You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Losing Weight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 134>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2023 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

my youngest is also 18 months and up until 2 months ago wasn't sleeping through so getting sleep was a priority. 
We all have different lives lads, i wouldn't be so quick to judge. I'll check back in in 3 months when I've lost a few stone. 

Checking back in now. about to enter month 3. I've lost 31lbs so far. gone from 18st 4lbs to 16st 1lb. Hoping to make it to 14st even as my target so getting there. The 16-8 fasting has really helped with cutting out the snacking. at around 1650KCals a day now which is grand when it is only 2 meals. 
Been going to the gym about 3 times a week during lunch break at work.

Have been back enjoying a pint or two the last few weeks so i've only lost 6lbs this last month. That's 37 down now to 15st 9lbs. It's mad how bad i am at dieting when i have a few beers, want takeaways after a few LOL

Well done, do it completely guilt free too as it's unrealistic not to treat yourself to those days.

We had a team in "marcheton" (a competition for most steps in the month of march) this month and 1 lad lost over a stone in 4 weeks by doing it.

As good as the weights are, cardio is the best for losing weight (even if it's just walking alot)
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Tipped the scale at 96kg on New Years Day, aiming for under 90 by 31st May. Anyone wanna post up a target and we revisit them at some point?

Deal 

Want to lose 5kg myself. Never, ever been heavier in my life. Cry

In fairness a lot of false weight because of the old over indulging so hopefully it will be more realistic in a week. 

Check back here in two weeks? 
Handshake

Right, where are we at here?

As of this morning I'm 1.6kg down, but that is the same as a few days ago. Hoping to lose another 0.3kg by Saturday morning as that will be another small milestone

Diet vastly improved. Activity levels not so much. Although I am out and about loads because of pre season, not doing any real exercise myself. Need to cop on and get off my hole

Heading to a friends house tonight. Going to leave the car at home and walk or cycle
Well done.

Bizzarly I'm also down 1.6kg....
Dec 31st - 96kg
Jan 18th - 94.4kg

Happy the start, probably a lot of the Christmas excess that fell off pretty quickly with a quiet January and only one night out. Gets tougher now to build that into a healthy habit rather than a 3 week healthy period.
End Feb weight in

Dec 31st - 96 kg
Jan 18th - 94.4 kg
Feb 28th - 93.6 kg

Slowly making progress, just about on track for my goal of 90kg by end May. Haven't been below 93 in 2 years so that's the next target for me
90kg by 31st May was my original goal, heading on holidays today and turning 40 next week hence the deadline.

Didn’t make 90kg, currently at 92kg. Weight fell off for the first few months, but been a bit more stubborn after that. Combination of diet getting worse and willpower dropping I guess.

Happy to be back to my pre-Covid weight anyway.

4kg lost in 5 months
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 12:04pm
Gone from 14 stone to 12.8 stone in 6 weeks. I've been having huel black for breakfast and dinner Monday to Friday and running 4km 4 times a week, plus a few weights.

Huel was the game changer, controls my diet.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 12:49pm
I need to get myself back into action with the weight loss I went from 19st 12 at start of 2022 to ending the year at 16st 12. As of this morning I'm still 16 12 which tbh I was surprised at as I've not been as good with exercise and diet the last while so good to see I'm at a maintenance level 

Plan to get a push in now in the summer months get back to my walking etc be nice to end the year a stone or 2 lighter 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 3:30pm
If you can keep your sugar intake to a minimum you should be fine.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 2:12pm

Tipped the scale at 96kg on New Years Day, aiming for under 90 by 31st May. Anyone wanna post up a target and we revisit them at some point?

Deal 

In fairness a lot of false weight because of the old over indulging so hopefully it will be more realistic in a week. 

Handshake

As of this morning I'm 1.6kg down, but that is the same as a few days ago. Hoping to lose another 0.3kg by Saturday morning as that will be another small milestone

Diet vastly improved. Activity levels not so much. Although I am out and about loads because of pre season, not doing any real exercise myself. Need to cop on and get off my hole

Heading to a friends house tonight. Going to leave the car at home and walk or cycle
Well done.

Dec 31st - 96kg
Jan 18th - 94.4kg

Happy the start, probably a lot of the Christmas excess that fell off pretty quickly with a quiet January and only one night out. Gets tougher now to build that into a healthy habit rather than a 3 week healthy period.
End Feb weight in

Dec 31st - 96 kg
Jan 18th - 94.4 kg
Feb 28th - 93.6 kg

Slowly making progress, just about on track for my goal of 90kg by end May. Haven't been below 93 in 2 years so that's the next target for me
90kg by 31st May was my original goal, heading on holidays today and turning 40 next week hence the deadline.

Didn’t make 90kg, currently at 92kg. Weight fell off for the first few months, but been a bit more stubborn after that. Combination of diet getting worse and willpower dropping I guess.

4kg lost in 5 months

This fell by the wayside and I started up again. Doing a good bit of reading about ultra processed food and the effect it has on weight gain etc. Really fascinating and horrifying.

As of now I am down nearly 4kg in 3-4 weeks. Never ever had results like it. I have minimised ultra processed food to around 10-20% of my diet and hoping to do more. Cooking from scratch, always bringing my own lunch. Doing some walking but nothing strenuous exercise wise which tells me this is 90% diet to be honest.  A lot of home made soup, stews, pasta and rice dishes, all from scratch. Really enjoying it but hoping I can keep it up long term. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 2:23pm
I am also taking alflorex which is a pro biotic. Having stomach problems for a while now and doctor suggested these to see how I get on as I'm in and out too him. Further exploration in the stomach and downstairs ruled anything sinister out thankfully. 

Anyways all of my symptoms are gone since starting this diet. I'm delighted. But read yesterday pro biotics can help with weight loss when with a good diet 

I'm always satisfied after meals and I'm not starving myself. Just good food. I'm a terrible cook too but enjoying the practice!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 2:29pm
Life circumstances allowed me to follow a one meal a day plan. I wouldn’t advise it, but it’s been fantastic in terms of dropping weight. I was interested in the calorie deficit concept, and followed it for about 6 months. Now I’m gradually moving back to more than one meal a day, to maintain the status quo. Only having added sugar one day a week was also a major bonus.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 2:47pm

Deal 

Handshake

Well done.

Dec 31st - 96kg
Jan 18th - 94.4kg

End Feb weight in

Dec 31st - 96 kg
Jan 18th - 94.4 kg
Feb 28th - 93.6 kg

4kg lost in 5 months

This fell by the wayside and I started up again. Doing a good bit of reading about ultra processed food and the effect it has on weight gain etc. Really fascinating and horrifying.

As of now I am down nearly 4kg in 3-4 weeks. Never ever had results like it. I have minimised ultra processed food to around 10-20% of my diet and hoping to do more. Cooking from scratch, always bringing my own lunch. Doing some walking but nothing strenuous exercise wise which tells me this is 90% diet to be honest.  A lot of home made soup, stews, pasta and rice dishes, all from scratch. Really enjoying it but hoping I can keep it up long term. 
Just got my afternoon coffee and opened the forum for a few mns break. The coffee has a club milk on the side these days which tells you all you need to know about how mine is going. 

Had a rough August/September with a lot on, lot of nights out and drinking too much, quiet last month has brought it back a bit but I'd say the good I did in Jan-May have been undone over the summer.

Gonna enter the marathon next year to give myself a proper goal. Did a few of them 10 years ago so hopefulyl will put manners on me
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 3:11pm

I am also taking alflorex which is a pro biotic. Having stomach problems for a while now and doctor suggested these to see how I get on as I'm in and out too him. Further exploration in the stomach and downstairs ruled anything sinister out thankfully. 

Anyways all of my symptoms are gone since starting this diet. I'm delighted. But read yesterday pro biotics can help with weight loss when with a good diet 

I'm always satisfied after meals and I'm not starving myself. Just good food. I'm a terrible cook too but enjoying the practice!

You reckon it could have been the inflammation from the ultra processed food that was having a negative impact on the weight loss too?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 3:47pm
100% inflammation is a massive part of it. Bloating went down after around 3-4 days. Trousers looser. Mental stuff to be honest. Hoping I see results into November because this is the most weight I've ever lost following a diet. 

Edited by MayoMark - 23 Oct 2023 at 3:48pm
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 6:21pm
any of yous working with an online coach? I always thought they were a load of sh*te but I Started with one about 8 weeks ago and I find the accountability brilliant. Tracking foods on myfitnesspal which is linked to the trainers app. Really enjoying it and it’s not an unsustainable diet like eating nothing only chicken broccoli and Greek yogurt every day. 

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 6:53pm
Rule of thumb for me is if you're always hungry it's pointless and unsustainable 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 7:09pm

Rule of thumb for me is if you're always hungry it's pointless and unsustainable 

The sustainability thing is important. I saw a lot of videos dealing with the mismatched expectation in terms of quick gains and crash dieting. Basically if you only see small gains (or losses) after a couple of weeks you’ll say ‘what’s the point.’ Breaking that 2-3 week barrier on a diet is key before it becomes a more sustainable way of life.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 7:11pm

sorry I didn’t explain that too wellLOL 
I meant the diet is not restrictive and unsustainable. Using myfitnesspal for a few months is a great way to give you a better understanding of foods and calories. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 8:19pm
Ever see that V'Shred guy on facebook ads?LOL

Eat donuts to a better body

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

sorry I didn’t explain that too wellLOL 
I meant the diet is not restrictive and unsustainable. Using myfitnesspal for a few months is a great way to give you a better understanding of foods and calories. 

No i was agreeing with you Big smile
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 3:56am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

any of yous working with an online coach? I always thought they were a load of sh*te but I Started with one about 8 weeks ago and I find the accountability brilliant. Tracking foods on myfitnesspal which is linked to the trainers app. Really enjoying it and it’s not an unsustainable diet like eating nothing only chicken broccoli and Greek yogurt every day. 

I'd never use any of them. But when you pay for something you're more likely to go through with it. So if it works, great. Just don't tell your friends LOL 
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 134>
  Share Topic