You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 133>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 10:09am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Big thing for me is cutting out the bread and sweet stuff. If I manage that I'll be sound

Getting out walking too. 

Passed my first milestone already getting under a certain weight but as I said, a lot of that is just getting rid of the easy weight post Christmas. The hard stuff now to come Cry

Why bread though? Surely carbs are part of any health diet. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 10:36am

Big thing for me is cutting out the bread and sweet stuff. If I manage that I'll be sound

Getting out walking too. 

Passed my first milestone already getting under a certain weight but as I said, a lot of that is just getting rid of the easy weight post Christmas. The hard stuff now to come Cry

I tried the same the last 4 weeks.  Cut out carbs and sweets and sugar.   Energy was f**ked.  Had to go back on one or two bits of carbs just to get through the day.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 10:45am
For anyone who listens to the Diary of a CEO podcast with Steven Bartlett, his latest one with Dr Tim Spector is well worth a listen on overall health and nutrition. In summary:

- eat whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible
- calorie counting doesn't work in the long term (something that I lived by)
- try to eat up to 30 different plant foods each week (includes fruit, veg, herbs, spices, coffee, nuts, grains etc)
- limit meat consumption

Whilst none of the above should be a huge surprise, he does say that focusing on macros of protein, carbs, fats and then overall calories is the wrong way to look at food, and that we should be focusing on foods that help our gut microbiomes instead. This goes against how we view food in the West completely 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:04am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Tipped the scale at 96kg on New Years Day, aiming for under 90 by 31st May. Anyone wanna post up a target and we revisit them at some point?

Deal 

Want to lose 5kg myself. Never, ever been heavier in my life. Cry

In fairness a lot of false weight because of the old over indulging so hopefully it will be more realistic in a week. 

Check back here in two weeks? 
Handshake
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:19am
My advice would be to just give up now as you are all going to have given up by February. January is a depressing month, enjoy yourselves. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Getting out walking too. 

Not a Pat the Baker sliced pan LOL I love bread but I eat way too much of it. 

Proper bread is still on the table
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:46am

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Getting out walking too. 

Not a Pat the Baker sliced pan LOL I love bread but I eat way too much of it. 

Proper bread is still on the table

I could not survive without bread! Try and stick to the brown bread in the UK but find it tough to resist Brennan's when home!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 12:06pm

Same here. I’ve focussed on eliminating added sugars, and foods with high sugar content, with no counterbalance. I’m also heavily cutting down on bread, as the last time I cut out booze and sweets my weight more or less maintained, and as Gaz said, it was as a result of going easy on myself when it came to thinks like chicken fillet sandwiches.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 12:09pm
Topped the scales at 90kg there after Christmas. Will hope to drop down to around 80kg in a coupole of months for the start of our football season. Portion sizes id say are my biggest issue. Will try and cut out the sugar in the tea as well, although it tastes like sh1te to me wiothout it. Go to the gym pretty regularly as well as football training. so fingers crossed. Going to go for the scrambled egg on toast every morning too
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 12:34pm
I did a comparison this morning to see what my current state looks like now to when I started to try lose the weight last January. The figures on the left are from this morning and the ones on the right are 4/1/22. Have let things regress the last minth or so but this helps me see the results that have been obtained and to refocus me for the new year. 

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I did a comparison this morning to see what my current state looks like now to when I started to try lose the weight last January. The figures on the left are from this morning and the ones on the right are 4/1/22. Have let things regress the last minth or so but this helps me see the results that have been obtained and to refocus me for the new year. 

That's a cracking result in a year, you've aged 5 years tho LOL
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 12:55pm
Serious work ringer Clap
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:26pm
A few years ago (2018) i dropped from 101kg to 80kg even into the late 70’s at stages. i was working doing Chinese tours at the time and between them basically starving me and then following their eating habits i ate some amount of broccoli the weight kind of just dropped off me. I’d only have a cereal for breakfast and eat tomatoes, oranges and carrots most of the day and also cut out the sugar as someone here mentioned that think it was MC Hammered. i was staying in hotels most of the time so in the evening would use the gym or go running around the local town etc. There’d be times where I’d be obsessed to the point that I’d actually only eat maybe 6 chips on a plate which isn’t good either and i also had people say to me oh you’ve lost too much weight so i basically don’t really think about it overly too much now just hover around 83kg-84kg at the moment.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:28pm
Checking back in here, ballooned up to 18st again. heaviest i've been since i moved to england 15 years ago.
need to cut out the crap. I've been really bad for the snacks, especially when i'm in the car. 
Gonna do the calorie counting and get back into the gym. Gto 4stone to lose. hoping i can lose a good bit by the time our new baby arrives in April.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:31pm
Well done Ringer. That's great work. Any tips? :)

Edited by Flanno7hi - 04 Jan 2023 at 1:31pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:34pm
The alcohol is what's done me, particularly since Covid hit. Last year for me was that one year we all go through where there was about a million weddings (actually 11 in total, I was best man twice and groomsman another fee times). My liver and bank account took a fierce hammering.

I've decided to make my main goal for 2023 to have a better balance/relationship with the sauce. Gonna take a few weeks off completely to reset, and then try limit it to once a week max. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:35pm
Have been eating like a hound and not exercising as much given the weather and work and other factors.

Just weighed myself there. 13-and-a-half stone or approximately 85kg. I'm 6'3 or 6'4. So not sure how good or bad that is.

Need to check the BMI again.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:50pm
My BMI is 24.8 which is teetering between "healthy" and "not so healthy!

76kg this morning. Am 5 foot 9. But when I put the weight on it all goes to the gut. It's ****ish 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 114115116117118 133>
  Share Topic