You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11901191119211931194 1459>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Only saw the first half last night but Liverpool got very lucky with the cheap penalty. In fairness there was some contact, however clearly not enough to bring Salah down as he initially copes with it no bother then kinda just falls down - definite delayed reaction. Coming just before half time it was a real killer for Palace.

RTE had a headline something along the lines of "Liverpool win with controversial penalty".
Absolutely nothing controversial about it - It was a foul. He had two goes at Salah and definitely caught him. A player doesn't have to go down for it to be a foul.

And relating to the posts above, I'm really happy with the way the season has stared but nobody should have Liverpool as favourites for the title ahead of City.

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

He had two goes at Salah and definitely caught him. A player doesn't have to go down for it to be a foul.

That's true alright. I just thought the manner in which Salah did eventually go down made it look very dodgy. Another ref could very easily have booked Salah for that in fact.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:33am
A total aside, but there were some really good and perfectly timed tackles during that game last night from both sets of players. 
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Didn't play particularly well, but this Liverpool side are made of sturdy stuff. Salah looked a bit off yet still created the 2 goals. Firmino definitely not at 100 percent yet.

I would have them as slight favs over City right now. Btw, what a difference with Liverpool having a competent keeper. Not just competent though, his passing is absolutely phenomenal. Can see him possibly getting done at some point dribbling the ball LOL but overall he's going to be a massive player for them.

Any wonder Liverpool fans are the laughing stock of England when supporters are coming out with this after two games. Christ almighty.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Didn't play particularly well, but this Liverpool side are made of sturdy stuff. Salah looked a bit off yet still created the 2 goals. Firmino definitely not at 100 percent yet.

I would have them as slight favs over City right now. Btw, what a difference with Liverpool having a competent keeper. Not just competent though, his passing is absolutely phenomenal. Can see him possibly getting done at some point dribbling the ball LOL but overall he's going to be a massive player for them.

Any wonder Liverpool fans are the laughing stock of England when supporters are coming out with this after two games. Christ almighty.
Hans isnt a Liverpool supporter afaik?!Confused
A good 3 points in a tricky game. Looked very solid at the back which is great to see. 
Was very impressed with the Palace lad who got sent off, Wan Bassaka or something like that. Looks a good player
Some people just deserve a slap
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:56am
Correct, I'm not a Liverpool supporter. This is a serious Liverpool side, I think people are underestimating how good they are, and it's just my opinion that I'd have them as slight favs for the title. It's hardly that outlandish as already most commentary now is of a 2 horse race for the title. The most interesting thing will be to see can Spurs and Chelsea keep pace and make it a 3/4 way title race.

On last night, VVD was immense, as was Gomez alongside him. Could end up being the most regular pairing at CB this season yet.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Only saw the first half last night but Liverpool got very lucky with the cheap penalty. In fairness there was some contact, however clearly not enough to bring Salah down as he initially copes with it no bother then kinda just falls down - definite delayed reaction. Coming just before half time it was a real killer for Palace.
Sakho had his arm around Salah's chest from neck down.
Then he had his arm around his waist pulling him.
Then he kicked Salah, twice.
You're right it wasn't one penalty it was four penalties.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:05am
Football is a contact sport. You are allowed to make contact with the opposite player. We see this every week. It use to be called tackling\defending.

I thought the penalty was a very soft one.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:14am

Correct, I'm not a Liverpool supporter.

Neither is Gary McKay apparently.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:17am
Definite penalty. Sakho kicked him once, Salah stays up. The second time Sakho nicks Salah just as he's about to shoot. Whatever about how he goes down, it's a stonewall penalty.

One of the Liverpool forwards problems last season was they didn't go down when they were persistently fouled in opposition boxes. They were way way too honest. Salah could easily have gone down later on when Hennessy charged out at him. He was very badly impeded by the keepers lunge at him, and the keeper was never getting to the ball. They need to be far smarter in all of those situations this season.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Correct, I'm not a Liverpool supporter.

Neither is Gary McKay apparently.

Ah sure, it's only 12 off months since plenty on here (possibly yourself included), had me pegged as a big Spurs fan. 

Man talking about good football sides playing well equals diehard fan.

Man taking about terribly run football teams just generally being awful equals hatred for that team.

Football fans are a funny breed.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:23am
No one has mentioned die hard.
Going by your posts on here I would hazard a guess that if you were watching a Liverpool v Man United match and Liverpool scored, you would cheer. If Liverpool win the league you would be very very happy, just as you would have been in May had they beaten Real.
Similar to how I had a feeling as soon as I saw the United result on Sunday that you would be back on posting here on Sunday and Monday.
But hey, I'm not having a go, its perfectly fine to be a fan of football teams. Just odd when people won't admit it.
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:40am

Hillsborough disaster:

Charges dropped against police chief Sir Norman Bettison

Sir Norman Bettison, won't  be prosecuted for charges of misconduct in a public office following the Hillsborough disaster.

Bettison, who was a chief inspector at the time of the FA Cup semi-final was charged with four counts of misconduct in a public office, relating to alleged lies he told about his role in the aftermath of the tragedy.

He was accused of untruthfully describing his role in the South Yorkshire Police response as "peripheral".

He was alleged to have made the comment to then chief inspector of constabulary Sir David O'Dowd, in 1998, when he applied for the job of chief constable in Merseyside.

Edited by The Tribesman - 21 Aug 2018 at 11:51am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:45am
The more things change, the more they stay the same. He was only doing his job. Nice to he gets to keep the title too.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:49am
Let's be very careful here folks. Still 4 people awaiting trial so best to say very little on this for fear of giving their lawyers an excuse to claim they can't get a fair trial. 
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:52am

Let's be very careful here folks. Still 4 people awaiting trial so best to say very little on this for fear of giving their lawyers an excuse to claim they can't get a fair trial. 

I fully appreciate your point, my post is just relating to the world a matter of public record!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by The Tribesman The Tribesman wrote:

I fully appreciate your point, my post is just relating to the world a matter of public record!

And I wasn't having a go at any of the posts here, just urging caution for everyone !
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:18pm

Definite penalty. Sakho kicked him once, Salah stays up. The second time Sakho nicks Salah just as he's about to shoot. Whatever about how he goes down, it's a stonewall penalty.

One of the Liverpool forwards problems last season was they didn't go down when they were persistently fouled in opposition boxes. They were way way too honest. Salah could easily have gone down later on when Hennessy charged out at him. He was very badly impeded by the keepers lunge at him, and the keeper was never getting to the ball. They need to be far smarter in all of those situations this season.

You still rate Sakho as a defender Hans?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11901191119211931194 1459>
  Share Topic