Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10441045104610471048 1460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I disagree with the need for a 20-25 goal striker : More than enough goals in the team already.
A Centre back has to be the priority. 

They have 5 center backs already.

What we need is Klopp to realise the system he is playing is exposing the back 4 too much which in being exploited quite easily be opposing teams.

Who out of the five would get into any of the other top 6 teams

Sakho probably would get in to some.

Anything is better than John Stones!

Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 10:19am
You embarrassed about something because I'm certainly not.

I don't rate Stones at all.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 10:21am
He's been brilliant this season. Certainly better than any of those clowns that Klopp has at centre back.

Like Walker and Sterling though, because he's English and cost a lot he'll not get much credit for good performances
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 10:45am
The poor little lambs.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:01pm
Thought yesterday was terrible. Coutinho's goal apart it was a mess, the 2nd half felt like one of the longest I've ever sat through. Wouldn't be calling for Klopp's head but he does have a lot of questions t answer.

He's had a few windows to sort out the defensive issues and we still have an average (at best) Keeper, CB's that seem to be getting worse by the game and a Left Back who is mediocre at best. Understand he wanted VVD but surely he should've had a Plan B just in case it didn't work. Speaking of Plan B's, there doesn't seem to be any tactics-wise either. Teams have copped on and know to sit deep and defend in numbers & we'll struggle to break them down - we still haven't come up with a way conquering this. We're still seriously lacking a 20-25 goal striker too, all the top sides have one expect ourselves.

Without a doubt the most frustrating team to follow Unhappy

All teams hit bad runs/patches and this seems to be ours. Utd up next, will have to get a lot of things sorted before then or we'll be in bother
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:10pm
Liverpool - England's Mayo.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
Salah's finishing is absolutely brutal, a bit like Sterling.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:48pm
Klopp has now had a lot of transfer windows to get his team right and he staill has managed it, and is nowhere near close enough.

He could do with a whole new back four and a goalkeeper. i still dontthink hendo, Can or Gini are world beaters, average at best, and that is not what you need if you want to be challenging for top honours

up top needs to be sorted out as chances are being created but nobody can stick the ball in the net.

3 or 4 hundred million is needed to fix that squad. 

Liverpool to finish a way off forth this year in my opinion

Look at Maureen, went to utd last year who were atrocius when he took over, got in the players he wanted and they are flying now, as much as i cant stand him you have to give him credit for how quickly he has turned it around for utd.

our next game is utd at home, win and it could turn our season, lose and it is gonna be a long painful year
Its very frustrating being a Slob
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Thought yesterday was terrible. Coutinho's goal apart it was a mess, the 2nd half felt like one of the longest I've ever sat through. Wouldn't be calling for Klopp's head but he does have a lot of questions t answer.

He's had a few windows to sort out the defensive issues and we still have an average (at best) Keeper, CB's that seem to be getting worse by the game and a Left Back who is mediocre at best. Understand he wanted VVD but surely he should've had a Plan B just in case it didn't work. Speaking of Plan B's, there doesn't seem to be any tactics-wise either. Teams have copped on and know to sit deep and defend in numbers & we'll struggle to break them down - we still haven't come up with a way conquering this. We're still seriously lacking a 20-25 goal striker too, all the top sides have one expect ourselves.

Without a doubt the most frustrating team to follow Unhappy

All teams hit bad runs/patches and this seems to be ours. Utd up next, will have to get a lot of things sorted before then or we'll be in bother
I've absolutely no confidence in Liverpool getting anything out of that game against Man United atm. United have what Liverpool haven't - A solid defence and a clinical striker. Yes, you could call them flat-track bullies as they haven't met any of the big teams yet but they're still picking up the 3 points as expected whereas Liverpool have been dropping them by wasting chances and giving away silly goals. Angry

Could be a car crash of a game based on this season so far. OuchCry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
Liverpool will put it up against United in that game and win. They'll then go and beat Spurs away the following week followed by losing at home to Huddersfield
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Liverpool will put it up against United in that game and win. They'll then go and beat Spurs away the following week followed by losing at home to Huddersfield
This wouldn't surprise me at all LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:12pm

1 win in 7.

That is very optimistic.

However, Mourinho will look at this game and be happy enough to get a draw, maybe nick a win.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

This wouldn't surprise me at all LOL
That actually would sum Liverpool up, after all we've seen it happen plenty of times - pull out all the stops to beat the big teams and then f**k up against the teams they should be beating, and will probably pepper Huddersfield's goal with 40-odd shots, not score from any of them and give away a ridiculous goal. LOL

As for beating Utd though, I'll believe it when I see it. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:53pm
This Liverpool team is a big improvement on last season, when they were losing to teams that sat back they were playing rubbish, they are creating loads of chances so that will eventually turn into wins. 

Looking at City Chelsea game, the City keeper makes a huge difference to them. I wonder what a seaosn they would have had last year if he was there.

Liverpool remind me of City last season.

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 02 Oct 2017 at 3:53pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
Anybody know of any sites that track expected goal stats ?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

This Liverpool team is a big improvement on last season, when they were losing to teams that sat back they were playing rubbish, they are creating loads of chances so that will eventually turn into wins. 

Looking at City Chelsea game, the City keeper makes a huge difference to them. I wonder what a seaosn they would have had last year if he was there.

Liverpool remind me of City last season.

I take it that by this you mean blistering attack, sh*te defence?

I think their attack is a bit over-rated to be honest.
1 goal at home to Burnley, 1 away to Newcastle, 1 at home to Crystal Palace - hardly befitting of the occasional claims of the "league's most exciting attack"
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm
Liverpool are the United of last season

Edited by bhob - 02 Oct 2017 at 4:36pm
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
Liverpool is just the same old sh*te we have seen for the last 25-30 years, some good players mixed in with some woeful players, this is why they are never consistent and will never really challenge.

Its very frustrating being a Slob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10441045104610471048 1460>
  Share Topic