You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11911192119311941195 1460>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Let's be very careful here folks. Still 4 people awaiting trial so best to say very little on this for fear of giving their lawyers an excuse to claim they can't get a fair trial. 

I fully appreciate your point, my post is just relating to the world a matter of public record!

And I wasn't having a go at any of the posts here, just urging caution for everyone !

Absolutely! Fair enough!
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Definite penalty. Sakho kicked him once, Salah stays up. The second time Sakho nicks Salah just as he's about to shoot. Whatever about how he goes down, it's a stonewall penalty.

One of the Liverpool forwards problems last season was they didn't go down when they were persistently fouled in opposition boxes. They were way way too honest. Salah could easily have gone down later on when Hennessy charged out at him. He was very badly impeded by the keepers lunge at him, and the keeper was never getting to the ball. They need to be far smarter in all of those situations this season.

You still rate Sakho as a defender Hans?

He is one of the top CBs in the PL. Absolutely no doubt about it. Obviously his clashes with management at clubs is tainting him now. If he hadn't fallen out with Klopp, he would walk into the Liverpool team to partner VVD. He would currently be by far the best CB at Arsenal or United. He'd have a serious chance of regular games at Chelsea and City. Spurs with 3 quality CBs is the only team where you'd question how much game time he would get.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:33pm
Do you still rate Matip as one of the best in the league Hans?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No one has mentioned die hard.
Going by your posts on here I would hazard a guess that if you were watching a Liverpool v Man United match and Liverpool scored, you would cheer. If Liverpool win the league you would be very very happy, just as you would have been in May had they beaten Real.
Similar to how I had a feeling as soon as I saw the United result on Sunday that you would be back on posting here on Sunday and Monday.
But hey, I'm not having a go, its perfectly fine to be a fan of football teams. Just odd when people won't admit it.

How do marry that with the fact I was very happy on this forum that United won the PL over Man City in 2013? Could it be that I look at the likes of United now and see a circus. I see haircuts, dances, sponsorship for noodles, and all these things seem to be as, if not more important than working hard, playing good football and winning. I look at Liverpool, Spurs, and I have nothing but respect for what they are buildin in recent times. If I was a United supporter I'd be spitting blood looking at what's gone on in the past 5 years. As it is, I just think it's sad to see such a circus at a club with such a good history.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:39pm

I will, and have held my hands up on Matip. He hasn't done nearly as well as I thought he would when they signed him. He was very good the first 6 months but from there it's been mostly downhill. I'd still start him any day over Lovren.

Do you think Sakho would get on that City team RB?
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Definite penalty. Sakho kicked him once, Salah stays up. The second time Sakho nicks Salah just as he's about to shoot. Whatever about how he goes down, it's a stonewall penalty.

One of the Liverpool forwards problems last season was they didn't go down when they were persistently fouled in opposition boxes. They were way way too honest. Salah could easily have gone down later on when Hennessy charged out at him. He was very badly impeded by the keepers lunge at him, and the keeper was never getting to the ball. They need to be far smarter in all of those situations this season.

You still rate Sakho as a defender Hans?

He is one of the top CBs in the PL. Absolutely no doubt about it. Obviously his clashes with management at clubs is tainting him now. If he hadn't fallen out with Klopp, he would walk into the Liverpool team to partner VVD. He would currently be by far the best CB at Arsenal or United. He'd have a serious chance of regular games at Chelsea and City. Spurs with 3 quality CBs is the only team where you'd question how much game time he would get.
He's a ticking time bomb with the ball at his feet. Any more than 2/3 seconds on the ball and he's more of a danger to Palace than the opposition!
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:17pm
I'd have Sakho partnering VVK ahead of any other Liverpool CB.

Thought he was very good last night, (I know he conceded a soft peno but still).

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:39pm

I will, and have held my hands up on Matip. He hasn't done nearly as well as I thought he would when they signed him. He was very good the first 6 months but from there it's been mostly downhill. I'd still start him any day over Lovren.

Do you think Sakho would get on that City team RB?

I'm not sure. Is he comfortable with the ball at his feet? Is he better than Kompany, Laporte, Stones and Otamendi in that respect? Or is he another Mangala, big and athletic but a bit clumsy and not that technical?
To be honest I haven't watched enough of him to say. I would doubt that Pep would have him ahead of those mentioned above though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Thought he was very good last night, (I know he conceded a soft peno but still).

He was very good last night and has been in almost every game hesh played for Palace. I would agree, he'd definitely be partnering VVD now only for that fallout with Klopp. He has history of that with managers going all the way back to PSG supposedly. Otherwise, based purely on on field performances he'd be a regular with France and with a top club.

The one about him being clumsy with his feet is massively overplayed. He's actually a very good passer, even if he doesn't look natural at it. 

RB, I'd have him miles ahead of all the City defenders defensively. Stones is a better passer alright. A fit Kompany is obviously one of the best around. I think Sakho would get plenty of game time at City. There's no comparison between Sakho and Mangala either. Sakho is light years ahead of him
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He was very good last night and has been in almost every game hesh played for Palace. I would agree, he'd definitely be partnering VVD now only for that fallout with Klopp. He has history of that with managers going all the way back to PSG supposedly. Otherwise, based purely on on field performances he'd be a regular with France and with a top club.

The one about him being clumsy with his feet is massively overplayed. He's actually a very good passer, even if he doesn't look natural at it. 

RB, I'd have him miles ahead of all the City defenders defensively. Stones is a better passer alright. A fit Kompany is obviously one of the best around. I think Sakho would get plenty of game time at City. There's no comparison between Sakho and Mangala either. Sakho is light years ahead of him

100%
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:46pm

Correct, I'm not a Liverpool supporter.

Neither is Gary McKay apparently.
When did I ever say that ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Hilarious. LOL
How can you think one was tripped and one wasnt? Did Benteke not dive then?
Next you'll be telling us you aren't a Liverpool fan.
I thought we covered this last week.
It's all a conspiracy.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, I grew up.
They are my favourite English club.

Bump for Gary Tongue
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:06pm
You had that one ready and waiting to go anyway RB LOL
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:07pm
Some man for the bumps LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:10pm
LOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:10pm

LOLLOL

I actually didn't, and I was wondering what key words to put into the search. Luckily it didn't take long to find. "Liverpool fan" written by Gary McKay in the last year and older.

I'm pretty sure he said it a number of times also.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:26pm

LOLLOL

I actually didn't, and I was wondering what key words to put into the search. Luckily it didn't take long to find. "Liverpool fan" written by Gary McKay in the last year and older.

I'm pretty sure he said it a number of times also.  
They're my favourite English club, as I said.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Strange that you don’t mention Palace have beaten Klopp twice at Anfield recently.

If the game was at Anfield, it would be strange. But it wasn't, so it's not.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Salah's body language looked a bit subdued not only today but the last game.  Not much smiling or anything. Seems depressed.

He was involved in all the main moments of this game, and could have scored 2-3 goals as well. 

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Liverpool weren't great tonight but got the result. In years gone by that would have ended a draw.

Penalty was a soft one alright but he does catch him. Not sure about the sending off as I feel salah had lost control of the ball.

All in all Liverpool deserved the win. VVD is a beast

The Utd heads on RTE described the penalty as "controversial". I describe it as clearcut. Technically, it's a penalty anyday of the week. Sakho showed why Klopp sold him off. As did Benteke. Again.

Mane was denied a clear peno the last time against Palace for going down "too late" after getting hacked down, and booked for it. Obviously Oliver saw that and learned from it. He's the one that gave Real that penalty against Juventus, so he must know the laws of the game.

It's 2014 since Liverpool dropped the ball down there. So it's been a happy hunting ground for the team in recent years, getting the kind of results that (despite all the previous wins), the press and pundits insist Liverpool need more of, to challenge for the league.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11911192119311941195 1460>
  Share Topic