You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12141215121612171218 1460>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was thinking last night that Liverpool could go the full season unbeaten and still not win the league .

It would be such a Liverpool thing to do.
True.  Problem though is that City are playing football on a completely different level from everyone else in the EPL.  Only for that Liverpool would be well on course to win the league.  All we can do is hope they drop points through complacency a few times but even that looks unlikely with the high standards demanded
constantly by Guardiola and the strength in depth in their squad.

And their fiddling of their books !
You reckon Liverpool's accounts are squeaky clean? Or any other team wealthier than most countries?
Exactly - they're all cooking the books in one way or another, and I'm sure it's not just FFP that they're getting round.

As my dad used to say, rules are made to be broken ie there'll be at least one person who will find a way round them.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:55am
In 2010, Real Madrid had 96 points (with 102 scored) and finished second.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

City will leave all behind them, Not much between Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs, Cant write utd out of top 4 just yet, theyre only 4 behind it and it is only November, They will throw money at the side in January, but more times than not they haven't got the right players in. Think Liverpool fans get carried away to easy when speaking about how good they are, Still have mates think theyre the best side in Europe at the minute.

I don't know what Liverpool fans you meet, but most I meet are a bunch of GavinTheSlobs, constantly talking the team down even when it's winning, let alone when its not. One of them said that 7-4 was "the most dangerous lead in football' during the European Cup semi final. 

After taking home a hard fought, well earned point at the weekend, most clubs fans would be happy enough. Most Liverpool fans were conceding the title already. Honestly, the only thing missing was the Boom/Bust model. Completely ott.

I just call it as i see it. yes we are doing well at the moment results wise, however our performances haven't matched. its only a matter of time before this catches up with us.

Not because of the result the weekend, we cant compete with city this year. they will win the league comfortably
Its very frustrating being a Slob
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:01pm
So you keep saying. 

If results matched performances, City would have as many points as goals. Instead, they have less points than the same stage last season.

There are 30 more points available between now and the first games in the cup, the last one between City and Liverpool on the Thursday night, and the last game of the festive programme. 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:27pm
Don't you mean if results matched performances then City would be joint top on points difference?

Edited by bhob - 06 Nov 2018 at 2:28pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:29pm
A lot of people getting ahead of themselves on this thread and in evaluating the season so far.
A 2 point gap is nothing firstly. Awfully long way to go.

I'd be surprised if any team goes through the league campaign unbeaten, never mind 2 teams, and can't see two teams getting 93+ points as many are predicting.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was thinking last night that Liverpool could go the full season unbeaten and still not win the league .

It would be such a Liverpool thing to do.
True.  Problem though is that City are playing football on a completely different level from everyone else in the EPL.  Only for that Liverpool would be well on course to win the league.  All we can do is hope they drop points through complacency a few times but even that looks unlikely with the high standards demanded
constantly by Guardiola and the strength in depth in their squad.

And their fiddling of their books !
You reckon Liverpool's accounts are squeaky clean? Or any other team wealthier than most countries?
Exactly - they're all cooking the books in one way or another, and I'm sure it's not just FFP that they're getting round.

As my dad used to say, rules are made to be broken ie there'll be at least one person who will find a way round them.

I wouldn't say they are all at it - But it wouldn't surprise me if any of the premier league teams were caught doing this. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:25pm
The Red Star fans are Partizan
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 6:55pm
Would wanna produce some second half here 

Haven't seen the first half. How are they playing. 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:07pm
Two good goals in fairness Pavkov! Game on!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:13pm
Trent in the bath. Was he poor again? Horror show v Arsenal.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:36pm
Trent hasn't been the same since the lass on Instagram he was messaging on the sly tryna get her to cheat on her boyfriend although she was 7 months preggo at the time but instead she put the whole convo up on social media LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:37pm
Fckin Mc Carthy “that should be 1-1” after Matip misses an easy header LOL and people calling for him to come back
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:38pm
Link or pics? 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Link or pics? 
Im watching on Tv3 or whatever it’s called now,  he is funny if nothing else, corrected himself about 2 minutes later when pointed out to him LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:44pm
Red Star thoroughly deserve their win tonight.

Defensively excellent, they won everything.

Salah poor again, Sturridge missed a couple of early chances - came off at HT - he'll be the scapegoat for the loss I reckon.

Just a poor performance all round.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:48pm
Just a slightly better atmosphere there than the night we played Serbia there. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Link or pics? 
Im watching on Tv3 or whatever it’s called now,  he is funny if nothing else, corrected himself about 2 minutes later when pointed out to him LOL

My post was for Coyne. Your post beat mine by about 4 seconds so it looks like I'm asking for pics of McCarthy now Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12141215121612171218 1460>
  Share Topic