Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 465>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Not blaming him but if you have a choice where you can work did it not cross his mind , that's what i am saying .

Not blaming him yet blaming him.

Maybe not put in how i wanted to say this .

Again maybe was it when he was at Wigan or before when a lot of haterd kicked off with Poppygate .

I do understand what he was putting out there but you will never and i mean never get the Kuckledraggers to see it his way .

Twitter and the likes how many times was he dragged into this when he should have stepped away , how many times has people said to him leave socal media alone and yet he is back again .

Yes the pic with the kids at home was mad , did anyone think he went too far , well maybe his club who fines him 2 weeks wages .

You have youhave to learn from your mistakes but James keeps going back to the same ones again and again .

Was he ever offered a job outsde of the UK , I am not sure but if he took a job at say 10 years ago not of what has gone on would really made headlines .

Going back 30 years i remember working in Irish bars in North London and the hate for the English was really bad , always made me think if you hate it so much why don't you leave .

I have always loved James even thou you may not think so .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Also anyone who does not want abuse online can just get off twiiter or Instagram or whatever. No one is forcing them to stay. Im not specifically talking about James on this. Anyone. 

I don't the bullets in the post came via social media.

Well if your putting videos up putting on balaclavas etc then you are going to get cop some flack. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Finally seeing support from some of his fellow and former teammates. What the fock took so long?

I'd love to know what he thinks of the lack of support he received from team-mates, both club and international. 

Meyler has come out and said he didn't support him at the time like he should even though he considered him a good friend because he didn't want it turned on his own family. Which is a legitimate reason to be fair, everyone's family will come first.

Always felt that the FAI should have been more vocal in their tackling the issue.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:12pm

Also anyone who does not want abuse online can just get off twiiter or Instagram or whatever. No one is forcing them to stay. Im not specifically talking about James on this. Anyone. 

Well if your putting videos up putting on balaclavas etc then you are going to get cop some flack. 
Yeah bullets in the post and death threats constitute ‘copping some flack’...Confused
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:12pm
Easy for Meyler to say that now that he's retired. They probably just think he's a gobsh*te in reality and he should keep his mouth shut. From my experience, anyone who goes on about the RA, republicanism, all that nonsense, is an utter twat and best avoided. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:13pm

Copping some flak equals bullets in the post? 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Easy for Meyler to say that now that he's retired. They probably just think he's a gobsh*te in reality and he should keep his mouth shut. From my experience, anyone who goes on about the RA, republicanism, all that nonsense, is an utter twat and best avoided. 

Wow, just wow. I literally don't know where to start replying to that.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:19pm

Wow, just wow. I literally don't know where to start replying to that.
The second half of his username is very much applicable.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:20pm

Well if you’re abused and receive death threats daily for 8 years straight then you are going to lash out with some ill advised responses. 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:26pm
Ya but he could choose to just get away from all the hatred. Leave twitter and Instagram behind. You can still choose to have your principles, play your football and get on with life . Hes always going to receive abuse online as long as there is a platform. If i was him id just get away from it all.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:34pm

Easy for Meyler to say that now that he's retired. They probably just think he's a gobsh*te in reality and he should keep his mouth shut. From my experience, anyone who goes on about the RA, republicanism, all that nonsense, is an utter twat and best avoided

Lots of people outing themselves as clowns today over this. Irish Republicanism is a legitimate political aspiration to have. It's grounded in a complex, nuanced, history of the Irish people. (I can recommend some excellent reading for beginners on the subject if you want).

Once you get past the predictable saber rattling of the uneducated minority, there many practical and economically beneficial reasons why lots of people would advocate for political unity, on the island, me included. To dismiss that as 'nonsense' and those of us who hold those political beliefs as 'twats' speaks volumes to your level or education.

As for McClean, by and large, he has articulated very well why he also holds these beliefs. He's clearly had the odd social media faux pas, but nothing he has said or done justifies he or his family recieving death threats. The is all very straight forward folks 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

James McClean is 100% spot on
It's sad he doesn't get the support
God forbid I'm worried that it's gonna take something terrible to happen for things to even remotely begin to change

I wish you could support his fellow Derryman Shane Duffy and not come into that thread calling him all sorts of insults for playing crap for Celtic. OuchClown
It would damage this forums' reputation
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:38pm

You bring shame upon the name of Garett Farellys nutsack 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

You bring shame upon the name of Garett Farellys nutsack 

Oh the places me and Gar have been it can't get much lower believe me
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:45pm

Ya but he could choose to just get away from all the hatred. Leave twitter and Instagram behind. You can still choose to have your principles, play your football and get on with life . Hes always going to receive abuse online as long as there is a platform. If i was him id just get away from it all.
And what do you suggest about the hate mail he receives to his home & club? 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Easy for Meyler to say that now that he's retired. They probably just think he's a gobsh*te in reality and he should keep his mouth shut. From my experience, anyone who goes on about the RA, republicanism, all that nonsense, is an utter twat and best avoided

Lots of people outing themselves as clowns today over this. Irish Republicanism is a legitimate political aspiration to have. It's grounded in a complex, nuanced, history of the Irish people. (I can recommend some excellent reading for beginners on the subject if you want).

Once you get past the predictable saber rattling of the uneducated minority, there many practical and economically beneficial reasons why lots of people would advocate for political unity, on the island, me included. To dismiss that as 'nonsense' and those of us who hold those political beliefs as 'twats' speaks volumes to your level or education.

As for McClean, by and large, he has articulated very well why he also holds these beliefs. He's clearly had the odd social media faux pas, but nothing he has said or done justifies he or his family recieving death threats. The is all very straight forward folks 

You can want a united Ireland and have no time for the RA. Having said that, people can say violence gets you nowhere, but that's just obviously untrue in relation to the North.

The worst RA heads are those born post good Friday agreement or were in single age digits at the time.... and from the Republic. These lads are just cringy to be honest. 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

And what do you suggest about the hate mail he receives to his home & club? 

What is there to suggest. I cant stop it. Maybe if he pulled himself away from the limelight he might not get as much hate mail. The world is full of idiot gobsh1tes.

Edited by doherty - 16 Feb 2021 at 1:05pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

You can want a united Ireland and have no time for the RA. Having said that, people can say violence gets you nowhere, but that's just obviously untrue in relation to the North.

The worst RA heads are those born post good Friday agreement or were in single age digits at the time.... and from the Republic. These lads are just cringy to be honest. 

At the same time, Brexit has brought the chances of a united Ireland closer than the ra ever did

Up the Brexit

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Feb 2021 at 1:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 465>
  Share Topic