You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 410411412413414 465>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

But it should be looked at it this way. The 'fans' who choose to engage with McClean are undoubtedly the types obsessed with 'PC', 'Cancel 'Woke' Culture. Obsess over 'snowflakes', and believe that banter is dead. The problem is, the have no interest in mutuality, and as a result dog pile on McClean, even though it exposes their own contradictions, and their own hypocrisies. They are not arguing in good faith, and they are certainly using it as a way of satisfying their own prejudices, against a lad who willingly stands up to bullying. Dont forget, most of the types who abuse him online would have been England fans until around 10:45pm on Sunday night, when they found a new object of their hatred, in the three excellent young lads who represented their country, and did more than any of twitter mob have, by having the courage and fibre to take a penalty, and perhaps achieve something great, which is undoubtedly on behalf of a nation.

McClean is one of the good guys. He is one of those guys who continues to see playing for his country as a high honour, and will crawl over hot coals to do so. It upsets him when Ireland lose, and it is a representation of fans views. His professionalism is unparalleled and given contemporary football he has been a go-to-guy for a number of managers with similar philosophies. It should also be noted that he had the backing of all Irish managers since he moved from Derry, and that counts for something. Simply put, he deserves our support in the face of unbelievable hostility from the mob of twitter bigots and hypocrites.

Clap
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:28pm

But it should be looked at it this way. The 'fans' who choose to engage with McClean are undoubtedly the types obsessed with 'PC', 'Cancel 'Woke' Culture. Obsess over 'snowflakes', and believe that banter is dead. The problem is, the have no interest in mutuality, and as a result dog pile on McClean, even though it exposes their own contradictions, and their own hypocrisies. They are not arguing in good faith, and they are certainly using it as a way of satisfying their own prejudices, against a lad who willingly stands up to bullying. Dont forget, most of the types who abuse him online would have been England fans until around 10:45pm on Sunday night, when they found a new object of their hatred, in the three excellent young lads who represented their country, and did more than any of twitter mob have, by having the courage and fibre to take a penalty, and perhaps achieve something great, which is undoubtedly on behalf of a nation.

McClean is one of the good guys. He is one of those guys who continues to see playing for his country as a high honour, and will crawl over hot coals to do so. It upsets him when Ireland lose, and it is a representation of fans views. His professionalism is unparalleled and given contemporary football he has been a go-to-guy for a number of managers with similar philosophies. It should also be noted that he had the backing of all Irish managers since he moved from Derry, and that counts for something. Simply put, he deserves our support in the face of unbelievable hostility from the mob of twitter bigots and hypocrites.

Cracking post.

ClapClapClap

Edited by Double Maxim - 14 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:29pm
McLean has an excellent scoring record for Ireland when compared with far better players of the past. He still has a role in the team. Maybe he'll be phased out by the time of the next Euro's campaign  
It would damage this forums' reputation
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:33pm
Mcclean has been a fantastic servant for ireland and has always given 100%, no question about it.

But he is a knob. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

McLean has an excellent scoring record for Ireland when compared with far better players of the past. He still has a role in the team. Maybe he'll be phased out by the time of the next Euro's campaign  

It's McClean!

It's up to the younger players to step up and earn their place in the team at his expense and then the ball is back in his court to try and win it back when given the opportunity.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 2:19pm

Excellent post ClapClap
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 9:16am
Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing the Italian kit. 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Mcclean has been a fantastic servant for ireland and has always given 100%, no question about it.

But he is a knob. 
Oh do f**k off!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

He could wear a dress for all I care. That’s not the point it was deliberately provocative. You help yourself too. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 12:06pm
The vast majority of Ireland (and Scotland) supports whoever England is playing. It's in our DNA. Wearing the opposition jersey is nothing more than banter.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The vast majority of Ireland (and Scotland) supports whoever England is playing. It's in our DNA. Wearing the opposition jersey is nothing more than banter.

The same people probably stick up for Ian Wright when he mocks Roy Keane's accent on live TV in front of 20 million odd people.

Funny how that works.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He could wear a dress for all I care. That’s not the point it was deliberately provocative. You help yourself too. 

If any other player but McClean(and I'm sure this has happened on multiple occasions) did this it would be looked at as 'banter'. But, because its him, where he comes from, has a backbone and sticks up for what he believes in whether people agree with it or not, people jump down his throat for wearing a f*cking football jersey. You must be a right delicate wee flower if you/people find that provocative! 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

If any other player but McClean(and I'm sure this has happened on multiple occasions) did this it would be looked at as 'banter'. But, because its him, where he comes from, has a backbone and sticks up for what he believes in whether people agree with it or not, people jump down his throat for wearing a f*cking football jersey. You must be a right delicate wee flower if you/people find that provocative! 

Exactly there was no fuss when David Meyler wore a German shirt before the Germany v England game. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

It's McClean!

It's up to the younger players to step up and earn their place in the team at his expense and then the ball is back in his court to try and win it back when given the opportunity.

It's an easy typo to make there Horsebox. 

I'd agree on the 2nd point 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:34pm

You’re a sensitive little soul aren’t you?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:40pm

Have you a hard time reading English?? I clearly stated I couldn’t care less. 
However considering who he is then yes it is provocative and he’s not helping himself. 
This is the problem isn’t it what other player was dressing himself up in a full on Italian kit and posting it on social media as the game was starting? Find me another player? 

I’m not offended in the slightest I couldn’t care less. Was just making what is a factual point the more you give the more you can expect to get back. That’s not to excuse the sectarian abuse he gets of course but it is reality he will keep getting it as long as he’s being provocative. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You’re a sensitive little soul aren’t you?

Same comment above applies to you? I have offered no opinion on how it annoys me I have stated I don’t care. I’m just stating a fact and addressing the matter at hand considering the past issues he’s going to provoke and that’s how it comes across to those who will give it back to him? 

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Jul 2021 at 1:42pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 3:22pm

Have you a hard time reading English?? I clearly stated I couldn’t care less. 
However considering who he is then yes it is provocative and he’s not helping himself. 
This is the problem isn’t it what other player was dressing himself up in a full on Italian kit and posting it on social media as the game was starting? Find me another player? 

I’m not offended in the slightest I couldn’t care less. Was just making what is a factual point the more you give the more you can expect to get back. That’s not to excuse the sectarian abuse he gets of course but it is reality he will keep getting it as long as he’s being provocative. 
I don't have a hard time reading or writing in English, Kevin. I would of thought that was quite evident.

Anyway, "considering who he is" is why he gets the sectarian and racist abuse of a certain type of people. And to reiterate my above response, he is  a man who stands up to bullies on a regular basis as he has a backbone to stand up for what he believes in and his own morals.

Name you one player? Look another posters comment above in regards to Meyler wearing a Germany top on SM before the England Germany game. I dont recall you posting about provocation on that instance? Perhaps its becUe of "considering who he is"?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 410411412413414 465>
  Share Topic