Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12121213121412151216 1460>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Baffling to hear any Liverpool fans worrying. 23 points out of 27. Have played both Chelsea and Spurs away. Have played City. 3 of the most difficult fixtures they will face all season. How many have they conceded in 9 league games, 2 or 3 is it? An incredible defensive record. Nothing lucky either about that.

It's not that baffling with GTS. Even when Liverpool win, he's still bawling that everything isn't in perfect working order. 

I expected the Liverpool game at Huddersfield to be what it was. A banana skin game, that Liverpool did just enough to get through, with a clean sheet and 3 points. You have to win those games to win a league, and City will have their own share of them as time goes on. 

Liverpool have the tightest defence in the top 5 European leagues, and probably a few more besides, with no goals conceded at all at home since February. A far cry to 12 months ago when GTS was telling people to look at the league table to see how much the team had regressed, reeling off how many points Klopp lost from winning positions, and strangest of all, comparing important away points the team got in Europe, to one night stands gone wrong. Confused

He says the team can't challenge City. Most people said nobody could challenge City, back in August. Liverpool are challenging City and the league won't be won by a dozen points, as the soothsayers said in the summer.
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:46pm
Just saying it as I see it. I am delighted with the position we are in but do feel if we keep putting in them performances it will eventually catch up with us. We have been lucky in a few games so far this season.

I also do believe that city are the best team in the league and we are still some way behind them in terms of the squad. Cam city slip up of course they can. We just have to make sure there are no slips ups from us this season if we are to have a chance. 

I do hope in may you can quote me as I am sure you will, and I will be very happy to be wrong.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:59am
A good 3 points considering how we played. Seemed sluggish at times but like Klopp said afterwards we'd the Brazilians only back Thursday, missing the 2 Africans, Lallana blew up after an hour, Sturridges first 90 league mins in a good while and Henderson & Milner carrying knocks still and came off. Taking all that into consideration it was good to come out with the win especially when Huddersfield probably deserved a draw

Salah's still not firing but thought he looked better on Saturday. The final pass is letting us down a lot as is some of the finishing but that'll turn...soon I hope
Some people just deserve a slap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:10pm
Does Salah want to leave Liverpool or what? Seems miserable even when he scores.  Something not right there.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:40pm
Sturridge playing well again
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Does Salah want to leave Liverpool or what? Seems miserable even when he scores.  Something not right there.

+1 

Only noticed it tonight tbh. What's going on with him? 

Edited by irishmufc - 24 Oct 2018 at 10:08pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 10:58pm
Job done without getting out of second gear 

Great game from fab
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

+1 

Only noticed it tonight tbh. What's going on with him? 
Does look very odd but he's always been like that. Well for most of the goals he's scored anyway. When you see players videos on Instagram etc he's always laughing away and enjoying himself. Dont know what's up with the muted goal celebrations

Edited by Croftman - 25 Oct 2018 at 11:59am
Some people just deserve a slap
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 12:48pm
I was wondering why Salah wasn't really celebrating, then when watching the highlights i saw his celebrations when other team mates were scoring last night. No issues there.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 3:48pm
Right again I know its only the end of October and there is a lot of footie to be played between now and the middle of May but Arsenal & Chelski both with new managers going well and champions Citeh = 3 CL spots, Liverpool/Utd/Spurs = 1 CL spot this is what I am beginning to fear and its only Hallowe'en.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Right again I know its only the end of October and there is a lot of footie to be played between now and the middle of May but Arsenal & Chelski both with new managers going well and champions Citeh = 3 CL spots, Liverpool/Utd/Spurs = 1 CL spot this is what I am beginning to fear and its only Hallowe'en.
So Arsenal and Chelsea will finish ahead of Liverpool ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Not a chance LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Not a chance LOL

It’s probably going to be between Spurs and Arsenal for 4th.

Really don’t see Man U getting top 4.

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:49am

Any idea what it is? He hasn't celebrated many goals in the past 6 months. Even scoring Egypt's first goals at the World Cup in almost 30 years, he just wandered back to the halfway line. 

If he wasn't trying to score, you could ask questions about his commitment. He now has 6 for the season and could have comfortably had double figures already. So he's getting into the right positions, just the finish is lacking. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 9:09am

You weren't on the wacky tabbaccy the last few days by any chance Neil LOL

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 8:20am
Again another result without playing great, all in all probably a fair result with arsenal shading it a little. 

Midfield looked lost in the second half. The game just by passed them by and TAA was caught out on numerous occasions. Centre back pairing looked strong again with the front 3 looking threatening at times.

Not sure about Alisson for the goal, could have done better, did he need to come out and then leave such a big opening for lacazette. Great finish by him though.

Arsenal looking good. 5 teams fighting for them top 4 positions. Who will miss out 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Again another result without playing great, all in all probably a fair result with arsenal shading it a little. 

Midfield looked lost in the second half. The game just by passed them by and TAA was caught out on numerous occasions. Centre back pairing looked strong again with the front 3 looking threatening at times.

Not sure about Alisson for the goal, could have done better, did he need to come out and then leave such a big opening for lacazette. Great finish by him though.

Arsenal looking good. 5 teams fighting for them top 4 positions. Who will miss out 

Very harsh to blame the keeper for the goal. The centrebacks just fell asleep completely. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:09am
Trent ball watching and fails to put in a challenge.

He had a bit of a mare today, I don't understand why Klopp didn't nip it in the bud and replace him.

The same with Salah, another meh performance from him.

Arsenal definitely deserved something from the game though. I thought they were excellent.

Edited by horsebox - 04 Nov 2018 at 10:09am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12121213121412151216 1460>
  Share Topic