You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

The med diet is the best way to go for me personally. Lots of oils, good fats, fish most days, few carbs but not many. I find I've very little slumps in energy these days..pep in the step from the get go. Everyone metabolises food differently but it works for me. Would recommend ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I was looking in to different diets for best overall health and the med one is as close to the perfect diet as most researchers found alright 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I wouldn't go to the trouble of weighing stuff.  I'd look at the packet or on the app.  On the app it says 30g serving of branflakes is 130 calories.  Biscuit might be 75 cal.  Pint Carlsberg 230cal etc..

I run 40-50mins regularly (just back from one actually) so that says on the app I've burned 500-600 cals

TBH I'm not going to cut back any more.  For me my diet is reasonable and I eat in moderation I would say.  Life would be miserable eating nothing but 2-3 square meals and zero snacking.

I'm not trying to get a 6 pack.  Just lose a bit of the gut. 

Yeah if you're not weighing it out you may as well not bother tracking at all. As others have said, 30g of cereal is a couple of spoonfulls - I'd say you'[re currently eating well over the 2,000 cals you think you are.

Absolutely no need to track as Mark said - just cut out the odd bit and weigh yourself in a few weeks and I guarantee you'll be down on weight 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 7:11pm
How many calories for a shot of baileys into a nespresso coffee every morn and two glasses of wine in the eve?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

The med diet is the best way to go for me personally. Lots of oils, good fats, fish most days, few carbs but not many. I find I've very little slumps in energy these days..pep in the step from the get go. Everyone metabolises food differently but it works for me. Would recommend ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I was looking in to different diets for best overall health and the med one is as close to the perfect diet as most researchers found alright 

Ah yeah, get it into ya Gaz. Great stuff. I spend about 15 quid a week on olives. Think I need to grow a tree  LOL
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 7:41pm

Ah yeah, get it into ya Gaz. Great stuff. I spend about 15 quid a week on olives. Think I need to grow a tree  LOL

We should have left you In Athens with your people BB
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 7:45pm
LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:03pm
You should follow Eddie Abbew on IG.

He's very straight to the point about foods. Absolute zero banter through.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

How many calories for a shot of baileys into a nespresso coffee every morn and two glasses of wine in the eve?

How can you only have 2 glasses of wine!

I'd chomping at the bit for more!

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

How can you only have 2 glasses of wine!

I'd chomping at the bit for more!

This is of a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and yeah, greatest of willpower required. Currently sipping on a Bordeaux superior 2019
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:52pm

Iโ€™d say the meals he cooks are absolutely horrible. They donโ€™t look appetising at all and he goes on 3/4/5 day fasts which can be dangerous for a lot of people. Like anyone, take the bits of advice you agree with from him and ignore the rest
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 10:04pm

Whatโ€™s a normal days eating for you at the moment Babbs?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 11:10pm
Gaz, Ive been forced to be disciplined with my eating cos colitis is a f**king nightmare . Usual day I'd have a black coffee around 9, 2 boiled eggs and some fruit (usually a sliced orange) around 12, religiously. Mackerel/salmon or tuna with peppers, courgette, olives, tomatoes or other roasted in olive oil (so handy to make) and maybe some walnuts or yesterday's left overs around 2pm . Banana and a coffee around 3. Anything goes for dinner (meats/fish, potato dinners, salads, rice dishes) around 6 bells. Odd bowl of porridge around 8pm 2 or 3 times a week. Rinse and repeat. 

f**k all drinking. No beer, it ruins me (I'd have a gin and tonic or a small nip of whiskey these days if gargling). Wouldn't bother with pastas or breads at all I'd just grab an oul sourdough loaf at the weekend and enjoy it. I find not eating from 6 in the evening till 12 the next day a few times a week is top drawer for the body. Couldnt recommend it enough, as I've said here many times.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 06 Feb 2024 at 11:16pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 11:35pm

Who's this lad Horsey ?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 4:44am
Anyone worried about or disinterested in having to weigh out food, you'll more than likely do that for a couple of weeks. After that you'll know roughly what the grams of your food are. It can an unenjoyable way to eat but it's probably only for those who are looking to make huge losses in weight and not the most motivating way for anyone looking to shift a kg for example.

Consistency with training and eating can't be overstated though. Eating well and training for 2 months and then doing nothing for 4 months is a waste of time.

@TJ, there are 14g of sugar in a Twix if you're eating the whole bar and about 200kcals in a 60g (more realistic) bowl of Bran flakes. 30g is a miserable amount as E2016 said earlier.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 6:49am
And you wonder why this industry is worth $$$$ billions .

3 meals a day no snacks or cut your food intake by 30% , your choice . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:21am

Who's this lad Horsey ?

He's some English body builder. Goes around super  markets picking up 'healthy' food and just saying it's f**king sh*t and don't eat it.

He would then eat 12 eats for breakfast with paprica and then fast for 2 days. 

He's probably dead right in a lot of what he says - but it's quite extreme.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:40am
My usual day would be:

Breakfast - porridge with a squirt of honey, and a coffee

Lunch - Chicken, coleslaw, pasta salad, pepper, egg in a salad

Dinner - turkey burger or chicken with rice or something like that

Snacks - A latte in the afternoon most days. 
Evening snacks are my downfall, I could be good up to 8pm then once i sit down to watch a match or TV and have a cup of tea I'd have 4 or 5 biscuits with it

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 10:01am
Currently on my second sausage bap of the day Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133>
  Share Topic