You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13861387138813891390 1459>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You could maybe use Andy’s line next week when you make the same point for the 500th time on this forum, instead of the 2 year old Ken Early article 
Sleepy

Man City are a bit like Millwal, no one likes us but we don't care that's down to some scummy fans. While in Man City's case it's the scummy owners. 

The example used by Imufc of PSG is perfect. No one cares if they win the French league or win a CL. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You could maybe use Andy’s line next week when you make the same point for the 500th time on this forum, instead of the 2 year old Ken Early article 
Sleepy

Might do that actually and you'll probably still be crying next week about the pro United-Liverpool media bias towards poor old City and how don't get enough credit LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

There is nothing romantic about modern football and all the trappings that come with it, it's impossible when you have players being paid €200,000 a week and others being sold for €100,000,000.

The likes of Liverpool and Man United have long given up the right to point fingers nowadays and are just as bad as the likes of Chelsea and Man City are now. The simple fact is all of these sides are corporate sell outs and the so called "social media super fans" who wouldn't go to a game from one year to the next are just as bad fuelling it.  

Modern football at the elite level is a load of bollox anyway, the older I've gotten the more I appreciate the lower leagues and do you know what I actually can relate to Sunderland as a football club and the players a hell of a lot more than I could when they were in the Premier League.

Would agree with a lot that tbh. Don't get me wrong, United have still spent outrageous amounts of money to compete with the new City/Chelsea dynamic so I wouldn't get the same enjoyment that I had when I was younger watching United. That might be just getting older as well and having less interest. I never watch match of the day anymore but will usually tune into the United matches.  

I can understand neutrals finding the EPL league better when new teams get bought and it gives competition to established big teams like United/Liverpool/Arsenal but the way it's done where you literally can have any club being bought over and they win the league within 3 years doesn't have much merit imo. It's a fast-track way to success but If I was a long-life City fan like Baggio than I'd probably be viewing it the same way in fairness or making similar points. 

I've started going back to LOI matches last season before the covid hit so it's nice to have some local football to attend on a Friday night but the international games are the only ones that really look forward to tbh. 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:02am
Be interested to see will Kelleher start, big game fot Liverpool they need a win to lift morale and of course they need to start scoring goals, Allison will probably get the nod for this one, United at OT in the Cup hardly going to be a another 0-0, Penalties anyone? 😝
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Be interested to see will Kelleher start, big game fot Liverpool they need a win to lift morale and of course they need to start scoring goals, Allison will probably get the nod for this one, United at OT in the Cup hardly going to be a another 0-0, Penalties anyone? 😝

Surprised with the strong line up by Klopp-
The last 2 seasons he had the cups well below the league / champions league in terms of priorities.

Fabinho is now their most important player. I don’t understand why he doesn’t rest him for the cup games.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:32pm
Firmino having a much improved game
Should have had his third assist there 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:39pm
Thiago mustn't be able to jump! 
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Thiago mustn't be able to jump! 

He’s been poor, bar a five minute spell midway through this half when united sat back
He got caught in possession to Pogba to get united up the pitch for a rare attack and their free came shortly after 

First half he wasn’t in the game at all 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 24 Jan 2021 at 6:42pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
well that was a nice surprise a great game 
It would damage this forums' reputation
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:32pm

I really like Thiago but I wonder could he turn out to be a bit like Veron. A quality technical player who doesn’t fit the high tempo system of his new team. 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 7:42pm
I think Thiago's been good when he's on the ball from what I've seen. He's an excellent passer. 

Wouldn't mind if United had him tbh.  
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:06am
Lads he's been injured over half the season and has only played 8 games, most of them in a team on a really bad run of form. He's a top player.

Disappointing result yesterday but a better performance at least & managed a couple of goals for a change. Gave away very soft ones though & just confirmed again the dire need for a CB of some sort. Hard to blame young Williams too much considering he's not ready for that level at all and might never be but the mistakes he made were awful. The you've Allison getting beat on his side for the winner which was poor too. 

At least there were some positives to take and the attackers looked to be moving better. Most of the subs had no impact again. Maybe he should sell Minamino this week to fund the CB? Doesn't look like he favours him at all
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:25am
Your right he's not ready.

So why has Klopp not dealt with the situation? - he knew VVK and Gomez will be out for the majority of the season, and that Matip is very injury prone too.

It's the same mistakes over and over. Very predictable.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So why has Klopp not dealt with the situation? - he knew VVK and Gomez will be out for the majority of the season, and that Matip is very injury prone too.

Not his call really - He's likely been told there isn't montey there.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Not his call really - He's likely been told there isn't montey there.
That's it. He's basically said that there's nothing he can do about it. Owners aren't giving him the money so it's out of his hands
Some people just deserve a slap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:00am
They got approx 175m for winning the league.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:11am

They got approx 175m for winning the league.

And they have a hole of over £100 million in matchday revenue which is growing by the day. 
Players wages still need to be paid in the meantime. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:12pm
Klopp has lost the trust of the owners
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13861387138813891390 1459>
  Share Topic