Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12011202120312041205 1460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 11:32pm
Salah’s goal v Everton wins the Puskas goal of the year award
Voted for by the fans of course 

Not sure how it was even nominated tbh. Must have been dozens of better goals.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 12:29am
Also how was De Gea named in the Best XI but he wasnt nominated as best keeper - Cortois, Lloris, Schmichel ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:27am
those Egyptian lads can sure fix a vote LOL
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:03pm
the goal was pretty bog standard, wasnt even his best goal for Liverpool

He then didnt make the team of the year Confused
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Are you for real LOL

Out of order
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:21pm
It didn't even win goal of the month ffs
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:26pm
It was a top class goal in fairness
Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Are you for real LOL

Well i meant in comparison to others, as mentioned it didnt even win goal of the month, never mind the likes of ronaldos goal against juve and bales in the CL Final
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:54am
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

The team in 3rd (potentially finish 5th) will be closer to winning the league next season than any other team because of the players they haven't signed yet LOL

Cast yer mind back to this time last year for a minute there. Chelsea won the EPL. Most people were aware City were going to go on another spending spree and tipped them as at least serious challengers, if not winners for this year (based on who they might sign). It isn't that weird a concept surely. 

Anyone can see that Liverpool already have 9 players out of 11 to have a pretty exceptional first team, the 2 most glaring weaknesses are there for everyone to see. It isn't a huge stretch of the imagination to think that if these 2 were replaced by better players, they would be closer to Man City. Overhauling them is a completely different matter though, as City will strengthen as well, and the next significant weakness Liverpool have in relation to City, or even Utd, is the disparity in strength of squad, which isn't quite as easy or quick to rectify. 

On a simpler level, if DDG played for Liverpool this season and Karius played for Man U, their positions in the league would likely be reversed right now, and I doubt there are too many Man U fans who would disagree with that, he did get club player of the year after all, it isn't for no reason. Ederson, by himself, and the way he plays & his passing of the ball, has totally transformed how Man City play more than any other player they signed last year, a top class keeper could and should have the same effect on Liverpool, though I would't think they will sign one, Klopp is a bit stubborn about keepers for some reason. 

The other thing is to look at the rest of the challengers, Man U are closest this year. Where are they going next though, as regards signings ? Probably more defenders and another few defensive midfielder who will no doubt be brilliant at what they do, as this the area Jose's excels in. I'd bet right now that Man U will have the best defence in the league next season, but will that be enough ? Enough for top 3 nearly certainly, the best defence nearly always finishes in the top 3, but Jose's whole philosophy is to keep it
tight at the back & take the chances that come upfront, and I wonder if what they have upfront is enough. 

Even if Lukaku got 35 goals next year, where are the rest of them going to come from, it isn't that Man U don't have the players capable of scoring them, they do (Sanchez, Rashford, Martial) but the managers insistence on all of them being auxilary defenders as well takes a cutting edge off them. Jose will never commit to his entire midfield breaking forward to support the front players, so this both slows attacks and leaves them numerically short of attackers as well. This is from time to time, not in every single game, before lads start getting pedantic or showing clips of goals where they attacked & scored quickly. 

People are talking about Liverpool holding on to players, but that is a way bigger issue for another challenger, Spurs, with their wage structure and seeming lack of transfer funds with the move to a new stadium. Pottechino has done an unbelievable job getting them this close while net spending remains at nearly nothing at all, but any club can only do that for so long. Another trophyless season next year, will Kane hang around ? Very unlikely, and even this year, they will probably lose Rose & Alderweireld, can't see how that will improve their challenge, they are light in places too, particularly upfront where Kane carries nearly all the burden himself. 

Chelsea will be restarting with another manager, who will have to figure out how to get Hazard back to last years form as well as buying plenty players, maybe even a keeper if Courtois fecks off as rumoured, and as ever, nobody knows anything about Abramovich's intentions as regards funds, they haven't spent on Man U/City type money in years. Wouldn't write off a serious improvement in them, but big jump from where they are to challenging for a league. Arsenal are simply miles away at the minute and not a factor. I think its a safe enough bet we won't see another Leicster, which rules out everyone else. 

I don't think Liverpool will win the league next year, but it isn't that outlandish to think they could be the closest to City next year, they aren't a million miles away and certainly look better equipped to do so over Spurs or Chelsea or Arsenal right now. To put it very simply again, I think Liverpool's keeper/defence is a lot easier sort than Man U's attack, not because of the players Man U have in attack, there isn't really anything much wrong with them individually, all good players,  but because improving Liverpool's defence won't involve changing the philosophy of the manager, whereas improving Man U's attack most certainly does. 

It's amazing after all of the above written we're possibly still looking at a team finishing 5th in the league being touted as the closest team to challenge City next season according to both yourself and Hans. 

They need 2 players LOL

Thoughts on your total dismissal of Liverpool getting close to City this season Bhob? Surely United are the only team capable of getting closer to them, eh?

Out of interest Bhob, how do you call so many things so badly wrong? It's a skill set all by itself at this stage LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 10:58am
f**king hell you are one annoying individual i'll give you that. You are a f**king nuisance to this forum

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:09am

f**king hell you are one annoying individual i'll give you that. You are a f**king nuisance to this forum

LOL

So what you're saying now is that when you were sneering at others for theur thoughts on Citys nearest challengers, you may have been wrong. Am I reading your response correctly?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 4:46pm
Should Klopp make tonights game a priority, Its would be good to try and keep the momentum going plus, its not the best trophy in the world to win but would get rid of that stigma that he hasnt won anything with us
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 4:56pm
Hard to call. Playing eachother Saturday too so surely wont be full strength. Half and half? Lot of lads there who have played fook all, Fabinho for example, so a good game for the likes of him to get a run out
Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 4:58pm
Thats what i think will happen, both sides will field the second string and hope to get over the line with them
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 5:27pm
Liverpool :

Mig

Clyne Lovren Matip Moreno

Fabinho Keita Henderson

Shaq Studge Mane

Anything along the lines is what I'm expecting from Klopp.

Out of order
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 6:49pm
Spot on bar Milner.
Out of order
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 7:52pm
Spot on according to thisisanfield.com!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12011202120312041205 1460>
  Share Topic