Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12631264126512661267 1459>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 3:43pm
WWN.....

FOLLOWING on from a nervy Champions League first leg tie against Bayern Munich and awaiting Sunday’s cagey match against a revitalised Manchester United, an increasing number of anxious Liverpool fans have chewed their fingernails down to nothing, WWN Sport can reveal.

Gone are the memories of early January during which time Liverpool fans sauntered around with their chests puffed out in arrogant pride in knowledge they were 7 points clear, replaced this week with a stadium load of nervous wrecks, unable to shake a jittery, paralysing fear of certain failure left to gnaw maniacally at their fingernails.

“I don’t like the look of United at all these days, not one bit,” shared one diehard Liverpool fan with all the confidence of a fan supporting a relegated team on a 34-game losing streak and a goal difference of minus 178.

In recent games the always passionate supporters of the Merseyside club have been afflicted with a skittish and near hysterical sinking feeling that sooner or later this push for the league will all be over, ending in tears and disappointment.

“We can still do it, we’ll rediscover our best form against United, I can feel it,” confirmed another Liverpool, who would have been more convincing had he not absentmindedly chewed away his finger nails down to his wrist bone, exposing his flesh.

Those with understandable doubts about whether their club can end the Premier League season as champions can take solace from manager Jurgen Klopp’s steely, unwavering calm, confident persona.

“We can do it,” Klopp said, his face twitching violently as he pulled fists full of hairs from his scalp and chewed on his assitant’s fingernails.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Liverpool seem to have lost all their momentum in 2019.

They would have won that match earlier in the season when they were taking their chances.
3 wins out of 8 so far in 2019 and I can’t see them winning on Sunday.

City have 11 wins out of 12 in 2019 and have battered some teams - they have scored something like 45 goals in 2019.

Klopp would have taken a draw before the match but that was 2 points dropped.

3 wins from 9 now.
Need convincing wins v Watford (H) and Everton(A).

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:13pm
Why the need for convincing wins?

Liverpool are grinders now. They are not a defensive team but they are a far far more conservative team than anything Klopp has ever put together afaik.

Bringing Sturridge on instead of Origi or Shaqiri was a disastrous call imo. As was Solskjaer bringing on an unfit Lingard as a 2nd sub in the first half. That would have been a serious black mark against Solskjaer going forward if they'd lost today.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:14pm
Liverpool are gone.  They would need city to have a sh*te run in to win it. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Liverpool are gone.  They would need city to have a sh*te run in to win it. 

I'd say myself that Liverpool will end the season with 1 defeat in 38 games. If City win the title from there fair play to them.

I think myself that City will possibly need to win every fixture left to get it done.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Liverpool are completely gone. That's why Man City are now 1/2 to win it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:24pm
LOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:27pm
A great point at Old Trafford. 

Back to the top we go.

Advantage Liverpool.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:29pm
In 2019

Man City have won 12/13
Scored 3 or more in 9 of those games.

Liverpool have won 3/9

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:31pm
Missed opportunity for Liverpool, looked toothless up top.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm
Liverpool are weak like a bottle empty
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:01pm
Liverpool took 1 point away from home against the top 6 last season. Liverpool lost 1 game away from home against the top 6 this season.

Liverpool are now 6 league games unbeaten and 7 in all competitions, with 3 consecutive clean sheets. 

Liverpool are now top of the league. 

As at the start of the season, Liverpool are still written off by those who think they know everything there is to know about English league football. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:32pm
Liverpool's 11 remaining fixtures are as follows:

HOME (6):
Watford
Burnley
Tottenham
Chelsea
Huddersfield
Wolves

AWAY (5):
Everton
Fulham
Southampton
Cardiff
Newcastle

Manchester City's fixtures are as follows:

HOME (5):
West Ham
Watford
Cardiff
Tottenham
Leicester

AWAY (6):
Bournemouth
Fulham
Crystal Palace
Manchester United
Burnley
Brighton

Manchester City's list definitely looks trickier. 

A lot of mid table teams with the potential to raise their game in that list.

A huge amount will obviously depend on April, and Manchester City's has the potential to be hellish. 

City could, worst case scenario, be faced with something like this:

Apr 3: Real Madrid (H)
Apr 6: Manchester United (N)
Apr 9: Real Madrid (A)
Apr 13: Crystal Palace (A)
Apr 16: Cardiff (H)
Apr 20: Tottenham (H)
Apr 24: Manchester United (A)
Apr 28: Burnley (A)

Liverpool losing to Bayern wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Edited by sid waddell - 24 Feb 2019 at 5:34pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:38pm
With a bit of luck here, Manchester City might be taken to extra-time here too in the League Cup final. 

Would help a lot ahead of their Wednesday fixture with West Ham, who played on Friday night. 

Though Liverpool also have a very tricky fixture against a confident Watford team who also won on Friday.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:41pm
Would have taken a point before the game. Thought we looked good in parts except again we looked short ideas up front. Salah again very poor. Mane again making bad choices.
Teams have figured out how to defend against us. Worried how we are going to turn this form around 

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Feb 2019 at 6:41pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:06pm

In 2019

Man City have won 12/13

Liverpool have won 3/9

I don't get this. Why start in January? Why not include December, a month where City lost a few league game?

There is just an ongoing thing where people try to convince themselves that City will canter to the league title. It's all a bit bizarre tbh.

All the while, right now City have gone through a tough game including extra time against Chelsea. Have 2 games in a week coming up after this, and have had 2 key players in Laporte and Fernandinho limp off. Things could well actually have a big effect on the PL title race unlike certain timeframed form lines to suit an argument.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

In 2019

Man City have won 12/13

Liverpool have won 3/9

I don't get this. Why start in January? Why not include December, a month where City lost a few league game?

There is just an ongoing thing where people try to convince themselves that City will canter to the league title. It's all a bit bizarre tbh.

All the while, right now City have gone through a tough game including extra time against Chelsea. Have 2 games in a week coming up after this, and have had 2 key players in Laporte and Fernandinho limp off. Things could well actually have a big effect on the PL title race unlike certain timeframed form lines to suit an argument.

Start of Jan was key. 
Liverpool were 7 pts ahead against a City side who were wobbling. 
Liverpool had a real chance to go 10pts ahead and City would have lost hope.
They lost that game and it definitely had an affect on them.

The leagues not over but City are the form team and just won a cup.
Liverpool need to hit top form again.... quickly.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:36pm
It's a funny one, because I'm pretty sure the dialogue was exactly the same around November time when Liverpool were a few points behind. It was all ' they'll be doing well if they can finish within 10 points of City'. A month odd later going into that City game Liverpool were 7 points clear and the league was effectively over imo. City won, reduced the gap to 4 and are now hanging on for dear life in the PL title race.

The dismissal of Liverpool all season long has been a sight to behold. City blew the title when losing those games to Newcastle, Palace, Leicester. As close as it is now, it will cost them the title in the end. Liverpool will just keep on chugging along. I reckon Liverpool will be top after every gameweek between now and the end of the season.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 24 Feb 2019 at 7:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12631264126512661267 1459>
  Share Topic