Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11551156115711581159 1460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

jaysus lads this would be of more concern to me and no chat about it, Buvac out until the end of the season personal reasons, fcukin bad timing whatUnhappy

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43946857

This does not bode well. The pair have worked together since Klopp started in management I believe. When Dortmund were flying under Klopp, massive credit was being given to Buvac also. I think it's very underestimated how important an assistant or coaching team around the main manager is. Just check out MON time in management.

Whatever has gone on, be it a personal private matter or an issue between himself and Klopp, the timing could not be worse. Would be very sad to see him miss out on a CL final appearance if Liverpool make it also.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 8:46am
Buvac has been, slowly but surely, phased out by Klopp this season. So much so that Buvac has got really pissed off and - after being snubbed for his opinions pre-match against Stoke at the weekend, in indeed during the match (wasn't privy to any change in tactics, substitutions etc), he held a meeting with Klopp on Saturday evening, had a furious row and told him he was quitting.

Although Buvac gets lots of credit for Klop's successes as a manager over the past 17-years, it is Klopp's opinion that he needed different approaches this season and has sidelined (excuse the pun) Buvac as the campaign has gone on. 

So, all in all, this is not as bad a story as some Liverpool fans fear. Once Klopp is in control, that's all that matters. He's still in control and still dong thing his way. If he wasn't utilising Buvac as much, then there is no major loss.

Hopefully it doesn't have any effect on player mentality and everyone is focused on the second leg in Rome. One away goal should see the boys through. A Real v Liverpool final would be amazing - between two of the world's most successful club sides in history. Should be one to remember for decades.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:20pm
Having different No2s often works best, so maybe this could be a blessing in disguise. Don't know f-all about Buvac and only found his name out yesterday, still sh*t timing for someone that has worked with you for 17 years, especially as it could end with a CL medal 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:23pm
Second fav for Arsenal job 6/1/.
Out of order
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Second fav for Arsenal job 6/1/.
Backed him @ 9/1 this morning. Wont hold my breath but thought it was worth a shot
Some people just deserve a slap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:36pm
Mourinho's assistant also being linked with the Arsenal job in today's papers.

Bullsh*t as well, as is the Buvac talk IMO

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:09pm
Firmino has signed a new long term contract. There was supposed to be a release clause in his previous contract, so that was massive for Klopp to get that sorted. If Liverpool lost him, it's hard to know who they could replace him with unless they totally changed their attacking system.

I see Neville put Firmino in his team of the season, would have to agree with that. Some top class forwards in the PL now, but Firmino is one of the best around. He is the epitome of a forward where goals to game stats tell little at all of his real value to a team.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:12pm
I would agree. Despite not scoring as many goals as Aguero this season, Firmino deserves a spot in the team of the season.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:22pm
Last season, when Firminos stats weren't nearly as good, few outside of Liverpool fans would have praised how quality a  player he really is. People can be blinded by stats imo when it comes to teams and players in football. Love stats myself, but they don't always tell the whole story. Just look at Aguero who you have mentioned, his stats are phenomenal for year now, but there's a definitely a situation there imo where Guardiola would go with Jesus over him. It would have been very interesting to see how that had played out, had both been fully fit all season at City. Even with Agueros form being brilliant at times, there is definitely that sense about the situation.

In terms of Liverpool, imo Klopp has done an incredible job trimming the squad from where it was 2 years ago. It's now in a place where they have to kick on big time. It will be very interesting to see do Liverpool go out and try get a top quality attacking player so that they have 4 players then for the 3 positions next season. Then they may have Ings, Solanke, Origi as next in line if needed. Origi being well ahead of the others at present imo. As things stand, the likes of Ings and Solanke aren't anywhere near good enough for the level of competition Liverpool are looking to compete at. Klopp can be fiercely loyal though, so it will be interesting to see what next season brings for Ings and Solanke. Imo the best move would be, Origi back, new attacking player of quality signed, Solanke and Ings on season loan somehwere.

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:14am
Ah bless...Liverpool fans in work celebrating last nights performance like they won the Champions League.
It's because of these morons I would love to see Roma spank them tonight
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:27am
Why were they celebrating. i dont get it

they now have madrid in the final going for 3 in a row, who have one of the greatest players that ever lived in their team. surely they dont believe it will be a walk in the park

madrid will most definitely believe they have it in the bag, should they get liverpool or roma
Its very frustrating being a Slob
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

I doubt they were. Just this odd ball using this as an excuse to comment.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I doubt they were. Just this odd ball using this as an excuse to comment.

does sound like that alright. i cant imagine anyone celebrating the fact that we may face madrid in the final
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:34am
madrid actually wore tshirts last night with 13 on the front, which would be the case had the won the CL last night.

Bit strange if you ask me
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:35am

they now have madrid in the final going for 3 in a row, who have one of the greatest players that ever lived in their team. surely they dont believe it will be a walk in the park

madrid will most definitely believe they have it in the bag, should they get liverpool or roma
Of course they weren't.
Just some Celthick fan getting excited.

Mon the Huns.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Ah bless...Liverpool fans in work celebrating last nights performance like they won the Champions League.

You work with some strange fish
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:36am

madrid actually wore tshirts last night with 13 on the front, which would be the case had the won the CL last night.

Bit strange if you ask me
I think its more of a challenge thing - we're going for number 13.

They did it with La Decima.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:37am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

How were they celebrating Real's win exactly? Standing on top of the photocopier with a red flare lit singing allez allez allez?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11551156115711581159 1460>
  Share Topic