You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 134>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 9:39pm
Couldn't be sure the last time I weighed myself (might have done it in the summer). All this talk is making me curious though. There's a free gym in the apartment block might have to see if there is a scales in there 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 7:46pm
Eat less, move more.

That's my advice.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Sheedy11 Sheedy11 wrote:

Eat less, move more.

That's my advice.

Watch out, Joe Wicks!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:12pm
He's not far wrong though.

I would always try and make achievable goals for the day\week\month - simple things like walking 7k over the course of a day.
Keep that consistency so that your average is 7k at the end of the week and month and year.

When you have a goal - your more likely going to go for it.

Before I started tracking my walking - I would be walking on average 3 to 4km a day and now it's 7k+ so big improvement there, and this is going on now 5 years+

I do a lot of gym work too - circuits\running\cycling\bar work in the park etc...do this at least 4 or 5 days a week.
Again trying to do 1000 upper body reps per week.

Keep the sugar consumption to an absolute minimum too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I would always try and make achievable goals for the day\week\month - simple things like walking 7k over the course of a day.
Keep that consistency so that your average is 7k at the end of the week and month and year.

Before I started tracking my walking - I would be walking on average 3 to 4km a day and now it's 7k+ so big improvement there, and this is going on now 5 years+

I do a lot of gym work too - circuits\running\cycling\bar work in the park etc...do this at least 4 or 5 days a week.

You big show off ya.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 9:08am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You big show off ya.

I take it that you are a Fat Fecker then Bren Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 3:42pm
a few days ago I started trying the not eating before 12 or after 8 thing you guys mentioned. 

I've been grand in the morning until about 11.30 but it's been grand the rest of the time. 
Stopping at 8 has been good because i've an awful snacking in front of the tele habit.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 3:53pm

Eat less, move more.

That's my advice.

He’s right though. For years I’ve been going to gym 3/4 times a week and do a few 10km walks or runs a week - but don’t get full effect of the exercise as while my meals are generally good, I drink like a fish, like my coke and eat loads of chocolate/ sweets/ crisps.

My advise to anybody losing weight is same as sheedys. Don’t set unrealistic goals, remember it’s long term/ regular way of life going forward that you need to put in place - all these fad diets, unrealistic exercise targets, etc dont work long term.

Cut down (not give up) on eating crap, drinking booze., etc and do a 10km walk every day (try part jog it) and the weight will start dropping. I did that for years and it worked (I was never massively overweight tbf, but did get into better shape from it). A few years ago, I added the gym in too but regular walking is a great start 

Edited by Wheelo - 06 Jan 2023 at 3:55pm
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Eat less, move more.

That's my advice.

He’s right though. For years I’ve been going to gym 3/4 times a week and do a few 10km walks or runs a week - but don’t get full effect of the exercise as while my meals are generally good, I drink like a fish, like my coke and eat loads of chocolate/ sweets/ crisps.

My advise to anybody losing weight is same as sheedys. Don’t set unrealistic goals, remember it’s long term/ regular way of life going forward that you need to put in place - all these fad diets, unrealistic exercise targets, etc dont work long term.

Cut down (not give up) on eating crap, drinking booze., etc and do a 10km walk every day (try part jog it) and the weight will start dropping. I did that for years and it worked (I was never massively overweight tbf, but did get into better shape from it). A few years ago, I added the gym in too but regular walking is a great start 

Would this not help with the exercise??? Shocked
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 7:31pm
Should have helped with the overeating too.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2023 at 7:59pm
Have a handful of sultanas with tbe tea in the evening and it really satisfies the sugar cravings. Trousers slightly looser today so happy with that

Slow and steady as Wheelo says  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 10:43am
17st 9lbs today (-9lbs) I'm guessing that is just water weight haha takes a few weeks off though.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:17pm

Eat less, move more.

That's my advice.

This is fairly close to what i stick to although not many people would be able to go for a 10k walk everyday. I wince when i hear people on about fasting before a certain time and after a certain time. There is no need for any of that. Or when i hear people talk about eating healthy for 3 months to get their weight down i think how long will that last? Forget diets. Trying to eat healthy and look after your health in general is a way of life. An everyday occurrence. Try and do a bit of exercise eat as healthy as you can without overdoing it. Its actually a fairly simple thing to do. You dont even need to go to a gym. Personally i would do fairly basic enough workouts at home but i find it works for me. I think drink is a major obstacle to staying healthy of your drinking in a big way. Absolutely drains your immune system.

Edited by doherty - 09 Jan 2023 at 12:17pm
I love beer gardens
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:19pm

I've stuck on a hape of timber over the last couple of months. Tipped the skills at 96.6kgs on New Years Day. I'm comfortable around 87/88kgs so I'm looking to lose a good bit of flab. Its all on the Ned Kelly and moobs. It seems that my footballing days are behind me so I'm trying to find a replacement form of cardio that has longevity and isnt likely to be a fad. 

I'm taking a zero tolerance approach to chocolate/ biscuits/ desserts etc. The last time I was shifting weight, I did 100 push ups a day. Its a great way to get the mind in the zone for working out and its handy when I'm working from home as I can just drop to the floor and do a set. 

El Puto Amo
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I've stuck on a hape of timber over the last couple of months. Tipped the skills at 96.6kgs on New Years Day. I'm comfortable around 87/88kgs so I'm looking to lose a good bit of flab. Its all on the Ned Kelly and moobs. It seems that my footballing days are behind me so I'm trying to find a replacement form of cardio that has longevity and isnt likely to be a fad. 

I'm taking a zero tolerance approach to chocolate/ biscuits/ desserts etc. The last time I was shifting weight, I did 100 push ups a day. Its a great way to get the mind in the zone for working out and its handy when I'm working from home as I can just drop to the floor and do a set. 

As said above do pleanty of 10km walks. Can start with smaller amount but try get up to regular 10km after a few weeks. Walk some, jog some if you can. Make it a way of life. I look forward to going out as I can listen to my favourite podcasts.

If looking for cardio in gym, I'd recommend the cross trainer for half an hour. Burns the calories (the full body cross trainer).

Im by no means an expert btw but a lad at work listened to me a few months ago, started off with 5km walks, now doing 10km in 50 minutes and dropped serious weight.

Keep things simple
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:40pm
BTW zero tolerance approach re eating sh@te won't work long term. Give yourself a day or two a week where you can look forward to a bit of chocolate or a pint.

Though no harm giving the drink up for first few weeks,  but don't be afraid to give yourself a cheat day or two a week. Life's too short!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:45pm

BTW zero tolerance approach re eating sh@te won't work long term. Give yourself a day or two a week where you can look forward to a bit of chocolate or a pint.

Though no harm giving the drink up for first few weeks,  but don't be afraid to give yourself a cheat day or two a week. Life's too short!

Ya I'd agree on this. I find that if you try and cut them out you end up maybe binging a bit more. If you want a chocolate snack or a biscuit or 2 have them. Not everyday obviously. Maybe pick a day to have a treat. No need to give anything up completely IMO
I love beer gardens
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:48pm

Yeah thats fair enough. I should've mentioned that the chocolate thing is a reasonably easy win for me as I much prefer savory food. I slipped into the habit of eating sugary sh1te in the evenings over the past couple of months so I'm gonna knock that on the head. I'm not giving up the booze.  
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 134>
  Share Topic