You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 465>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:27pm
He's on over a million a year at Stoke but going into the last year of his contract so I expect his agent will be looking for at least a two year deal elsewhere and the money would have to be right. He'll finish his career back at Derry City someday but not just yet, I would think. He can play in the Championship easily for a while yet, might even tempt a lower half PL team given his experience at that level and the need for big squads these days.
Sponsored Links

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 4:01pm
Theres no chance a Premier League team goes anywhere near the guy LOL
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Theres no chance a Premier League team goes anywhere near the guy LOL

Have to agree here. Not hope he's getting back into the premier League.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 4:44pm
He would fit in with Celtic both on and off the field 

Edited by Healy52003 - 13 Jul 2021 at 8:06pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:20pm
Mcclean must be an utter nightmare for his agent and it looks like he is at it again burning any bridges with Stoke

Mcclean is 32 and past his best form. He should be keeping his mouth shut and letting his play do the talking. He is putting his club career in real trouble with his antics. No English team will want to touch him now and he isnt good enough to play abroad. Whereever he goes next it won't be a team as good as Stoke. Wouldnt be surprised if his international career is in the air now.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Mcclean must be an utter nightmare for his agent and it looks like he is at it again burning any bridges with Stoke

Mcclean is 32 and past his best form. He should be keeping his mouth shut and letting his play do the talking. He is putting his club career in real trouble with his antics. No English team will want to touch him now and he isnt good enough to play abroad. Whereever he goes next it won't be a team as good as Stoke. Wouldnt be surprised if his international career is in the air now.

Same with the craic wearing the Italian kit etc. Not saying that justifies the abuse he receives but the saying “You have to help yourself” comes to mind. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 7:40pm
McClean Clap
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm
Has McClean ever done anything even slightly wrong in your eyes HB? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:28pm
I wonder would someone in the MLS take a punt in him? 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:28pm
God forbid he gets a bit of support from his own fans.

Some amount of snidely comments about him. Pathetic really.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ahh he’s been a good servant and I’d have no issue with him in any Irish squad in future years. A good experienced player and we need to keep a few in the squad with the influx of youth that will hopefully continue to come into the squad in the coming 3/4 years. 

However he is limited in ability and going forward unless as a wing back he has no business seeing too much gametime for us. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 9:09pm
When better players come along so be it. Will be waiting a while I reckon.

You'd be deluded to think his time is up.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 10:04pm

When better players come along so be it. Will be waiting a while I reckon.

You'd be deluded to think his time is up.

I’d agree as a wing back. No business with him playing as a winger going forward. Stoke didn’t even play him as a winger. Suited as a wing back  you are more likely to get away with his technical deficiencies with him playing that role more about legs aggressiveness and putting a shift in that role. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 10:10pm

Clap
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 11:08am
some amount of bile here for one of our ownffs.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Hardly bile. Mcclean is sabotaging his club career and putting his international place under threat with his pointless crusading.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Hardly bile. Mcclean is sabotaging his club career and putting his international place under threat with his pointless crusading.

By putting up a social media post saying "beg me"? Come off it ffs, you have no idea what is going on behind closed doors between him and stoke. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:21pm
But it should be looked at it this way. The 'fans' who choose to engage with McClean are undoubtedly the types obsessed with 'PC', 'Cancel 'Woke' Culture. Obsess over 'snowflakes', and believe that banter is dead. The problem is, the have no interest in mutuality, and as a result dog pile on McClean, even though it exposes their own contradictions, and their own hypocrisies. They are not arguing in good faith, and they are certainly using it as a way of satisfying their own prejudices, against a lad who willingly stands up to bullying. Dont forget, most of the types who abuse him online would have been England fans until around 10:45pm on Sunday night, when they found a new object of their hatred, in the three excellent young lads who represented their country, and did more than any of twitter mob have, by having the courage and fibre to take a penalty, and perhaps achieve something great, which is undoubtedly on behalf of a nation.

McClean is one of the good guys. He is one of those guys who continues to see playing for his country as a high honour, and will crawl over hot coals to do so. It upsets him when Ireland lose, and it is a representation of fans views. His professionalism is unparalleled and given contemporary football he has been a go-to-guy for a number of managers with similar philosophies. It should also be noted that he had the backing of all Irish managers since he moved from Derry, and that counts for something. Simply put, he deserves our support in the face of unbelievable hostility from the mob of twitter bigots and hypocrites.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 465>
  Share Topic