Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12161217121812191220 1460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

everyone at sky has a proper hard on for van dijk. all of these polls, "who's the best defender in the PL", "is VVD world-class", "do you think VVD is the best defender in the world right now".
He plays in the EPL.

They said the same with Ferdinand, Terry etc totally ignoring your Cannavaros, Nestas and Thurams of the day.

The best CH in the World right now and has been for 5/6 years is Sergio Ramos.
There is no argument.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:46am
Poor performance so got what deserved. The MF was terrible as was Trent again. 3 wins in 9 sounds bad but then they drew 3 v City, Chelsea and Arsenal & lost to Chelsea in the League Cup. The 2 they've lost were the Champions League ones.

Like has been said already, they haven't really fired at all yet this season but are still up there in the league and need to win 1 of 2 to get out of the CL group. What'll they be like if/when they do actually start playing well?

Don't think the loss of the Assistant is a factor at all 
Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

everyone at sky has a proper hard on for van dijk. all of these polls, "who's the best defender in the PL", "is VVD world-class", "do you think VVD is the best defender in the world right now".
He plays in the EPL.

They said the same with Ferdinand, Terry etc totally ignoring your Cannavaros, Nestas and Thurams of the day.

There is no argument.

There was only one Cannavaro that was world class, same for the Nesta and Thuram families.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He plays in the EPL.

There is no argument.

There was only one Cannavaro that was world class, same for the Nesta and Thuram families.
I'd also argue that Diego Godin is better than Sergio Ramos.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:07am
Some pundits have been mad to label Joe Gomez world class already after a few good performances this season

Michael Owen last week said Liverpool have the best centre halfs in the world.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:12am

He plays in the EPL.

There is no argument.

hate them f**king plural naming of lads
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:16am
Plus one, completely ****ish.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 11:29am

You hate everything and everyone.

I could say that people who say 'plus one' are totally kuntish.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 11:38am

He plays in the EPL.

There is no argument.

Hmm. Paolo wasn't awful but that's got to burn.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Some pundits have been mad to label Joe Gomez world class already after a few good performances this season

That right there is an insult to Bonucci and Chiellini.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That right there is an insult to Bonucci and Chiellini.

As a matter of fact it's also an insult to Varane/Ramos, Marquinhos/Silva, Godin/Gimenez and a few others.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:19pm

Who would you rather they have? Duffer? Sadlier? Dunphy?

Sky have a job to do. Their world is the English League. So saying VVD (or any player) is crap, doesn't sell them many new subscriptions. 

Giles was one of their pundits years ago. He was taken off air when he got on his soapbox about Gary Stevens, so that was the last we saw of him on Sky. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:57pm
I saw the 2nd half, thought it was a superb defensive performance from Red Star Clap

Sometimes the opposition deserve some credit
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I saw the 2nd half, thought it was a superb defensive performance from Red Star Clap

they do deserve some credit, but liverpool played without any imagination, desire or speed. the play was so predictable. Red Star ruffed them up and Liverpool rolled over

Its very frustrating being a Slob
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

they do deserve some credit, but liverpool played without any imagination, desire or speed. the play was so predictable. Red Star ruffed them up and Liverpool rolled over

And still had 23 shots but no goals. 9 of the 23 blocked and only 4 on target
In the last 15 minutes they had at least 4/5 good chances to score
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 5:28pm

You hate everything and everyone.

I could say that people who say 'plus one' are totally kuntish.

And that is your prerogative.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I think Salah is to blame. Liverpool started great and Salah was moping around and being all downbeat and looked unhappy even after wins and I reckon its been eating away at the team.  Plus there is this thing with the ex assistant manager.  Whatever happened there? He is still technically the assistant manager but there has been no update on the situation.  Was Salah good mates with him?   I hear yer man is bringing Liverpool to court.   Is his absence a factor?

Bump? 

I find this scenario strange and how nobody knows why he decided to leave in the first place
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 1:29pm
Up for sale according to reports in the US. Valued @ £1.5 billion, 3 times what the current owners paid Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12161217121812191220 1460>
  Share Topic