You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12421243124412451246 1460>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd have thought they'd learn their lesson after Ibe and Smith!

Was just thinking the same thing LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
An enjoyable game last night. It's quite unusual to see two teams use their keepers so much when the opposition players are so close, credit for the managers and players to sticking to their styles of play under such pressure.

I also missed the bit where Liverpool were handed the cup for winning the league in January, might have been making my tea then
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 4:56pm
Liverpool's Chief Exec Michael Edwards should be the guy negotiating Brexit

Ings, Brad Smith and Solanke were sold for more than Liverpool paid for Salah and Robertson with a bit of profit to spare. LOL  
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 6:47pm
I'd have City as favourites now. The fact that they were 7 points behind was really on the back of a couple of freak results over Christmas. Can see them picking things up and going on a run winning almost every game. 4 points could be overturned after a couple of draws in one week. 
Still beyond what you could have dreamt of to be 4 points clear but I would be thinking this game was the one to shift it in City's direction. Had we won then I would have started to believe.

That said, Liverpool could also continue to win. 

I think it will probably come down to who is the luckiest with injuries. Gomez was solid for the first half of the season and is going to be a great CB. Matip looked really good with Virgil for a couple games there and I think when he gets back fit he would be my first choice to start alongside Virgil. 
Lovern is a liability so either or them are badly needed back.
Maybe the Ox could still contribute yet too. 

Still a long way go. If we won it Aguerro style on the last day of the season I would take that over winning it with 3 games to go!

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
Good half-time scoreline.

45 minutes away from going out of a competition nobody gives a fook about and which we want to be out of ASAP.

We should have kept Karius for this competition, actually, because I'd feel a lot happier if our goalkeeper threw a couple into his own net early in the second half.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:04pm
Ah the aul never wanted to win it anyway line LOL
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:44pm
Silly to just throw that away. Klopp could do with a trophy almost as much as Pochettino could.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:48pm
Good result. 

The FA Cup is a dead competition which is considered a nuisance by both players and supporters.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:50pm
Yet another failure
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Yet another failure

Why? because they lose a game in the FA Cup away from home with a weakened side.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:56pm
Arsene Wenger won FA Cups and it couldn't save his job.  It's a nothing competition and that result tonight improves Liverpool's chances of league success now.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:08pm
Tis a nothing competition but still didn't want to lose 

Never got going at all. Some players showed a real lack of effort. For me sturridge couldn't have looked more disinterested in the game. Keita really isn't up to much at all. I had very high hoped for him but at the moment he looks lost in that Liverpool shirt. Moreno was his usual self. Thought Camacho and hoever did well considering their age.

Mignolet, well what can you say. The one on one, I had zero confidence in him stopping that and as for the never goal he didn't cover himself in glory either here. Yes it was a good strike but it's a foot inside the post and he is also nowhere near it.

Massive game the weekend. If the don't pick up maximum points the wheels will come off 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:48pm
Nuisance competition? Confused

Just as well nobody said that, after the semi final of it was abandoned after 6 minutes, 30 years ago. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Never got going at all. Some players showed a real lack of effort.
Well duh. 

Liverpool went out to deliberately lose. LOL
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:55pm
whats story with masterson? Surely he should have been on bench ahead of some 16 year old 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Arsene Wenger won FA Cups and it couldn't save his job.
Not indefinitely, no.
But imo those Cups allowed the Board to withhold the axe for a couple of seasons longer than they would had he not won them.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

It's a nothing competition and that result tonight improves Liverpool's chances of league success now. 
Depends how Klopp and the players react to it.

Otoh, it reduces fixture congestion, which should help.

Oto, another defeat immediately after losing to City might just chip away at their confidence. Plus it exposes their lack of true depth (eg Origi and Sturridge) should they suffer an injury crisis, or couple of suspensions in certain positions.

On balance, I'd guess it helps, but we won't really know until after the next few games.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 12:21am
Jaysus Gav, talking about the wheels possibly coming off.

This thread is madder than the United one and that takes some serious going.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 6:21am
Liverpool and Man City are way above every other team in the league.

On the domestic front Liverpool only have the league now.
Less games but does that add a little more pressure on them?

Luckily their away form in cup competitions (5 losses out of 5) hasn’t been replicated in the league.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12421243124412451246 1460>
  Share Topic