You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 134>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 6:04pm
back to within two ponds of my pre christmas weight. Delighted with that. Should be be back to it by the end of the month. Then half a stone more til I reach my target weight.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Started a new diet and regime on 2nd of Jan when i weighed 16st 1lbs, weigh in this morning and i am 14st 13lbs Smile

holy f**k what were you at for those 9 days ,that's a huge amount to lose .

My missus did this diet last year and it worked so i said i would give it a go.

Might be aload of sh*te, or dangerous, but i feel fine and its working

Edited by Scamper - 11 Jan 2014 at 6:19pm
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 6:32pm
I thought my 2.2kg in a week was good.

Bought cross training for dummy's and have to say its brilliant huge amount of quality info.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 6:38pm
The important thing is to weigh yourself at the same time of day.... don't weigh yourself just after a big feed the first time, then wait until you've done an hour of weights and taken a massive sh*te a week later, otherwise you'll be really disappointed the following week when your weight has gone "up". First thing in the morning, each time.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The important thing is to weigh yourself at the same time of day.... don't weigh yourself just after a big feed the first time, then wait until you've done an hour of weights and taken a massive sh*te a week later, otherwise you'll be really disappointed the following week when your weight has gone "up". First thing in the morning, each time.

Thats exactly what im doing, weigh first thing every morning

Edited by Scamper - 11 Jan 2014 at 6:48pm
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

I thought my 2.2kg in a week was good.

Bought cross training for dummy's and have to say its brilliant huge amount of quality info.

2.2 kilos is brilliant, it's probably too much in that time !!! Losing more than 1.5 pounds a week isn't recommended as it is very hard to keep off such weight. Losing a small bit per week with subtle changes gives you a better chance of staying that way.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 7:07pm
No i was very surprised myself. I am eating but the right stuff. Not a cake or a latte has passed my lips. Eating bananas everytime i need something sweet. really notice a huge difference in my metabolism. It was going at a snails pace before. The training is making a huge difference to how i feel too. Seeing a huge difference in my abs but after a baby that was the trouble zone.
Cross training idea rules something new all the time good for keeping things interesting.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 1:26am

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Started a new diet and regime on 2nd of Jan when i weighed 16st 1lbs, weigh in this morning and i am 14st 13lbs Smile

holy f**k what were you at for those 9 days ,that's a huge amount to lose .

My missus did this diet last year and it worked so i said i would give it a go.

Might be aload of sh*te, or dangerous, but i feel fine and its working

dunno about that stuff,is that not just a scam.Seems to be be based on diet  consuming very little calories.
Others here will know better but I presume you would get the same results if you just followed the diet and didnt take the drops.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 11:33am
www.activeyou.ie is the site for the new gym beside Quinn's in Drumcondra.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 11:49am
Can anyone give me info about protein and how it can effect your training.

I have always associated weights and protein with body building but everywhere i am reading they talkabout protein after training.

Anyone know if this is good for women. I am eating protein. Egg and tuna scrambled eggs for breakfast, lean meat and handful of pasta or rice for lunch veggies. Big salad in the evening after training with lean meat. Bananas nuts and fruit as snacks.

I feel i just don't know enough to start drinking protein shakes.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 11:53am
You'll get your protein from your food.

Your body can only take in a certain about of protein and rest your body will flush out.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 11:56am
It sounds like you're probably getting enough. The shakes and all that are great for recovery if youre actively trying to build muscle, heavy weights and all.

The body can't really store protein so it probably wouldn't be that beneficial for weight loss.
@AntrimMan85
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 11:59am
It helps aid muscle recovery and growth (by growth I dont mean packing on loads of muscle, near impossible for your average trained female to put on loads of muscle from weight training) after training. I do some form of exercise 6 days a week and would struggle to do so if it wasnt for taking protein after training.

Unless you have a kidney problem, I wouldnt be concerned about having too much protein in your diet as your body can only absorb a certain amount and you will urinate the rest away. For maintenance (not looking to increase muscle mass) they usually recommend about 0.7g of protein per lb of body weight per day.

You're probably eating enough protein so I'd just concentrate of eating some with a small amount of carbs straight after you train.

Edited by The Huntacha - 17 Jan 2014 at 12:00pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:06pm
Had a lovely half price snack box last night in the local Chipper :)  Nice to break out every so often.
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Had a lovely half price snack box last night in the local Chipper :)  Nice to break out every so often.

Where did you break out from? Should the authorities be informed?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:12pm

Snack box in Raheny chipper is the nicest around

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:12pm

I've essentially been on a paeleo diet for the past 17 days (somewhat unwittingly though, only became aware of the term this week) and tomorrow I'm taking a cheat day. Not even that bothered as I like plain food and heaps of veg.
@AntrimMan85
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Snack box in Raheny chipper is the nicest around

Yeah went to the one in Portmarnock here. Monday to Thursday they have different things half Price.  Mon and Tues is Pizza and Wed is Fish and THursday is Chicken.  3.30 for a snack box is not bad and get the chips seperate out of the box so you get  more Thumbs Up Maybe this is the wrong thread for this Tongue
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 134>
  Share Topic