Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10221023102410251026 1460>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:21am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Sad state of the transfer market.

90.4 million is saying he's apparently better than Bale or Ronaldo.

Those transfers were a few years ago now. The market has gone even more crazy!
Ronnie even at 32 would go for £100M plus.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 10 Aug 2017 at 6:22am

Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 7:55am
There is no comparison at all. Sure 70m for you Suarez a couple of seasons ago. That would get you sigurdson and Jordan ibe now

Edited by Gavintheslob - 10 Aug 2017 at 7:55am
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Sad state of the transfer market.

90.4 million is saying he's apparently better than Bale or Ronaldo.

And Pogba
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:27am
No amount of money is any good to Liverpool at this stage so I fully expect him not to be sold before the end of this transfer window. 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

No amount of money is any good to Liverpool at this stage so I fully expect him not to be sold before the end of this transfer window. 

Predictions for the Pool this season ? Spoke to a Liverpool fan about this a few weeks ago and he genuinely said if we get the 2 lads we want to sign then we will win it . Hard to see that outcome . Can't se them in the top three being honest
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Predictions for the Pool this season ? Spoke to a Liverpool fan about this a few weeks ago and he genuinely said if we get the 2 lads we want to sign then we will win it . Hard to see that outcome . Can't se them in the top three being honest
I'll feel a lot more confident if we can get VVD in before the end of the window. I could see that being the only other player coming in. I don't see anybody of importance leaving. To me, that leaves the squad light on numbers so I would worry if there were any deliveries.
I can see a scenario where Liverpool win the league this season. I can also see a scenario where it's 5th. I think it's that sort of season.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:31am

Its not crazy talk, I can see Arsenal having a great chance.

You could make a strong for any of the big 6 really. It would be great if 3/4 of them were still in it at Easter.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:45pm
Is Kloop promoting some of the youth players as been part of the squad, as you'd have thought that getting a couple more Robertson standard players would have helped? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Is Kloop promoting some of the youth players as been part of the squad, as you'd have thought that getting a couple more Robertson standard players would have helped? 

Well, he has had a bit of clear out of some of the youngsters : Some of have been sold, some have been loaned out but I can't see how we can cover so many games without having the likes of Ejaria and Woodburn playing a fair number of games.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Those transfers were a few years ago now. The market has gone even more crazy!
Ronnie even at 32 would go for £100M plus.
And Ronnie would likely make it back during the life of his contract in shirt sales alone.

Anyhow, Richard Scudamore puts an interesting perspective on it when he says that the Neymar deal is just an outlier, i.e not reflective of the market as a whole.

And he cites the example of the transfer of (ahem) Zinedine Zidane for £46m to Real Madrid in 2001. At the time, that sum represented 14% of Premier League revenues.

The equivalent today would be around £450m!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40878680
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:54pm

I'll feel a lot more confident if we can get VVD in before the end of the window. I could see that being the only other player coming in. I don't see anybody of importance leaving. To me, that leaves the squad light on numbers so I would worry if there were any deliveries.
I can see a scenario where Liverpool win the league this season. I can also see a scenario where it's 5th. I think it's that sort of season.

I don't think they have a strong enough squad to mount a serious challenge . If Coutes goes then that will be a major blow . I think it will be similar standings to last year
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:15am

Would agree on Coutinho. No amount of money will replace him. Outstanding player.

Liverpools season hinges on keeping Coutinho and getting VVD or another top quality defender. Do that and they can challenge for the title. Winning it is a different matter, but if Coutinho stays this team will be scoring an awful lot of goals again this season.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 10:18am
Club Statement - Phil going nowhere. 

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
Great news. we couldn't afford to lose him.

Wonder will Southampton follow suit with statement on VVD

Its very frustrating being a Slob
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:23pm
Coutinho hands in transfer request
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:24pm

Image result for south park and hes gone
Why no wine??!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Not sure who he handed it to but by all accounts the club haven't received it ! 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Not sure who he handed it to but by all accounts the club haven't received it ! 

They are liars. I was there when he handed it in to Ian Ayre
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10221023102410251026 1460>
  Share Topic