Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=31624
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:54am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: James McClean
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: James McClean
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:09pm
 Sunderland have agreeded a fee with Derry City for the winger. What do you guys think of him as a player ?

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:12pm
He is the new Andy Sinton Thumbs Up

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: jackshat
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:16pm
Hope he does well. I love to see lads from the LOI coming over to England. I know it is technically wrong, but it shows the league can produce decent enough players. 

I must make the exception of Daryl Murphy however, he should have stayed at homeCry

-------------
It's Jack Shat

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:20pm
How much did Derry get for him?

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

Hope he does well. I love to see lads from the LOI coming over to England. I know it is technically wrong, but it shows the league can produce decent enough players. 

I must make the exception of Daryl Murphy however, he should have stayed at homeCry

Fair enough the Murph is not the greatest but I'll always remember the goals he scored v Wigan Spurs Boro Luton etc.

-------------

Posted By: jackshat
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:21pm
His goal against Wigan was superbLOL

-------------
It's Jack Shat

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

His goal against Wigan was superbLOL

Right enough it was a cracker and a quality pass from Andy Reid.

-------------

Posted By: MariborKev
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 9:01pm
*Sits smugly back, looking at the post where I told people a Premiership club would have a bid accepted by the end of this week*

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

How much did Derry get for him?

£400,000.

-------------

Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:40am
Has he only played for Derry in his LOI career ?

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 9:13am
Yeah, made his debut and scored on it v Bohs in the League Cup in 2008.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:39am
He gona play 4 the north this week?or play for us in future?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Absolutely Use
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 12:55pm
is it the best move for him, would have thought  a move to the championship would be better for him.

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 1:07pm
BSM,

He said he would play for ROI if he was asked.

He is in the squad for the NI game v the Faroes though.  However the genius that is Nigel said that he probably won't get near the squad.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 1:15pm
He has just pulled out of the Norn Iron squad, looks like he wants to play for a proper team Thumbs Up

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by BaileNúisBhoy BaileNúisBhoy wrote:

He has just pulled out of the Norn Iron squad, looks like he wants to play for a proper team Thumbs Up

"Av made a decision for me personally i think would benefit me and am not gna explain myself to anyone for it. Its my decision end off case closed." 

ClapClapClapClap

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:13pm
Gwan Jamesy biy Clap

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:25pm
Great stuff

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:03pm
Lads, I will move this to the RoI section.

He on twitter BG?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:05pm
Good man Jamie, another great young talent on board

Yeah he's on twitter McG but that quote isn't on it, must be from elsewhere. He only has about 300 followers on his twitter.

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:06pm
Legend Clap

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:21pm
good to hear,he looks a promising player.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:59pm
Poor old nigel, he may have to play against the Faros himself.LOL

-------------

Posted By: Sloop John G
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:02pm
They have recruited Gerry Armstrong to be a conduit between the defectees and the national team. Looks like he won't even get a chance to speak to McClean.

In all fairness, the way McGinn, McCourt and Mannus have been treated would put anyone off playing for them, let alone Neil Lennon.

If McClean ended up playing for Celtic, he probably thinks he'd end up getting death threats.

By all rights, it should take Northern Ireland years to clean up the mess they have created.

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:05pm
Clap

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:11pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14436621.stm - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14436621.stm

The pub team squad is at the end of this link? Id say the lads i play astro with on Thursday nights would take them LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:12pm
I agree Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:24pm
Faroe Islands 16/1 on wednesday draw 11/2. Looks like good value

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:26pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14436621.stm - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14436621.stm

The pub team squad is at the end of this link? Id say the lads i play astro with on Thursday nights would take them LOL
Thats a poor squad, we could be a squad of players that have never been picked at senior level that would woop the north Sammon,  Rooney, McCarthy, Quinn, Randolph. Thats a five a side team that would beat the NI Xi.

We should loan them a few.Censored

-------------

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 4:55pm
Jaysus, if this is getting lads excited it says alot about the standard of the talent available to us.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Jaysus, if this is getting lads excited it says alot about the standard of the talent available to us.

Another eligible player playing in the top tier of the EPL. Few and far between in fairness so without getting excited it's good news.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 5:48pm
Welcome Jamesy! Regional Development Team..Thanks for the help Wink

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Lads, I will move this to the RoI section.

He on twitter BG?
He's on facebook thats where the quote came from http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000273775186&sk=wall - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000273775186&sk=wall

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 5:58pm
who is this chap? Who does he play for? Is he any good?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 6:05pm

[QUOTE=McG]Lads, I will move this to the RoI section.

He on twitter BG?
He's on facebook thats where the quote came from http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000273775186&sk=wall%5b/QUOTE - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000273775186&sk=wall[/QUOTE ]

He sounds like a few of the new recruits on this forum, incapable of stringing a comprehendable sentence together.

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

He sounds like a few of the new recruits on this forum, incapable of stringing a comprehendable sentence together.

He's a footballer Wink

He also said this "this post isnt about me leavin derry for sunderland its the decision on international future folks"

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 6:26pm
" after having a long think about it I felt in my heart that it felt right for me to declare for the Republic as it’s something I’ve always grown up wanting to do"

http://interviewloi.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-international-career-doesnt-lay-with.html - http://interviewloi.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-international-career-doesnt-lay-with.html

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 6:41pm
“I rang Nigel Worthington on Saturday night and while I appreciated the call-up to the senior team having played at under-21 level, my dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland. Now that Sunderland have offered me a full-time contract, I have to follow my heart.”

Posted By: Dano
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 8:50pm
Not sure if he'll make the grade for Ireland but always good to have Irish players with teams in the Premier League, anyone who sticks two fingers up at the Are We A Country crowd is in my good books.

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 9:27pm
James has been outstanding this season now.

We all knew he was too good for us, and that he'd go abroad.  Good luck de him now over in England.  Easily good enough for the top division over there.  He's the best player this city has produced in years.

Great decision to tell the north to go feck themselves.  Worthington only got interested when he heard James might go to Britain.  Bigot.

Trap, sign him up!

-------------
City Till I Die

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

We all knew he was too good for us, and that he'd go abroad.  Good luck de him now over in England.  Easily good enough for the top division over there.  He's the best player this city has produced in years.

Great decision to tell the north to go feck themselves.  Worthington only got interested when he heard James might go to Britain.  Bigot.

Trap, sign him up!
How would you compare JM to Paddy McCourt ? Hopefully John O'Shea and Kieren Westwood will give him plenty of encouragement for declaring for Ireland and in the future he may be lining up for club and country with David Meyler and John Egan.

I hope the deal invoves a freiendly at the Brandywell next close season as I would love a trip to Derry. I've met some top fellas from Derry who have studied at Sunderland University over the years.

-------------

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:45pm
Great news Clap

-------------

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 2:06am
Clap Clap Clap

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Posted By: flick
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:17am
Getting some stick on the gawa twitter page, "hope he breaks down and never kicks a ball again" and reading the tweets they genuinely believe they are a better team than us

Gwan James

-------------
GWAN YBIG

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Trap, sign him up!
How would you compare JM to Paddy McCourt ? Hopefully John O'Shea and Kieren Westwood will give him plenty of encouragement for declaring for Ireland and in the future he may be lining up for club and country with David Meyler and John Egan.

I hope the deal invoves a freiendly at the Brandywell next close season as I would love a trip to Derry. I've met some top fellas from Derry who have studied at Sunderland University over the years.

More traditional winger than McCourt, plays wide, pacey, decent cross and would provide more than McCourt. Much more reliable and (fingers crossed) a lot less injury prone.

And you can get to feck with that idea. That was part of the deal with Celtic for McCourt and McGinn and was an utter disaster. Just the cash please!

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Godot
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:58am
Have we made many enquiries about young footballers from NI Protestant backgrounds? Yes, it would probably be fruitless, but no harm in asking. There's not many Protestant nationalists in the north, yet they're out there. Clap

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 6:20am
Im sure anyone would be welcomed with open arms. Fact is though nationalists in the north east are far more likely to want to play for ireland

-------------

Posted By: Predator
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:07am
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

Getting some stick on the gawa twitter page, "hope he breaks down and never kicks a ball again" and reading the tweets they genuinely believe they are a better team than us

Gwan James
Nothing worse than a sore loser.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:53am

Trapattoni was asked about James McClean’s declaration for the Republic of Ireland after he pulled out of Nigel Worthington’s squad to face the Faroe Islands on Wednesday.

“It’s important what he said, that he clarified what he wants,” said the manager. “We always work with the aim of adding new players to our squad. But when the papers get involved it can get more complicated. He’s a good offensive wide player, tall and powerful. Now we will have the possibility of following him more."

The winger is set to join Sunderland after a €400,000 fee was agreed with the Candystripes last Friday.

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:55am
Getting gerry armstrong in to persuade players is absolutely pathetic even by their standards

I doubt many teenagers have a fookin notion who the chap even is

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: mccarticus
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:23am
Great to see another one on board from the feeder squad, any word on Barton? is he definitely with us?

-------------
Sheedy wins it back, Sheedy shoots....

Posted By: Trapcandoit
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:34am
Originally posted by mccarticus mccarticus wrote:

Great to see another one on board from the feeder squad, any word on Barton? is he definitely with us?
Barton withdrew from the u21 squad according to the StarCry No reason given by the paper but it sounds like an injury.

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:48am
David Healy was on Sky Sports having a moan, trying to make it look like we're the bad guys.

Posted By: Trapcandoit
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:52am
Great news about this McClean lad but God.. why are we pruducing so many gifted wingers. Duff, McGeady, Alex O Haleran(Liverpool academy) to name a few off the top of my head and now the next serious prospect to jump off the conveyer belt is a winger as well. Not a decent midfielder in sight since the days of Roy Keane- apart from maybe McCarthyCry

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:55am
just seen david healy whinging on ssn about his defection to us, christ they really are living up to their bitter billing.

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: Godot
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Great news about this McClean lad but God.. why are we pruducing so many gifted wingers. Duff, McGeady, Alex O Haleran(Liverpool academy) to name a few off the top of my head and now the next serious prospect to jump off the conveyer belt is a winger as well. Not a decent midfielder in sight since the days of Roy Keane- apart from maybe McCarthyCry

Stephen Hunt, Keith Treacy and Robbie Brady too. 

I don't believe we're in the middle of a famine of decent Irish midfielders, just for one reason or another we haven't played them.

James McCarthy: variety of reasons
Stephen Ireland: retired
Steven Reid: retired
David Meyler: injuries
Chris McCann: injuries
Wes Hoolahan: too attacking for Trap

Posted By: magnumpi
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:41am

Who was interviewing him? Surely the first question would be, "How can you be surprised that he wants to play for the Republic given the treatment of players from similar backgrounds and also in light of the fact that Northern Ireland have zero chance of qualifying for a major tournament?

or "Do you the think the death-threats he would receive if he did decide to play for Northern Ireland would act as a source of inspiration and boost his level of performance, in a stick and stick approach to motivation?"

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 12:00pm

Not a decent midfielder in sight since the days of Roy Keane- apart from maybe McCarthyCry

I have faith in David Meyler...

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 12:10pm
Well done James Clap 

Nigel Worthless           
Point And Laugh                                    

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

just seen david healy whinging on ssn about his defection to us, christ they really are living up to their bitter billing.

Healy has done more interviews than score goals in the past 4 years

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Not a decent midfielder in sight since the days of Roy Keane- apart from maybe McCarthyCry

Me aswell. Big question marks over his fitness though

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Me aswell. Big question marks over his fitness though
The fact that he has been treated by the same doctor as Michael Essien doesn't fill me with confidence. Essien is out for the rest of the year, I hope Meyler holds up better than him.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Getting gerry armstrong in to persuade players is absolutely pathetic even by their standards

I doubt many teenagers have a fookin notion who the chap even is
You obviously don't know anything about football then.

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:39pm
great news. always love to hear a new lad from our wee country declare for the real boys in green. 

what is the story with shane ferguson as well?? anybody any updates on him? last i heard was it was just speculation because he didn't accept nigel worthless invitation

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by mccarticus mccarticus wrote:

needed by club for carling cup match

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 6:39pm
Have high hopes for McCann and Meyler if they both can stay injury free.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:38am
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/flying-south-mcclean-the-latest-player-to-defect-to-the-republic-2842806.html - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/flying-south-mcclean-the-latest-player-to-defect-to-the-republic-2842806.html

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:38am
That article is spot on

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 7:17am

Delighted we got McClean on board , its priceless having so have many EPL players available to Trap  Thumbs Up

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Delighted we got McClean on board , its priceless having so have many EPL players available to Trap  Thumbs Up

surprised you even know who he is

Posted By: ColG
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:05am
Good to hear young lads coming on board Dont really know much about him but hopefully I will soon!!

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:40am
Has he actually signed for Sunderland yet?

Posted By: Wild Rover
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:47am
dont think hes signed yet

-------------
Niall Quinn is god

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Wild Rover Wild Rover wrote:

dont think hes signed yet

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:16am
Just signed according to ssn. Initial fee of £350,000

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:28am

Just signed according to ssn. Initial fee of £350,000

Congrats James

Posted By: Jonesy
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:31am
apparently SAFC signed him after watching him play v man city in the dublin super cup

-------------
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP

Posted By: ColG
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:34am
Yup he just signed
Hopefully big things for the young lad

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Jonesy Jonesy wrote:

apparently SAFC signed him after watching him play v man city in the dublin super cup

I seriously doubt that. I'd say more likely they were one of a few who have been keeping an eye out for a while. James was carrying a bit of an injury into that game as was fairly terrible by the standards he's set all year.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:48am
Initial fee of €400,000. What terms are in the deal that allow this fee to grow?

If Derry have any sense they will use this money for long term initatives such as improving facilities at the bradywell, setting up a youth academy etc rather than players wages/signing new players.

I hope there is a clause in the deal for 10-15% of any sell on fee.

If Cork City had had that in the Shane Long deal they would be getting £700k this week

No player should be sold from the LOI without such a clause to go with the initial fee

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:51am
Originally posted by ColG ColG wrote:

Good to hear young lads coming on board Dont really know much about him but hopefully I will soon!!

were have you been since march Confused

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:53am

Spot on Jerry.

Youth academy seems in decent enough shape with some of the young talent being produced in Derry but I think the Stadium is pretty much every Derry Fan's priority.

Now, 350K obviously wont buy a stadium but hope it goes towards getting the ball rolling on something. Sorting out Merchandising would be a very worthy use of the money as well - its shambolic really.

Apparently the sell on clause is 15%.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:02am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Spot on Jerry.

Youth academy seems in decent enough shape with some of the young talent being produced in Derry but I think the Stadium is pretty much every Derry Fan's priority.

Now, 350K obviously wont buy a stadium but hope it goes towards getting the ball rolling on something. Sorting out Merchandising would be a very worthy use of the money as well - its shambolic really.

Apparently the sell on clause is 15%.

That's a pretty good deal when you consider the peanuts some of the leagues better players have moved on for in recent years. Other clubs should take note.

Not much good though if their accountant doesnt advise them about "matching policy"

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

surprised you even know who he is

Seriously was there a need for that?

I dont support a LOI Team so therefore its shock that i knew who one of the leagues best players was........Get a grip

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:28pm

If Derry have any sense they will use this money for long term initatives such as improving facilities at the bradywell, setting up a youth academy etc rather than players wages/signing new players.

If Cork City had had that in the Shane Long deal they would be getting £700k this week

i'd say derry will us the money to pay off existing debt?

afaik, cork had a sell on clause for long but they bought it out a few years ago when they were fcuked.

EDIT: mixed up long and doyle. they bought out doyles sell on fee.

-------------
cup champions

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:32pm

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:14am
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

i'd say derry will us the money to pay off existing debt?

afaik, cork had a sell on clause for long but they bought it out a few years ago when they were fcuked.

EDIT: mixed up long and doyle. they bought out doyles sell on fee.

What existing Debt?

The last holding company went bust. We are in legal and finacial terms, a new club.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: John W
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:20am
I see Brian Kerr claiming that the allegiance issue does not sit well with him ahead of the Faroe's game with the Pub Team. Yet he played Clinton Morrison , with whom Ive no problem with, just would like to point the hypocrisoacy of his statement. Surely someone like James from Derry would have more of a right than a 3rd generation player born and bred in England.

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 5:17am
I like Brian Kerr but he seems to have serious dose of sour grapes. Wise up Brian, you seem to have conviently forgotten that you played a Belfast lad named Crossan way back in the the nineties.

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

I see Brian Kerr claiming that the allegiance issue does not sit well with him ahead of the Faroe's game with the Pub Team. Yet he played Clinton Morrison , with whom Ive no problem with, just would like to point the hypocrisoacy of his statement. Surely someone like James from Derry would have more of a right than a 3rd generation player born and bred in England.

Saw that.  It's actually staggering hyoprisy seeing as it was him who began picking northern born players such as Ger Crossley for his underage teams.....

Always had time for Kerr but his bitterness really does him no favours...

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 8:38am
He loves the lemons Brian Kerr. Loads of examples of his bitterness since he lost the job

-------------

Posted By: daffyp
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 8:56am

HAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjSCVGiI-wE&feature=related - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjSCVGiI-wE&feature=related

Posted By: el2nz
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 1:05pm
Another top youngster thinking of making the change to Ireland:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/golf/2011/0810/1224302217959.html - http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/golf/2011/0810/1224302217959.html

Posted By: sledgehammer
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:21pm
Anyone understand one word he just said in that MNS Interview. LOL

-------------
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing

Posted By: johnnycee
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:32pm
Didn't catch a word !!! Apart from the accent the line was a pile of 

-------------
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers

Posted By: Gem
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:36pm
Had the volume up full whack and still caught fook all that line was terrible, Con Murphy hadn't a clue either just kep smiling and asking q's LOL

Posted By: Irish2011
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 8:12am
I see Gerry Armstrong is saying McClean is having second thoughts about switching to Ireland and that Shane Ferguson is staying with Norn Iron. I will be amazed if Ferguson does not make the switch as contary to all the posters on Our Wee Country from speaking to a close member of Shane's family they were very keen on Shane making the switch and it would be a dream come true for them to see Shane pull on the Irish shirt. Be interesting to see what happens.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 8:32am
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/bright_future_lies_ahead_armstrong_1_2989896 - http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/bright_future_lies_ahead_armstrong_1_2989896

Id say this could be more to do with Gerry trying to put a positive spin on things.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: John W
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 8:38am
"We have to stop the FAI cherry-picking Northern Ireland talent."

That is incorrect, the FAI are not picking the best NI players to represent us merely providing a chance for youths or an Irish presuasion to play with THEIR country.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 9:02am

The newsletter is a rag, but funny none the less

We have found a couple on the mainland who we think qualify for Northern Ireland – one of which could be a real star of the future,” Gerry revealed

where was he speaking from Raithlin island ? what s this mainland he is talking about ?LOL

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net