Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14551456145714581459 1460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:09am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Some of the worst signings in history by Liverpool this season. They are set for a long spell in the doldrums with this squad. 

You also said that at the start of the season, yet they mounted a title challenge and are a good distance away from all the other teams.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:18am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Some of the worst signings in history by Liverpool this season. They are set for a long spell in the doldrums with this squad. 

You also said that at the start of the season, yet they mounted a title challenge and are a good distance away from all the other teams.

I think the reason they're a good distance away from other teams is because United and Chelsea are an absolute shambles. 

Liverpool did do way better than I thought they would though, klopp had them in outrageous form for a few months. They were finding ways to win games that they shouldn't have been winning but wheels have well and truly come off now. Salah and van dijk finished, midfield nowhere near good enough. Harvey elliot LOL and nunez one of the worst signings in history. He's left Liverpool in some shape and I'm all for it
Here we go again
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:16am

I think the reason they're a good distance away from other teams is because United and Chelsea are an absolute shambles. 

Liverpool did do way better than I thought they would though, klopp had them in outrageous form for a few months. They were finding ways to win games that they shouldn't have been winning but wheels have well and truly come off now. Salah and van dijk finished, midfield nowhere near good enough. Harvey elliot LOL and nunez one of the worst signings in history. He's left Liverpool in some shape and I'm all for it

And yet somehow they've only lost 6 games all season.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:26am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Nunez has scored some vital goals and provided some match winning assists, he does a lot of good work etc...but his conversion rate is a disgrace. Very frustrating.
He goals plus assists is also worth mentioning (goal involvements) as he isn't just in the teams for his goals.
Anybody know what is XG is for those shots? It may be the case that isn't him just being wasteful but possibly also his choices in terms of when to shoot or not.
Still a big asset to the team.

Nunez is a liability not a f**king asset.

He's total chaos la, love watching him, best striker in the werld, better than Haaland
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:36am
LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Still in the FA cup so!
Here we go again
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:39am

That’s down to Klopp!! Liverpool have over achieved with that squad, they’ll be a mess without him.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:39am

LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Still in the FA cup so!
No, they aren't.
But people judging footballers on a subset of a couple of recent games when the greater body of work tells you something different is just plain stupid. It's like people trying to make something suit what they want to happen.
If you genuinely think Liverpool are somehow now f**ked for years then I can't help you with that. 
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:58am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What is the story with salah being completely off either his shots. It's like Sunday league finishing the past 2 months. Blazing things into row Z every game. 

Time waits for no man. 

32 in 7 weeks and has played a lot of football over the past 7 seasons. Usually 50+ games.

He's still a very good player, but is someone who relies on his speed and mobility to keep defenders honest.

Liverpool's long term future depends on their ability to replace van Dijk and Salah. They haven't been able to replace Mané. Díaz is a good player, but hasn't really pushed on due to injury and his father's kidnapping. 13 goals this season is a decent return. 24 goals from 93 games overall isn't though.

Darwin is a donkey. There's no hiding from it. You can't win titles with him as your main ST.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:01am
Salah will most likely go to Saudi this summer i think. 
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Salah will most likely go to Saudi this summer i think. 

If they got a serious offer, they should probably cash in. 

You'd expect Edwards to use the money well to bring in 2 quality players.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:11am
Pretty poor end to Klopps tenure at Anfield, humiliated at home by a mid ranking Italian club, and their 2 biggest rivals effectively ending their chances in the FA Cup and the EPL. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Pretty poor end to Klopps tenure at Anfield, humiliated at home by a mid ranking Italian club, and their 2 biggest rivals effectively ending their chances in the FA Cup and the EPL. 

If you'd have said in early or mid March time, around the time when they seemed to just be winning every week no matter how they played, scoring deep into injury time winners at Forest and winning the Carabao Cup with a load of kids on, that their season would peter out in this way, Liverpool fans would be very disappointed. 
To not even make the Europa League final, which seemed pretty straight forward at the time and to celebrate with another sort of trophy was a major blow. 

The United FA Cup defeat seemed to be the catalyst for the demise
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:22am

It's been awful. They had a spell where they were winning game after game despite injuries, but it's all unravelled.

United beating them in The FA Cup did something to them mentally. They battered United in the league game at Old Trafford a few weeks later, but could only manage to draw the game. I think winning that game would have given them momentum.

Nobody could have predicted Atalanta beating them 3-0 at Anfield. They deserved it too. They could have scored more goals on the night. Then they put in a professional performance at home when others could have bottled after conceding an early penalty.

Klopp obviously did a very good job at Liverpool. But just one PL title and losing 3 out of 4 European finals will be things he regrets.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:23am
They conceded the first goal in an awful lot of games this season but were able to come back and win them up until a few weeks ago. I suppose you can't keep getting away with that
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:28am

Still a season of over-achievement relative to expectation.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:29am

They conceded the first goal in an awful lot of games this season but were able to come back and win them up until a few weeks ago. I suppose you can't keep getting away with that
And this is a valid point. Only so many times you can go to the well
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

It's been awful. They had a spell where they were winning game after game despite injuries, but it's all unravelled.

United beating them in The FA Cup did something to them mentally. They battered United in the league game at Old Trafford a few weeks later, but could only manage to draw the game. I think winning that game would have given them momentum.

Nobody could have predicted Atalanta beating them 3-0 at Anfield. They deserved it too. They could have scored more goals on the night. Then they put in a professional performance at home when others could have bottled after conceding an early penalty.

Klopp obviously did a very good job at Liverpool. But just one PL title and losing 3 out of 4 European finals will be things he regrets.

We all know the main reason why he didn't win more than one. Or should I say the 115 reasons

Edited by Borussia - 25 Apr 2024 at 10:35am
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:32am

Their newl look midfield has been more technical this season. They lack a natural DM since Fabinho left though. Endo isn't as physical. That's an area they need to address, as a lot of their midfielders are dribbled past multiple times per game.

Mac Allister has been quality. They need to sign someone to anchor that midfield. Arsenal and City have Rice and Rodri who are both 6ft+. Every top team needs a tall DM, in my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14551456145714581459 1460>
  Share Topic