Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11871188118911901191 1460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Surely it’s time to make one of these for Man U post Fergie.

Over 2bn spent and not one single title challenge.

LOLEmbarrassed

2 Billion? 

Salaries are around 225M per year and transfers in must be close to that number. 

Whatever you do, don't ever bring wages into the equation. By far the biggest defining factor in any professional sport is wages spent, but that would't suit so many made up agendas in years gone by. By God, the litany of nonsense on here would make your ears bleed. Sure, Ibrahimovic was free (also known as one of the most expensive 18 month contracts in the history of football). Sure Sanchez was signed for a pittance (over his contract, again one of the most expensive players in history? No?) 

Do lads supporting the likes of United think that money for regular wages paid come from Jack in the beanstalk tree? But transfer fees are the only real thing a club pay out LOLLOLLOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 4:36am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

This is the strongest Liverpool 11 in decades. .
Better than the Alonso-Mascherano-Gerrard-Torres team ?

Should have won it if Rafa didn't field a weakened team away to M'boro after winning in the Bernabeu.
Unbeaten up to mid Feb.

I think so. That was a phenomenal side, actually think Benitez was too conservative in a few games which then ended in draws and it killed them. That side should definitely have won the title. That was the Boro 2-0 loss was it? I remember it. Think Liverpool only lost 2/3 games all season didn't they. 

I just think the attack Liverpool now have is on another planet. With the likes of Keita in the middle now, VVD at the back, that attack will be able to really explode. I think they will go down as a better side than the '09 team as good as they were.

They beat Man U and Chelsea home and away and only lost 2 games all season.
Won 9 out of the last 10 games. 
Silly draws at home cost them - Stoke, Hull, Fulham, West Ham. 
Lost the league by 4 pts.

As far as I remember United were comfortably ahead of Liverpool and there was no real title run-in with Liverpool. Even after the 4-1 game apart from United looking vulnerable prior to the Villa game, they were still in a healthy enough lead.

The silly draws that cost Benitez at home against beatable teams has happened to United under Mourinho over the last two league campaigns. 

United were faltering big time when Liverpool smashed them. Iirc at one point after that game, Liverpool were top of the table by a point or 2, but United had a couple of games in hand. Correct me I'm wrong on that.

Btw, there is simply no comparison whatsoever between that Liverpool side of 08/09 and the United team from the past couple of years. That was an immensely strong Liverpool team at a time when the top few PL sides were among the handful of best sides in Europe. That Liverpool side should have won the title imo. The United team of the past couple of years were never ever winning a title.

Talk about jumping the gun.

Liverpool struggling to beat poor teams under Benitez just reminds me of United doing the same thing under Mourinho. I've no interest nor or do I care which team was better. Poor results in the league against beatable opposition cost Benitez and it'll cost United in terms of being potential league champion s.

United were on the rack in the Villa game and had they lost that game it would've blown things wide but again that wasn't a real close title race by any measure. United were never in any real danger of conceding their lead. Liverpool should've won the league in 2014 alright but United were deserved champions in 2009. 

I could say a million things that are horribly wrong in football terms about those 2 paragraphs written. I'll leave it at this though,  any assumption you have, or ever had of United being PL champions under Mourinho, and that being undermined by a number of draws is just comical. To equate anything United from seasons 16/17 and 17/18 to that Liverpool team from 08/09 is 2 things - 1. Totally embarrassing and devoid from reality. 2. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:41am
As every other season, Klopp has to finish in the top 4. Anything more is a bonus. 

No side has retained the league in 10 years, no matter how great they are,  not even City. So it's depressing to see pundit after observer after pundit (Liverpool ones included) crown them champions before a ball is kicked, as if every other side is wasting their time showing up. Most of them automatically predicted City to win the European Cup quarter final and 20 minutes in, they were left with egg on their face. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:30am
So what you’re saying is, Liverpool should be being tipped to win the title, yet if they finish 4th it’s a good season and anything better than that is a bonus? Hmmm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:36am
The goal posts have moved.

Liverpool have spent a lot of money on players who will help compete for the title.

If Liverpool finish 4 and no siverware - it will be a very poor season.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:08am

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

This is the strongest Liverpool 11 in decades. .
Better than the Alonso-Mascherano-Gerrard-Torres team ?

Should have won it if Rafa didn't field a weakened team away to M'boro after winning in the Bernabeu.
Unbeaten up to mid Feb.

I think so. That was a phenomenal side, actually think Benitez was too conservative in a few games which then ended in draws and it killed them. That side should definitely have won the title. That was the Boro 2-0 loss was it? I remember it. Think Liverpool only lost 2/3 games all season didn't they. 

I just think the attack Liverpool now have is on another planet. With the likes of Keita in the middle now, VVD at the back, that attack will be able to really explode. I think they will go down as a better side than the '09 team as good as they were.

They beat Man U and Chelsea home and away and only lost 2 games all season.
Won 9 out of the last 10 games. 
Silly draws at home cost them - Stoke, Hull, Fulham, West Ham. 
Lost the league by 4 pts.

As far as I remember United were comfortably ahead of Liverpool and there was no real title run-in with Liverpool. Even after the 4-1 game apart from United looking vulnerable prior to the Villa game, they were still in a healthy enough lead.

The silly draws that cost Benitez at home against beatable teams has happened to United under Mourinho over the last two league campaigns. 

United were faltering big time when Liverpool smashed them. Iirc at one point after that game, Liverpool were top of the table by a point or 2, but United had a couple of games in hand. Correct me I'm wrong on that.

Btw, there is simply no comparison whatsoever between that Liverpool side of 08/09 and the United team from the past couple of years. That was an immensely strong Liverpool team at a time when the top few PL sides were among the handful of best sides in Europe. That Liverpool side should have won the title imo. The United team of the past couple of years were never ever winning a title.

Talk about jumping the gun.

Liverpool struggling to beat poor teams under Benitez just reminds me of United doing the same thing under Mourinho. I've no interest nor or do I care which team was better. Poor results in the league against beatable opposition cost Benitez and it'll cost United in terms of being potential league champion s.

United were on the rack in the Villa game and had they lost that game it would've blown things wide but again that wasn't a real close title race by any measure. United were never in any real danger of conceding their lead. Liverpool should've won the league in 2014 alright but United were deserved champions in 2009. 

I could say a million things that are horribly wrong in football terms about those 2 paragraphs written. I'll leave it at this though,  any assumption you have, or ever had of United being PL champions under Mourinho, and that being undermined by a number of draws is just comical. To equate anything United from seasons 16/17 and 17/18 to that Liverpool team from 08/09 is 2 things - 1. Totally embarrassing and devoid from reality. 2. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Let me explain it again for you. 

The only comparison I made is that Benitez like Mourinho dropped too many points against opposition they should beat and that cost him and will cost Mourinho any chance of winning the league. You're fixated on that 09 season. 

I'm not comparing those United and Liverpool teams only that Mourinho' poor results and struggles to beat poor sides are reminiscent of Liverpool's similar struggles under Benitez. That's it. 

I doubt any Liverpool fan on here really disagrees with that. 

Hans you should probably refrain from labelling anyone else embarrassing on here when you disappeared off here for a few months after Karius's blunders only to come back on the midst of United's poor pre-season but I'm sure that's all coincidence and off course you're not a Liverpool fan.LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:07pm
Ah the old disappearing thing. A fellow United fanboy on here also used this line, but doubled down and said I'd disappeared after losing a fortune backing Liverpool to win the CL. Total lies obviously with not a shred of proof to back up such a statement, but of course that's par for the course around here.

In fairness, your comments about myself disappearing aren't as bad as the other fanboys, but once you go down that line, you know yourself that you've already lost any debate that was being had. I was indeed nowhere near this forum throughout the summer, would you believe I was actually busy doing other stuff. Amazing really.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm
Liverpool looking rampant. The only title challengers to city.

EDIT:  Changing my mind on City winning the title.  Think Liverpool will win it this year after seeing that.  Looking solid in every area of the pitch and the best strike force going forward.  If they could get one more solid centre back they have the full package.

Edited by Trap junior - 12 Aug 2018 at 3:25pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:27pm
They are a scary side. I think they will only get better as well, as it will take a few weeks for the likes of Firmino to get fully up to speed. City will need to be not far off their levels of last season to win the PL title this season.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:29pm
Liverpool & over 2.5 goals again for me this season. They’re looking very good with good depth added too. 

“Double down” DeadDead
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:29pm

Ah the old disappearing thing. A fellow United fanboy on here also used this line, but doubled down and said I'd disappeared after losing a fortune backing Liverpool to win the CL. Total lies obviously with not a shred of proof to back up such a statement, but of course that's par for the course around here.

In fairness, your comments about myself disappearing aren't as bad as the other fanboys, but once you go down that line, you know yourself that you've already lost any debate that was being had. I was indeed nowhere near this forum throughout the summer, would you believe I was actually busy doing other stuff. Amazing really.

I'm sure you would've ventured in at some point had Liverpool won the champions league but you're too disingenuous to admit otherwise.

What debate? We weren't having one. United dropping points they shouldn't reminded me of Liverpool doing the same under Benitez. End of story. A stated observation doesn't make it a debate. There was no debate to be had. 

And for what it's worth the team under Benitez was a lot better to watch than this United team. No argument there. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:52pm
That's me. Disingenuous to the core Clap
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

EDIT:  Changing my mind on City winning the title.  Think Liverpool will win it this year after seeing that.  Looking solid in every area of the pitch and the best strike force going forward.  If they could get one more solid centre back they have the full package.

Liverpool wanted to send out a statement from Day 1. Obviously you've seen it. 

What's the verdict on the new camera angle?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Liverpool wanted to send out a statement from Day 1. Obviously you've seen it. 

What's the verdict on the new camera angle?

Pretty good. A touch higher is the zenith of camera angles.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 5:29pm

Liverpool probably have the better starting XI over City.

But City started away to Arsenal without D Silva, KDB, Jesus and Sane and were looking comfortable.

Now that’s strength in depth.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 6:01pm

That's me. Disingenuous to the core Clap

Yes, you are as a poster on here. 

I'm not speaking in any other terms but it shows in your posts when you comment on Liverpool in reverence (and to a lesser extent Spurs and City) in comparison with your criticism against United especially when you take ridiculous positions of criticising Valencia as a right back who has actually done well in that position. 

Why don't you ask yourself why you're consistently singled out in comparison to McKay and Baggio when it comes to criticising United?  It might have something to do with the fact that they're not so zealous in their anti-United sentiments (as Liverpool and City fans respectively) that they'll go out of their way to troll a thread on it. 

Funny thing is I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of your posts when there are legitimate criticisms of Mourinho or United but your obvious antipathy towards United comes out in some amusing ways. Half time and 1 up against Ajax in a Europa final for CL qualification and you stating how it was  'grim viewing' from a United perspective LOL 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 6:05pm
Henderson’s going to struggle to get a game this season 
Liverpool very good today as expected 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:01pm
Hi SirAlex
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11871188118911901191 1460>
  Share Topic