FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 1460>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

If Liverpool can continue their good home form they'll win the league. They've a lot of the tough away games out of the way already. Have they won every home game so far this season?

I remember when Pep's plucky underdogs over turned the 7 point chasm to Arsenal last year. There is only 115 things that will stop City winning another title, Liverpool is not one of them.

As Spurs are on course for their fourth defeat in five here
The only game they didn’t lose was away at City

But city are going to walk the title still 

The hand wringing will make their cinderella story all the sweeter LOL
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

If Liverpool can continue their good home form they'll win the league. They've a lot of the tough away games out of the way already. Have they won every home game so far this season?

I remember when Pep's plucky underdogs over turned the 7 point chasm to Arsenal last year. There is only 115 things that will stop City winning another title, Liverpool is not one of them.

As Spurs are on course for their fourth defeat in five here
The only game they didn’t lose was away at City

But city are going to walk the title still 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 9:46pm

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 5:27pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 3:46pm
No, just behind Scales.

He came on last night for CCV
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 3:09pm
Is Phillips injured? Not seen him playing for Celtic for a while.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 11:58am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Matip out with an ACL injury.
Such a shame, especially for him given his contract is up at the end of the season.
Won't find too many better free signings. 
I do agree with HB that I don't see them signing anybody in Jan but longer term they do need to have an eye on replacing VVD so if the right candidate became available in Jan then they might do that.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 11:35am
Doubt it.
I think Gomez and Quansah will provide that cover.

Nat Phillips may also be sent back from Celtic from his loan spell early - to provide additional cover.

With Matip injured, they still have 4 centre backs.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 11:32am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Will have to dip into the transfer market now. Matip is cursed. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 11:08am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

https://x.com/lfcrazz/status/1717874509523370126?s=20

All people attending this game will have got an email that states the following:

In addition to Anfield’s long standing flag policy, and following consultation with safety and security experts, it has been determined that Israeli and Palestinian flags should not be permitted to be displayed at football matches for the foreseeable future and the same approach can be applied to other displays, banners, clothing or scarves identified as pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian or related to the current crisis.

I believe think all Premier League clubs are adopting this policy. People can have their own opinions on whether this is the right or wrong approach to take.

Not a dig at Liverpool here but the bit in bold is the hight of hypocrisy when you consider the response a year ago when the issues in Ukraine started christ we even had the "match for Ukraine" raising money to help the Ukrainian public. Yet again the keep politics out of football only stands when your politics differs from the big wigs at the top ( again not a dig at Liverpool only)

The thing is that the Ukraine situation isn't the same in that in Ukraine you have a sovereign state invaded and innocent people killed. In the current situation you have innocent people killed in Israel and Gaza. And that makes it a bit more complicated situation to consider in the context of sport (as Tottenham and St Pauli are finding out). 
Liverpool had a moment of silence last weekend to remember all innocent victims in Israel and Gaza which I think hit the right tone. 

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

All people attending this game will have got an email that states the following:

In addition to Anfield’s long standing flag policy, and following consultation with safety and security experts, it has been determined that Israeli and Palestinian flags should not be permitted to be displayed at football matches for the foreseeable future and the same approach can be applied to other displays, banners, clothing or scarves identified as pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian or related to the current crisis.

I believe think all Premier League clubs are adopting this policy. People can have their own opinions on whether this is the right or wrong approach to take.

Not a dig at Liverpool here but the bit in bold is the hight of hypocrisy when you consider the response a year ago when the issues in Ukraine started christ we even had the "match for Ukraine" raising money to help the Ukrainian public. Yet again the keep politics out of football only stands when your politics differs from the big wigs at the top ( again not a dig at Liverpool only)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:17pm

The fans seemed to agree with him being turfed out.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:16pm

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 7:00pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 2:44pm
One of the good things here is that the new firm taking over the work have been able to re-employ a lot of the old contractors working on the job so hopefully that means that not too many people lost out on work because of this. 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 2:24pm
Kick in the balls what, American Owners not impressed id say.

Liverpool have pushed back the full opening of the new Anfield Road stand until next year - meaning fans who have bought tickets for next weekend's Merseyside derby will miss out.

Complications arose after original contractors Buckingham Group entered administration a month ago but, after bringing Rayner Rowen Construction on board, a phased reopening was planned, with the home game against Everton identified as the stadium's first potential full-capacity 61,000.

However, not only is that match set to be played with the top tier of the stand closed but all home fixtures until the end of the year will also feature a reduced capacity.

"Not having the upper tier open for the remainder of the calendar year is clearly significant," said chief executive Billy Hogan.

"It's just not possible at this point to put a new timeline in place. And, frankly, we don't want to set the wrong expectation.

"What's become clear is there's just more work to be done in order to get a full project completion plan for the stand, which means the upper tier is not ready to partially or fully open until the end of the calendar year."

Hogan apologised to fans who had already bought tickets for the highly anticipated Merseyside derby when the teams return from the international break.

"The schedule we had been told was that ultimately the upper tier would be open in some capacity for the Everton game, which is ultimately why we went ahead with the ticket sales," he added.

"The reality is, we're just really now beginning to get a clear understanding of what the reality of the delays are.

"We are really disappointed to have to deliver this news and really sorry for all those supporters who are impacted.

"I realise this is of little solace. This a really complex and deeply frustrating situation."

It means the crucial period leading up to and immediately after Christmas when Manchester United, Arsenal, Newcastle and Chelsea visit will all be played in front of reduced-capacity crowds.

Other home matches affected are Premier League games against Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Fulham and two Europa League ties against Toulouse and LASK.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:58am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

I didn't think it was possible but they've managed to victimise themselves to a new level this week

You sir are a one man idiot! Get yourself a life!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 1460>
  Share Topic