You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 134>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 9:08pm
In the UK you have to list what calories are in all food products. Quiet useful when trying to keep an eye on them. Tesco do a line of lower calorie meals (around 350 calories) that are actually quite nice. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I’d be into my exercise but never really bother thinking too much re my diet.

Think a lot of them are unsustainable fads.

At the same time, I plan to make a bit more effort over the next few weeks, and try and cut down the chocolate, crisps, fizzy drinks and alcohol. Not give them up, just cut down a little.

Interested in the ultra processed food comments. Would those ready made meals in Dublin meat company be any healthier than say a lasagna in Tesco? Always got the impression that they were healthy enough - and would have 2 a week -as i always see regulars in gym stocking them up. But might be another diet fad!!

Nope it's not a diet as such or a fad. I've just done a good bit of reading about what I eat in the last few months because of my stomach problems. There are loads of products that would appear super healthy  but is still garbage. It's the power of marketing. 

I wouldn't know about the ready meals you're talking about though Wheelo

The book I linked above worth a read or listen on audible. Been a game changer for me anyways and going to get my bloods done later this year and compare to last year to see how I am doing generally
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 2:48pm
Down 2.3kg from new years eve. Very happy with that Clap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 10:35pm
2.9kg. Slowed down a good bit but progress at least. Would like to lose another 3kg I think. Slow and steady!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 11:10pm
I'm running like Forest Gump and getting heavier. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 10:12am
6 weeks off the gargle. Weighed myself this morning...way the same as I did on New Years Day!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 10:16am
I went off the gargle for 4 months back in 2022 and actually put on weight LOL

There was defo a 'ah well I'm not drinking so I can afford to eat this chocolate bar' conversation in my head throughout it. My diet got worse LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 11:28am
Had to quit sugars for health reasons. Lean as a march hare as a result Cool
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 11:46am
anyone know a good app where you can track your progress in gym? Looking for something where you can log workouts/weights/reps etc to see how you’re progressing etc. Have this set up with an online pt this week but thinking of doing it on my own to save the few quid. Can’t seem to find anything
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 11:49am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

anyone know a good app where you can track your progress in gym? Looking for something where you can log workouts/weights/reps etc to see how you’re progressing etc. Have this set up with an online pt this week but thinking of doing it on my own to save the few quid. Can’t seem to find anything

I just use Google Sheets for it. Map out my workouts for the week on it - then track weights lifted/reps per exercise so I can go back to that day the following week and try to at least match that or beat it. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 12:30pm
Done my ankle about 3 weeks ago so can't run. 

Hitting gym hard though. Haven't weighed myself but Xmas belly nearly gone  amd looking a good bit leaner 
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 1:45pm

Stronglifts is a great aul app 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 2:02pm

Do you have a smart/sports watch? My Garmin has options to record everything from rowing machine sessions to general weights tracking heart rate, calories etc. Obviously a bit of setting up before doing anything in the gym for the first time but keeps everything in the one place.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Had to quit sugars for health reasons. Lean as a march hare as a result Cool

Think this might be the way to go 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:29pm

Trainerize is a great. They have white labelled a version of their app for my gym that use. Not only does it allow you log all your metrics and exercises, there are turorial videos for all the exercises as well 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:35pm
Sugar is the killer. I've given it up and have done next to no exercise since Jan but I have lost very close to 3kg. I hope to get more exercise in over the next few weeks. Am happy where things are at so far and my target is for before May time when the weather improves. So I think I can manage another 3kg before then. I think that would be a stone or so then since Jan
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:44pm
losing calories or sugar lads?  Which is it?

I started using this app called MyFitnessPal to keep track of calories.   

5 out of 7 days would beat my goal of 2000 cals a day.   No better off for it. Pints ont he weekend would put me over.

Last year went off sugar as much as possible.  Lost weight on it off my face but when weighed myself still 14st.

I probably have lost a lot of muscle mass too as used to weight train 3-4 days a week and hurt my shoulder 2 yrs ago and wasn't allowed weight train since.

So all in all the moral of the story is ''why the fock do I bother?''LOL

Edited by Trap junior - 06 Feb 2024 at 3:45pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:52pm
It can be awful demoralising when you think you're doing everything right and nothing seems to work.

For me now it's worked twice. Pre and post Christmas, with no exercise really. Off sugar and ultra processed food where possible. Not totally mind. There's a book I mentioned before called ultra processed people and it's very, very good. Audiobook for me as I spend a lot of time in the car. 

I double up with intermittent fasting too which is easy for me as I don't have breakfast anyways. So I will go 16-20 hours without eating.

Lunch everyday for me is porridge, loaded with flax seed, raisins, cinnamon and left overnight. Really filling and nice. Then dinner in the evening when I go home and that's me done. 

Main thing for me is I'm not ravenous as I will get narky. No point doing something unsustainable/ Lesson for me is to cop the f**k on over Christmas!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 134>
  Share Topic