You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11251126112711281129 1460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Possibly not true but 53 million

Did you eve read the article? The release clause being quoted is for Gelson Martins.

My bad - Had assumed it referred to Salah without reading the article. 

Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Possibly not true but 53 million

Did you eve read the article? The release clause being quoted is for Gelson Martins.

My bad - Had assumed it referred to Salah without reading the article. 

You're not in the wrong Borussia, King of Kings is for assuming the release clause was for Salah instead of Martins.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:57pm
My Bad...I assumed the same!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:57pm
Mo Salah
28 goals

Most goals in a 42 game EPL season - 34
Shearer, Andy Cole

Most Goals in a 38 game EPL season - 31
Shearer / Ronaldo / Suarez

Most goals in a debut EPL season - 30
Kevin Phillips

Liverpool still have to play Bournemouth, Stoke City and Brighton at Anfield, and Crystal Palace and West Brom away from home.

He will probably beat all these records..... Some first season.

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:05pm
And still miss out on POTY
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:13pm
It depends when the players actually vote, you hear that many variations, I don't think its in February still as some people still say, but I think De Bruyne will get the PFA player of the year award and Salah will get the football writers award.

(Not that I'm saying there's a huge media bias towards Liverpool or anything Wink)

Seriously though, its hard to split the two. Both have been scintillating.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:03pm
Yeah, a month or so ago I couldn't see anyone but De Bruyne claiming the PFA award. Yet Salah just continues to rip the piss. There's very little between them over the course of the season and either player would be a worthy winner.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:05pm
For me Salah has been the better of the two. to score that many goals and assists in his first season is some achievement and not that i am knocking KDB but i do feel it is a little easier for him in that city team. Even i would look comfortable in that team
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:11pm
Bullsh*t.
De Bruyne has ran games himself, despite the talent around him. Think of Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford Spurs at the Etihad. He got man of the match in games against all of the top teams for the first half of the season.  
He could have a pass of the season competition on his own.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Mar 2018 at 3:12pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Bullsh*t.
De Bruyne has ran games himself, despite the talent around him. Think of Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford Spurs at the Etihad. He got man of the match in games against all of the top teams for the first half of the season.  
LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Bullsh*t.
LOLLOLLOL

A fine contribution to the debate as ever.

To clarify further. If De Bruyne was playing up front and scored 40 goals this season, the vast majority of which being tap ins created by the talent around him, then you could potentially justify Gavin's hypothetical bullsh*t point that anyone could do that in a team of such talent.
But De Bruyne was pulling the strings, running the games, creating and scoring beautiful goals a plenty and was the main man for City by a distance in their procession towards the title. 

I'm not saying Salah's goals have been tap-ins by the way, he's scored some great individual efforts vs Spurs, Everton and Watford which spring to mind. But to say anyone could do what De Bruyne has done in such a good team is nonsense IMO. Players playing the sort of passes that De Bruyne did in the 7-2 win over Stoke (to pick another game as an example) are like hens teeth.

As I said, hard to split them and could go to either.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Mar 2018 at 3:30pm
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:23pm
I'd give POTY to salah. he's a one man team. KDB has david silva beside him that does all the work for him
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

I'd give POTY to salah. he's a one man team. KDB has david silva beside him that does all the work for him

LOL

Do you watch City much? You ever noticed how much work De Bruyne gets through? He covers far more ground than Silva I would imagine.
And despite the genius that is Silva, De Bruyne has been better in an attacking sense overall between the two this season as well.

PS - Salah has Mane and Firmino beside him that do quite a bit of work for him I would have thought.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Mar 2018 at 3:26pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:28pm
If Salah was to get it it would be for his unbelievable scoring record this season.
Not for any of the above posted by Alihau and Gavin IMO

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:29pm
Oh someones having a meltdown LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Yep.

AKA engaging in football debate.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:39pm

Yep.

NO.

Someone gives an opinion which just happens to slightly infer that someone is better than Pep/City/KDB and you scream 'BULLsh*t'.

It's only opinion, relax and stop throwing your rattle out of your pram everything someone questions City.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:47pm

Yep.

You're not engaging in anything. You're throwing your toys out of the pram because people can see why Salah might be names POTY over your precious KDB. 

Stop saying the same "football debate" bullsh*t every time you get called out on something, it's f**king tedious at this stage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11251126112711281129 1460>
  Share Topic