thought we looked good in parts except again we looked short ideas up front. Salah again very poor. Mane again making bad choices.
Teams have figured out how to defend against us. Worried how we are going to turn this form around 
LOL typical bollocks from a liverfool perspective, should have lost point won
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Another few weeks is it?

He'll be a big help alright, provided it doesn't take him too long to get upto full match speed as he's a really good player.

I still think the lack of one further attacking option could prove to be crucial for Liverpool.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:43pm
Oh and Hans bollocks hanging out like a penyata LOL  Swing away boys
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:47pm
The closer Liverpool get to winning the title without actually winning it the better.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:50pm

I wouldn't expect the Ox to be able make a serious contribution before the end of the season.

Lallana, Keita, Shaqiri and Origi need to step up. Degsy and Joe need to get fit.

Albie Moreno's lack of game time is a problem as it means Robbo has had no rest and he's beginning to show it. His form has dropped in the last six weeks.

Trent needs to get match fit ASAP too. 

Sturridge looks finished. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I wouldn't expect the Ox to be able make a serious contribution before the end of the season.

Lallana, Keita, Shaqiri and Origi need to step up. Degsy and Joe need to get fit.

Albie Moreno's lack of game time is a problem as it means Robbo has had no rest and he's beginning to show it. His form has dropped in the last six weeks.

Trent needs to get match fit ASAP too. 

Sturridge looks finished. 

Makes the decision to let Clyne leave on loan very strange also (granted he plays right back) 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:03pm
I heard Clyne was a bad boy.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:37pm

You haven't had a doubt since before Day 1. Nor have many others, even when Liverpool were 1, 3, 5, 7, or 10 points clear. 

Maybe sometime soon they will look at the league table, see who is on top, and then have a doubt. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:46pm
On the game itself, Liverpool have to be a bit disappointed that they couldn’t get a win against a United team with McTominay and Perreira in midfield, and missing a few others, but united probably created the better chances in the game, not that there were many.

On the title race, plenty of twists and turns to come. I’ve no doubt both teams will drop plenty of points over the coming weeks. City looked flat today and picked up a couple of injuries. Liverpool the same and Firmino got injured. Mane and Salah were very quiet today. Home games on Wednesday against teams who both won on Friday are both potential banana skins. 

Will be a big psychological blow to the next team to drop points, assuming the other side wins 
Would still say Liverpool should win it 
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

You haven't had a doubt since before Day 1. Nor have many others, even when Liverpool were 1, 3, 5, 7, or 10 points clear. 

Maybe sometime soon they will look at the league table, see who is on top, and then have a doubt. 

Ok we will see but I am pretty sure over your enthusiasm and my negativity over the last number of years, I am sure it shows that I am right and you are wrong. I just can't see that team the way they are playing and the squad getting it over the line from here. 

Even today, Utd with Mc tominay and whoever the other lad was, struggled big time. Yes the possession was there but that game could still be playing without a Liverpool shot on target. 

Liverpool's first 11 is good but our side of that we are struggling 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 4:33am
You've got to admire Hans' unwavering insistence that the league is wrapped up despite the gap being 1 point with 11 games to play.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 8:29am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

You've got to admire Hans' unwavering insistence that the league is wrapped up despite the gap being 1 point with 11 games to play.

To be fair he would actually put money on Liverpool winning right now. He is so confident they will win it.

I think both teams will drop points over the next 4 games.
It will go down to the wire.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:43am
It will go down to the wire and plenty more twists & turns to come. Neither side is going to win every game so just need to pick up as many points as possible. Still a few tricky games to come along with Spurs and Chelsea but City have them too so going to be interesting.

We haven't played well in the last 4-5 weeks but still have only lost one game all season. Top by a point with 11 games left, all to play for but do need to start firing again especially the front 3. We're far too dependent on the though, what's coming off the bench to replace them just isn't good enough. Compare squads with City and they've done some work to be in the position they're in. Fingers crossed we can just stay up there.
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Bringing Sturridge on instead of Origi or Shaqiri was a disastrous call imo. As was Solskjaer bringing on an unfit Lingard as a 2nd sub in the first half. That would have been a serious black mark against Solskjaer going forward if they'd lost today.
That really hammered home just how far Sanchez's star has fallen. That his manager would take a huge gamble in bringing on a player who was just back from injury ahead of him, knowing full well if it didn't pay off he'd have all three subs used up in replacing him. Zero belief in him clearly.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12641265126612671268 1459>
  Share Topic