You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 133>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:49am
A great way to lose weight is to work from home for the Olympics.

I haven't had a decent packet of crisps in days Cry

Peter J. Russellroff View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:29am
Women thinking they'll turn into a body builder if they do weights is a completely ignorant opinion. Weights tone up fat faster than walking around the local park. FACT.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:37pm
Big smileLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

LOLLOL
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Women thinking they'll turn into a body builder if they do weights is a completely ignorant opinion. Weights tone up fat faster than walking around the local park. FACT.

Surely cardio is better for weight loss than weights, no ??
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:53pm
Weights will do it quicker but to be honest you would need to be doing both weights & cardio. Just cardio isn't that great really. Weights are good for toning up & looking defined. It's understandable why women avoid weights but they have to be done.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:58pm

Weights will do it quicker but to be honest you would need to be doing both weights & cardio. Just cardio isn't that great really. Weights are good for toning up & looking defined. It's understandable why women avoid weights but they have to be done.

My friend had me doing both today. Kettlebells and I could only manage 20 times over my head with a 8kg weight but I did it 3 times so I suppose its not all bad for my first time training in 2 years. Its hard work this cardio and weight business but I feel great since I started yesterday. Gonna go on a walk up to the hell fire club tomorrow so I will probably be found dead on the side of the mountain come tomorrow evening.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:01pm

you cannot tone up fat and you cannot turn fat into muscle

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:03pm
Good to see Irish women working out. Keep it up. First few times doing kettle bells will hurt but you'll notice your body change after 4 or 5 sessions.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

you cannot tone up fat and you cannot turn fat into muscle

You know what I mean.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:05pm
well a lot of people actually believe you can turn fat into muscle

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:15pm

I lost 2 kilos in 3 days last week. I limited my calorie intake to 1000 per day, walked 16k at a decent pace over Monday and Tuesday and played flag football on Monday and Wednesday.  Then i sprained my ankle Cry

The 1000 calories a day is easy when you eat the right stuff. Lots of Fibre and filling foods. Those Knorr Snack Soups are quality, they're only about 100-130 calories and fill you up nicely.

Dont mind all those health people, starving yourself and exercise is the best way. I lost 6 kilos in a week last year and then for the other 51 weeks I got to eat and drink like a king until i got back up to 70 kilos this year and decided to lose it again. It was only injury that prevented me doing 6 kilos in a week again.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 01 Aug 2012 at 2:18pm
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:35pm
SGB... Are you looking to lose weight to impress more lads on away trips. Sausy & AntrimGuy won't be happy with that :-)
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:46pm

SGB... Are you looking to lose weight to impress more lads on away trips. Sausy & AntrimGuy won't be happy with that :-)

I have my own weight to worry about after 2 weeks drinking in Poland!
@AntrimMan85
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:53pm
Are you going to try and shed a few more pounds to impress SGB? You might have a bit of completion from Sausy though
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 2:59pm

Are you going to try and shed a few more pounds to impress SGB? You might have a bit of completion from Sausy though

Absolutely Peter. I've wrapped myself in cling film, turned up the heating and started furiously masterbating. I'll be skinny in no time Thumbs Up
@AntrimMan85
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:05pm

There's the petey we know and love

I wish this was the reason. Unfortunately I've to have pretty big surgery In September and have been advised to be as fit as possible so I can recover quicker

Antrim man you should try lose weight to impress sausy :-p
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:06pm
Not that you need to or anything AM
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:12pm
What's flag football LD?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 133>
  Share Topic