You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If your plan is to try the diet you are on now and then have a step down diet which is more balanced and keeps the weight off that would be a good idea I think.  That way you get the benefits of quick weight loss but also have a sustainable way of living for the future when you come off the extreme diet.  

yeah good call , thats the kind of thing i will need to do , if i keep eating the way i was before then i'll shoot back up again.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If your plan is to try the diet you are on now and then have a step down diet which is more balanced and keeps the weight off that would be a good idea I think.  That way you get the benefits of quick weight loss but also have a sustainable way of living for the future when you come off the extreme diet.  

yeah good call , thats the kind of thing i will need to do , if i keep eating the way i was before then i'll shoot back up again.

By the way it may sound good in print but when you meet me again you may have a good old laugh ha ha !!!!!  
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:20am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If you're prone to putting on weight easily then I'd control your carb intake to just before training and a small amount after training to refuel your muscles after the workout. Once your weight loss balances off I'd change your workouts as you will need to "shock" the body again so you dont plateau. Fair play on the weight loss so far Clap

can you explain this bit? cheers!

Usually with diets you'll lose a certain amount of weight up to a point where you wont lose anymore. This is where people usually give up the "diet" because they think its no longer working but when they start eating normally again they pile on the weight again, if not more. It's not that the "diet" stopped working, it's that the body adapted to it and needs extra stimulus to keep the weight off or to lose more. This can only generally be done by working out and changing your workouts every 6/8/12 weeks (depending on the workout programme) to keep your metabolism high.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:21am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Some lad in my gym is only having 1 meal a day and then just lives off juicing veg for the rest of the day. I dont know how he's managing with, the sessions we do are very tough, I'd pass out if I had that little food.

As my ma would say, 'I wouldn't like to be cleaning out his cage'

LOL I wouldnt mind, he's one of the harder working people in the classes we have, I'm just waiting for the day he drops.

Sounds like good sessions you're having, proper strength & conditioning Clap
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:27am

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Some lad in my gym is only having 1 meal a day and then just lives off juicing veg for the rest of the day. I dont know how he's managing with, the sessions we do are very tough, I'd pass out if I had that little food.

As my ma would say, 'I wouldn't like to be cleaning out his cage'

LOL I wouldnt mind, he's one of the harder working people in the classes we have, I'm just waiting for the day he drops.

Sounds like good sessions you're having, proper strength & conditioning Clap

Aye, been doing gym work for a good while but that Mens Health V8 plan has given me a good focus. With the Gaelic club the training is class. We're up to senior football this year so a lot more emphasis on S&C. Won't be easy but well up for it.
@AntrimMan85
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:28am

If you're prone to putting on weight easily then I'd control your carb intake to just before training and a small amount after training to refuel your muscles after the workout. Once your weight loss balances off I'd change your workouts as you will need to "shock" the body again so you dont plateau. Fair play on the weight loss so far Clap

Usually with diets you'll lose a certain amount of weight up to a point where you wont lose anymore. This is where people usually give up the "diet" because they think its no longer working but when they start eating normally again they pile on the weight again, if not more. It's not that the "diet" stopped working, it's that the body adapted to it and needs extra stimulus to keep the weight off or to lose more. This can only generally be done by working out and changing your workouts every 6/8/12 weeks (depending on the workout programme) to keep your metabolism high.

huntacha i have zero interest in gyms etc, i just want to run or play ball , is this enough if i do it often enough ?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:45am

huntacha i have zero interest in gyms etc, i just want to run or play ball , is this enough if i do it often enough ?

Sorry I just noticed in your post that you might have to knock the running on the head with your knee problem so was just thinking of alternatives. It might be enough once your eating plan is good enough, the eating plan is always the hardest part.

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:50am
I want to lose 4 more kg's and I actually think it is impossible at this stage. I just cant do it!!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:53am

Sorry I just noticed in your post that you might have to knock the running on the head with your knee problem so was just thinking of alternatives. It might be enough once your eating plan is good enough, the eating plan is always the hardest part.

the eating is the killer for me , i always excercised but perhaps not as much as i could have  , if the docs make me give up the running then i will find something else alright.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

I want to lose 4 more kg's and I actually think it is impossible at this stage. I just cant do it!!

Is it actually physically possible for you to lose the 4kgs? As in would your body be able to lose that amount and still be healthy?

Sometimes people get hung up on amounts they want to lose or target weights they want to reach when they can lose a lot and look great even if they havent lost their target amount. You could gain muscle, reduce body fat and look fantastic even though you might not have lost all you wanted.

Edited by The Huntacha - 23 Jan 2014 at 10:56am
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:03am
Well im 4 kg's heavier than ive ever been before and I was the same weight all my life more or less. I think it is to do with the fact that im hitting 30 in 2 weeks so maybe I just have to accept that im 4 kg heavier now. I am doing loads of fitness classes at the moment and ive definitely toned up. Im going to Vegas in April so im planning to be at least a dress size down by then!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:09am

the eating is the killer for me , i always excercised but perhaps not as much as i could have  , if the docs make me give up the running then i will find something else alright.

have you looked into competitve eating?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:09am
[/QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

I know what you're saying about gyms, they can be boring as f*ck if it's a regular commercial gym you're going to but if you have to give up running then I'd look into doing group classes at a strength & conditioning gym, far better than just going to the gym on your own and it's glorified personal training as you'll get a load of coaching from the trainers. You'd be very surprised how much you could enjoy it. Good luck with the physio Thumbs Up
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:10am
http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Interesting stuff here. Yer man says many bikini models don't have periods they are so unhealthy
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Well im 4 kg's heavier than ive ever been before and I was the same weight all my life more or less. I think it is to do with the fact that im hitting 30 in 2 weeks so maybe I just have to accept that im 4 kg heavier now. I am doing loads of fitness classes at the moment and ive definitely toned up. Im going to Vegas in April so im planning to be at least a dress size down by then!

Where you 4kg's heavier before you started the classes? Have your body fat % levels (dont confuse this with your BMI, that's a load of nonsense) dropped since you started training? I'd monitor them instead of what you actually weigh, as you might have gained muscle and lost fat but not had that much of a reduction in your actual weight. I'm not saying you've put on 4kg's of muscle btw but just giving you an idea of how body fat vs muscle mass works.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

have you looked into competitve eating?
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:20am
yis are all fat fookers Thumbs Up
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Interesting stuff here. Yer man says many bikini models don't have periods they are so unhealthy

That's mental when you think about it, it's one of the most natural things for a woman to have so it just shows the damage they do to themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 133>
  Share Topic