Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12001201120212031204 1459>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:28pm
Fantastic game of football and well deserved victory for Liverpool in the end. Red star also took points off napoli so a win all round. 

Salah was awful 

Milner fantastic again as was gini. Both have been phenomenal so far this season. Hen do also did well in the middle of the park. 

Lovren will do well to replace Gomez 
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Fantastic game of football and well deserved victory for Liverpool in the end. Red star also took points off napoli so a win all round. 

Salah was awful 

Milner fantastic again as was gini. Both have been phenomenal so far this season. Hen do also did well in the middle of the park. 

Lovren will do well to replace Gomez 
Lovren would struggle to get a game ahead of Gomez Addams! LOL

Salah was indeed poor again - apart from that loose pass that dropped Liverpool in it for PSG equaliser, he's been in poor enough form anyway and his decision-making has also been poor.  Might be time for Klopp to show a bit of tough love and drop him for a few games. 

...he'll probably score a worldie at the weekend now that I've said that. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 18 Sep 2018 at 10:46pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:50pm
A rest for him would be nice but with all the these crucial games coming up I don't see him being dropped for many. Maybe the weekend against Southampton.

Shaq did more in his 5 minute cameo. 

Felt like psg were playing with a man down as neymar did no tracking back at all. Taa had oceans of space all game 
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:31am
A great game to watch and great to get a well deserved win. Thought the midfield 3 were top class. Henderson gets a lot of stick from those that don't see him every week but he's a huge player for us. Like the weekend, we probably got punished for not taking our chances and killing the game. with the front 3 they have they're always going to get a few chances. Showed great character to get the winner, Firmino's a bit of class.

On the negative side, we turned over some amount of ball which was disappointing and they got the equaliser from one. Gomez, as well as he played defensively, was guilty a good bit as was TAA & Salah. On Salah, like was said above, he looks a bit out of sorts & seemed to run out of steam before he was taken off. 

All in all a good night but its only 3 points, Napoli away next will be another tough one
Some people just deserve a slap
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

What's happened to the King of Egypt? More Tooting Common than Tutenkhamun
Kevin, Fulham

It's been a while since Mohammed Al Fayed was last seen in Tooting Common.

Originally posted by Declanus Declanus wrote:

A few observations from tonight’s game.  George and Ray commentary was so biased they wouldn’t be out of place on match of the day,

Well done Liverpool 

Belfast's most famous Arsenal fan, dropped a few interesting povs alright. 

Salah changed his shirt prior a corner to most people. George thought it was something "sartorial". 
Sturridge had shinpad issues at one point. But to George, he was making "adjustments to his hosier".

No wonder he doesn't work at the BBC anymore. He would be out of place on MOTD. 
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Liverpool fans very quiet tonight 
Have barely heard them 

Was just about to post the same thing. Outsung for 90 mins

yeah the psg fans kept singing, I turned the sounds down, looked a bit gay at one stage , all the lads topless with the scarfs, wouldn't say that  to their faces thoughOuch
Come on Irelind
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:07pm
One thing is for sure that is Liverpool continue to miss chances and let teams back in, it will eventually cost them
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:09pm
Wasn't overly impressed with Gomez last night. He's young and will learn alongside VVD, but didn't think he lived up to the current hype.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:14pm

Wasn't overly impressed with Gomez last night. He's young and will learn alongside VVD, but didn't think he lived up to the current hype.
He wouldn't have come against the likes of Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe and Di Maria in the one game before. As you say, he will learn.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:26pm
I don't get the obsession modern football fans have with attendances and how it's seen as a big deal if away fans out sang the home crowd which happens in the majority of games that involve clubs with decent support.

I wouldn't have too many doubts about Salah either, it's probably a blessing for Liverpool that they're winning week in week out without depending on him and others are stepping up.

Give Salah 3/4 weeks and he'll be fully back upto speed and scoring regularly. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I don't get the obsession modern football fans have with attendances and how it's seen as a big deal if away fans out sang the home crowd which happens in the majority of games that involve clubs with decent support.

I wouldn't have too many doubts about Salah either, it's probably a blessing for Liverpool that they're winning week in week out without depending on him and others are stepping up.

Give Salah 3/4 weeks and he'll be fully back upto speed and scoring regularly. 

Spot on with all of this.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

He wouldn't have come against the likes of Neymar, Cavani, Mbappe and Di Maria in the one game before. As you say, he will learn.

Very true. First year playing CB too, he could be very good in time. If I was to pick anything from last night it was that his passing was poor at times. 

Playing with VVD can only be good for his development
Some people just deserve a slap
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:30pm
City losing out on VVD to Liverpool could end up being v costly
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Very true. First year playing CB too, he could be very good in time. If I was to pick anything from last night it was that his passing was poor at times. 

Yep, that's what I was referring too mainly. Few sloppy passes put his side under pressure.

PS - on the atmosphere point by GD - its not an obsession, just an observation on last night's game.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:45pm

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Yep, that's what I was referring too mainly. Few sloppy passes put his side under pressure.

PS - on the atmosphere point by GD - its not an obsession, just an observation on last night's game.

It wasn't aimed at you because you made the point, I'm just saying in general.

You only have to see the trend on here about posters banging on about attendances when they've no relevance to what happens on the pitch that's all Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 3:50pm
Liverpool absolutely coasting.

Salah missed about 3/4 decent chances too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:50pm
How you feeling about klopp now horseboz. You were very critical of him in the past.

Surely he has won you over by now. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:54pm
I stand by my criticism.

No doubt he's doing a lot of things right and a great style of play too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12001201120212031204 1459>
  Share Topic