Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11501151115211531154 1460>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:45pm
Who was the girl beside Ian Rush? His daughter or bird?

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 24 Apr 2018 at 9:45pm

Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

His bird, and an Irish wan too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That big nose **** is punching 
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:09pm
Mad game of football that. Could have ended up 10-4 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

5-2 is safe for them 
People over state away goals at times I feel. A 3 goal lead is a brilliant result.
Liverpool will score over there 
Yeah agree, another for Roma then it was on but can’t see Roma getting 4 at home 
They only need 3 just saying like
Read the post. If Liverpool score they need 4
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:49pm

Kiev is a sh1te place for the final

Ever been?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

She's a very talented singer.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

5-2 is safe for them 
People over state away goals at times I feel. A 3 goal lead is a brilliant result.
Liverpool will score over there 
The only way Liverpool don't qualify for the final is if Klopp is struck down with a bug and Stephen Bradley is placed in temporary charge for the 2nd leg  
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:39pm
Bunch of Roma fans armed with belts and hammers attacked fans outside the stadium before and after the game.  

One Liverpool fan in his 50's seriously injured. 

If I remember correctly. Roma caused a lot of trouble outside old Trafford a few years back 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Bunch of Roma fans armed with belts and hammers attacked fans outside the stadium before and after the game.  

If I remember correctly. Roma caused a lot of trouble outside old Trafford a few years back 
Reports saying the man injured is Irish

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

That tie was marred by crowd trouble in both legs, some of it inside the Olympic Stadium.

It was always a concern when the draw was made, as Rome and English football fans is a dangerous mix, but the fear is that the tools used next week will be rather more serious than hammers.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:57am
Yep, anytime I remember Roma playing against English sides, there always seems to be trouble. Was there stabbings years back in one of the games against an English side? Real scum altogether.

Very sad to hear about that lad in critical condition. Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds from the few details on the news.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 3:22am
What can you say about Salah at this point. Phenomenal. The first was just beautiful. Love when a ball hits the underside of the bar and crashes into the net. It just looks so good, effect wise! The second though, wow. That touch to set Firmino on his way. Firmino with a beautiful turn and then perfectly weighted pass. Then the little dink finish by Salah. One of the goals of the season for me. They really are an incredible attack to watch. Salah with 2 superb assists then on top of that. Right up there with some of the great individual CL performances imo, even if Roma were horribly naive on the night. Delighted to see Firmino star also. He is imo, the heartbeat of the team. The intelligence in his play is something else. Great to see him  really kicking on the bigger stage now.

Roma can consider themselves blessed to still be in with any outside hope in this tie after that performance tonight. At 5-1, the tie is 100 percent over. At 5-2, and having come from 5-0 and that little bit of momentum, it definitely leaves the door ajar. The Roma manager got it shockingly wrong. That is a slow and poor defense if left exposed. Pressing high is great and all, but you have got have a high level of ball retention at times doing so, but way more importantly you have to have defenders who have pace and are also superb 1v1 defenders. There is an absolutely massive difference between defending tight space in your defensive 3rd with 8/9 of your own players around the ball, and defending 3v3s in 40 square yards of space. It was insanity to do what they did with Jesus and Fazio back there against those Liverpool attackers.

Think Klopp was spot taking Salah off at 5-0 also. There was no sign at that point that Roma would get 1, let alone 2 goals back. It was the smart call at the time, considering he had a recent injury. Imagine if they were 5-0 or 6-0 up on 80 plus minutes and Salah gets injured. Of course, Klopps loyalty to Lovren has bitten him again though. I can't overestimate how abysmal that piece of defending is for the Dzeko goal. There simply is no brain work in Lovrens play whatsoever. All brawn no brain. Any average defender in that situation realises 'I probably won't make this headed clearance. Bit high for me. Doesn't matter. If I stay goal side of Dzeko, the moment he takes a touch, I nick it clear or I get a block in. Job done.' Good defenders do such thinking in a split second. Not Lovren though. He is simply appalling. If Roma somehow turn this around, obviously it's a really long shot, Lovren will be almost totally responsible imo. The 2nd goal for Roma looks a terrible penalty decision altogether as well. 
Took the shine off what should have been a stroll to the final next week, and a chance to rotate carded players or players with knocks.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Yep, anytime I remember Roma playing against English sides, there always seems to be trouble. Was there stabbings years back in one of the games against an English side? Real scum altogether.

Very sad to hear about that lad in critical condition. Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds from the few details on the news.

the english spent 20 years going round europe knocking crap out of plenty of poor innocent souls. liverpool one of the worst offenders - if not the worst. it is little wonder why foreign clubs are so up for english games, esp. liverpool. 

hope the old boy pulls through. he's irish i believe. 
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:01am
f**kin' awesome.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

f**kin' awesome.

I'm sure the man and his family think the exact same 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:14am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

f**kin' awesome.

I'm sure the man and his family think the exact same 

I'm assuming SA was referring to the prior post about Salah
El Puto Amo
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:18am
Yeah pretty sure SA was talking about Salah or Liverpool's performance
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11501151115211531154 1460>
  Share Topic