You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11421143114411451146 1460>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Liverpool had 8 shots on target in the 2 games and scored 5 goals, lethal.

On the other hand, City put in an Oscar Pistorious performance.
Lost both legs but had 4 shots on target.

Clap
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:12pm
Horsebox, i would like to hear your opinion of how you think Jurgen has done as Liverpool manager. You were very critical of him in the past.

For me, he has transformed the club, we are now a destination that players want to come. in years gone by we were signing Borini, Balotelli and Lambert. Far cry fro that now

I think his dealings in the transfer market have been exceptional, even the Ox is looking good
Its very frustrating being a Slob
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:33pm
Yes I was critical of him and I stand by my criticism too.

I think he is doing a very good job and is currently assembling a very strong squad.

I think he will win the league next year too .
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I think he is doing a very good job and is currently assembling a very strong squad.

LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:10pm
The main job for Liverpool in the summer is to hold onto Salah and Firmino. Both excellent players who I’m sure will attract attention in Espana.
Once Real and Barca come calling it’s hard to say no.

They will have to strengthen the squad with 4/5 players to challenge for the league IMO.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Nobody questioning a blatant foul in the first goal tonight?? Which could have turned out to be massive. It was a shocking call not to give a free against Sterling for the shove on VVD.
I don't think it was a foul.

That little skinny weasel Sterling pushing big VVD off the ball, would ya fcuk off. Ref was correct.
And Id have slated VVD at half time for it.

but you just said he pushed him. ItsI a blatant push. That means it's a blatant foul. There seems to be some rule that near the touchline or other certain parts of the pitch you might get away with such fouls. Imagine if VVD committed the exact same foul on Sterling, you think a free kick wouldn't be given?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Nobody questioning a blatant foul in the first goal tonight?? Which could have turned out to be massive. It was a shocking call not to give a free against Sterling for the shove on VVD.
I don't think it was a foul.

That little skinny weasel Sterling pushing big VVD off the ball, would ya fcuk off. Ref was correct.
And Id have slated VVD at half time for it.

This

What weight and height would VVD be 6'4ish 14st??

Sterling is what 5'10- 6" 10-12st?
Happy read your post when I replied to Gary. So if roles were reversed, VVD likely gets a free against and a yellow imo. Can smaller players just go around fouling at will or something now, simply because they are smaller?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:29pm

ALL TOGETHER NOW

El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:37pm

I would expect a far better challenge in the PL next season. Keep the top players, Keita coming in plus a couple more and there's a very strong team there. It took Liverpool way too long this season to hit really good form, a lot of rotatation early in the season. I think it will be far more settled next season and in the PL there will be a much more regular starting 11. That will be huge.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 11 Apr 2018 at 3:37pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:43pm
Still Buzzing after the win
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The main job for Liverpool in the summer is to hold onto Salah and Firmino. Both excellent players who I’m sure will attract attention in Espana.
Once Real and Barca come calling it’s hard to say no.

They will have to strengthen the squad with 4/5 players to challenge for the league IMO.
Heard Firmino has agreed a new contract, yet to be confirmed though. Would like to think Salah would stay more than one season & other than that Can is the only one that they could lose apart from those they want to move on. The bench was very thin last night so there's definitely a few signings needed to mount a proper title challenge but its heading in the right direction at least. As was said earlier, the quality of signings has improved dramatically over the last few years
Some people just deserve a slap
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:09pm

Perfect time for this to make an appearance, bang on time as well Horsey LOL

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Still Buzzing after the win
Pool fans should be. This was some win, 5-1 over 2 legs against a fantastic City side. If City had gone through, I think the only team I'd be wary of putting money on them against would have been Real. City are a top class side, so to win by that score over 2 legs is something else. As for the semis, I'd love to see Liverpool play Bayern. I think it would be a brilliant tie. I know nearly all Liverpool fans will want Roma, but I'd love to see them get Bayern. Have they ever played Bayern in knock out European Cup football, I can't recall offhand.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 11 Apr 2018 at 4:12pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Perfect time for this to make an appearance, bang on time as well Horsey 

I'd much rather be watching Liverpool than United that is for sure.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:28pm

You're not gonna have any arguments with me or any other sane person on the planet about that in fairness, they are a joy to watch!

But as good as they have been and as exciting as they are to watch they are still 4 points behind Man U and 17 behind Man C, both with a game in hand as well.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:51pm

You're not gonna have any arguments with me or any other sane person on the planet about that in fairness, they are a joy to watch!

But as good as they have been and as exciting as they are to watch they are still 4 points behind Man U and 17 behind Man C, both with a game in hand as well.

My comment was tongue in cheek!

I don't see City repeating what they did this year, I think Liverpool have improved and are a lot more consistent since VVD came in so I'd expect them to provide a stronger challenge.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

And cup football especially requires an element of luck more often than not, as was my initial point.  
It could also have been 2-1 after leg 1 had some sort of proper VAR been in operation.

You used up your luck in September, when your keeper got Mane off. Indeed he did his best to get him off last night too. Only the ref saw through the act this time.

If VAR would allow the backpass to stand, it would also have ruled out the goal that did stand, for the push. So it would still have been 1-0. 

Edited by planning - 11 Apr 2018 at 4:59pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

You used up your luck in September, when your keeper got Mane off.

Indeed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11421143114411451146 1460>
  Share Topic