Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13071308130913101311 1459>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:09pm
Going over with the quare wan no tickets though
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:25pm
Kinda sick I didn't book something. Totally regretting it now 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:21am
The Senoritas of Madrid can relax so. No threat of legovers under the influence of the devils buttermilk, upon hearing that unique hook up line, 

"...and Spurs are going to win the European Cup..."
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 5:30pm
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 5:32pm
klopps message to a terminally ill man.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 5:17pm
Sturridge and Moreno confirmed to be leaving this summer when their contracts expire. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Sturridge and Moreno confirmed to be leaving this summer when their contracts expire. 

Found it funny that Moreno was hogging the trophy and camera time after the CL win.

Sturridge was great on his day. Many vital goals, even this season against Chelsea PSG. I really liked him as a player and only for injuries he could have been even better. Glad he had the chance come back and have a CL success with us and not finish after the bad year he had the previous 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:43pm
2 big players to go from the squad. The Sturridge wages alone will allow Liverpool to get a quality forward in. The squad will push on and on now I reckon. I expect a massive couple of years coming up from them under Klopp.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

2 big players to go from the squad. The Sturridge wages alone will allow Liverpool to get a quality forward in. The squad will push on and on now I reckon. I expect a massive couple of years coming up from them under Klopp.
Nevre mind saving money on Sturridge's wages, they'll also save a fortune on his medical bills. LOL

Wonder will they have another go for Nabil Fekir from Lyon?  Seem them being linked with him again in the past few weeks and there doesn't seem to have been much wrong with him last season since Liverpool pulled out of the transfer for him last year. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:21pm
From what I've read Fekir has a year left on his deal, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Liverpool came and got him for far less this summer. I'd be very surprised if Liverpool don't get 1 quality forward in. Doesn't have to be a world beater. A young up and coming striker who can cover the few positions with the potential to kick on over a season or 2. With Origis form the past few months, I'm guessing there's 4 slots sorted but really they need 1 more minimum.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 3:08pm
Good to see the Liverpool squad celebrate the European Cup win, in the traditional way, through the streets. 

We all remember what that was like, with Ireland in 1990. Unfortunately even if we wanted to, H&S busybodies insist it must now be in the Phoenix Park, in case someone with too much of the devils buttermilk in their system, runs out into the street and spoils it for everyone else. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:50pm
Van Den Berg signed from PEC Zwolle
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 1:11pm
Sone amount of moaning coming from liverpool supporters about our lack of signings .

People pointing at FSG for not backing Klopp.

See comments like "even villa have spent 100m"
I think we coped perfectly well with the same team last season! Now we even have some long term injuries back to beef up the squad numbers and a a couple of young lads ready to step up. 

Of course there are players who may improve the squad but they would cost a lot of money and might not even be an improvement. 

I'm happy to go into the season without any major signing as we've kept the core team together.

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Jul 2019 at 1:12pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 1:16pm
Fully in agreement with you on this!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Sone amount of moaning coming from liverpool supporters about our lack of signings .

And from their manager in fairness, complaining that he can't spend money like City, Real, Barca, PSG etc

Could have sworn the Pool have spent more than anyone in England in the last four transfer windows, and have the second highest wage bill in the EPL, after United

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Jul 2019 at 2:32pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

And from their manager in fairness, complaining that he can't spend money like City, Real, Barca, PSG etc

Could have sworn the Pool have spent more than anyone in England in the last four transfer windows, and have the second highest wage bill in the EPL, after United

Is that from the report in the Sun from a few months ago?
Liverpool's wage bill was 3m more than city.

More than made up for being champions of Europe Big smile
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 3:11pm

In fairness he wasn't wrong. The money we spent was mostly made up of money received for Suarez & Coutinho. Look at the net spend figures for the past 5 years - City £568m, Liverpol £114m. Regardless, money has to be spent to keep up with City but it has been invested well in the last few years compared to the decade beforehand. The four clubs he mentioned, particularly City & PSG, seem to have bottomless pockets when it comes to spending
Some people just deserve a slap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 3:46pm

Is that from the report in the Sun from a few months ago?
Liverpool's wage bill was 3m more than city.

More than made up for being champions of Europe Big smile

From the Guardian reporting the official accounts from each club, this is 2 seasons ago, last season was similar:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13071308130913101311 1459>
  Share Topic