You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 377378379380381 465>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Hunt is a complete clown and no surprise now he’s robbing a living as a football agent. Breen is supposed to be an impartial pundit but he has let his past relationship with McCarthy get in the way. He also spent a few months last year deflecting from the issues within the FAI. Hunt defended Delaney too plenty last year after the ship had sailed Ouch

Whether or not McClean was right to sound them out is another story but he’s not the only one that realises they are sh*te talkers.

What exactly did Breen say that warrants that response? Have I missed something? 

He was broadly negative about the prospects of the team under Kenny but he would be happy if he’s wrong... it was more the overall tone of his appearance on Off The Ball last Sunday

I don't think he was broadly negative and I listened to the whole thing. Thought he was pretty balanced as the quotes show.

So it's basically nothing he actually said, just what someone took from his demeanor? Laugahable if that's the case.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:04pm

Hunt is a complete clown and no surprise now he’s robbing a living as a football agent. Breen is supposed to be an impartial pundit but he has let his past relationship with McCarthy get in the way. He also spent a few months last year deflecting from the issues within the FAI. Hunt defended Delaney too plenty last year after the ship had sailed Ouch

Whether or not McClean was right to sound them out is another story but he’s not the only one that realises they are sh*te talkers.

What exactly did Breen say that warrants that response? Have I missed something? 

He was broadly negative about the prospects of the team under Kenny but he would be happy if he’s wrong... it was more the overall tone of his appearance on Off The Ball last Sunday

I don't think he was broadly negative and I listened to the whole thing. Thought he was pretty balanced as the quotes show.

So it's basically nothing he actually said, just what someone took from his demeanor? Laugahable if that's the case.

Fair enough but it was the tone I got from it at the time. Looking at the quotes in below article supports your assessment 

"People are putting a lot of faith in Stephen," he remarked of the widespread support Kenny's appointment has generated, "but he hasn't the CV to warrant that.

"Everyone keeps talking about Dundalk, but he has failed elsewhere. He has still a lot to prove so don't build him up so much and give him some time."

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He can defend Kenny without having an unnecessary pop at Hunt, regardless of whether he is correct or not. It makes him look foolish.

Exactly. I'm happy one of our senior players is defending our new manager but it's poor form to have a go at Hunt like that. 

I loved Hunt when he played for us. Great energy and wound up the opposition and I do remember him being a decent crosser when he whipped it in high from the left with plenty of pace. Better than McClean could anyway LOL 
Hunt was a **** to McClean when he came into the squad because he feared for his place. 

Have a google. He’s a clown of the highest order.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:43pm
Wasn't Hunt a **** to Stephen Ireland as well ? McClean would obviously be made of sterner stuff but this sort of behaviour within a team is very poor. McClean will have a high opinion of Kenny for bringing him through at Derry City prior to his move to the Premiership with Sunderland , where Martin O'Neill gave him his chance . Others in the national squad who have played for him , e.g. Aaron Connolly , likewise speak highly of him .
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Second time during the lockdown period that McClean has been in the media for unnecessary reasons. Breen is well liked amongst Irish fans, and he drew some assumptions. 

He’s well liked amongst fans? Are these people on 1st name terms with him and who are they? 

Have you heard him on his media duties?

The consensus of fans is that Breen is well regarded. I can’t speak to facts and figures but he has always had the liking of Irish fans.
so much so, they wanted a team of Gary Breens😱😱
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Wasn't Hunt a **** to Stephen Ireland as well ? McClean would obviously be made of sterner stuff but this sort of behaviour within a team is very poor. McClean will have a high opinion of Kenny for bringing him through at Derry City prior to his move to the Premiership with Sunderland , where Martin O'Neill gave him his chance . Others in the national squad who have played for him , e.g. Aaron Connolly , likewise speak highly of him .
Yeah, he was. The man became an agent on retiring, he is definitely a ****.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:54pm
Think he went a bit two footed in on Breen...if you read his comments he actually said he's excited for Kenny to come in. I thought the 'hes spent too long in England' jab was below the belt. Insinuating that he isn't properly Irish which is bad form. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:58pm
Thought he was a publican for awhile but if he was a cxxt to Stephen Ireland than good for him. 

Didn't know he was like that to McClean so there's obviously a bit of history there regarding McClean's comments about Hunt.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 6:59pm

He can defend Kenny without having an unnecessary pop at Hunt, regardless of whether he is correct or not. It makes him look foolish.

Exactly. I'm happy one of our senior players is defending our new manager but it's poor form to have a go at Hunt like that. 

I loved Hunt when he played for us. Great energy and wound up the opposition and I do remember him being a decent crosser when he whipped it in high from the left with plenty of pace. Better than McClean could anyway LOL 
Hunt was a **** to McClean when he came into the squad because he feared for his place. 

Have a google. He’s a clown of the highest order.

I liked Hunt as a player, he is a thoroughly dislikable person though.
We're decent enough..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Think he went a bit two footed in on Breen...if you read his comments he actually said he's excited for Kenny to come in. I thought the 'hes spent too long in England' jab was below the belt. Insinuating that he isn't properly Irish which is bad form. 

His comments on Kenny would suggest he's not particularly up to date on LOI football though, which is what McClean was getting at.
We're decent enough..
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:02pm
Breen can come across quite aggressive make making his points. Noticed that in past discussions it’s like he is in an argument with the interviewer. People might take that as maybe a bit more negative than perhaps he is actually being 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:06pm
Let the manager deal with dissenting opinions, or speak on behalf of the manager with your performances on the pitch.

McClean didn't provide one good performance in the last campaign for Ireland, but feels the need to tell everyone whos opinion matters and whose doesn't on the basis of sporting achievements. Absolutely bizarre.

His ability is not worth the negativity and the media circus which he encourages.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:07pm

Thought he was a publican for awhile but if he was a cxxt to Stephen Ireland than good for him. 

Didn't know he was like that to McClean so there's obviously a bit of history there regarding McClean's comments about Hunt.
Ireland has a bag of issues and was a young lad who got too much too young and was badly advised. I don't expect Ireland fans to have sympathy for him, actions have reactions, but he deserves some understanding. 
He played the best football of his career when Sven had him going to get help every week. It's a massive shame as he is one of the most talented players we have produced.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:11pm
Joey O’Brien and Ireland were two major losses to Ireland. The right hand side would have been secure for over a decade had we had them.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:22pm

Fair enough but it was the tone I got from it at the time. Looking at the quotes in below article supports your assessment 

"People are putting a lot of faith in Stephen," he remarked of the widespread support Kenny's appointment has generated, "but he hasn't the CV to warrant that.

"Everyone keeps talking about Dundalk, but he has failed elsewhere. He has still a lot to prove so don't build him up so much and give him some time."

Yeah. I'm a huge Kenny fan but I think it's fair comment. Said before on here that Kenny struggled with the expectation and pressure at both Bohs and Rovers and that'll be ramped up massively with Ireland. His time at Dunfermeline was very miixed. Think he's developed since then but there's nothing factually incorrect in what Breen has said. It seemed to get whipped up on twitter into something it wasn't and I think that's what McClean picked up on. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Breen can come across quite aggressive make making his points. Noticed that in past discussions it’s like he is in an argument with the interviewer. People might take that as maybe a bit more negative than perhaps he is actually being 

He did so becuase he got into a bit of a disagreement with Damien Delaney. But it was fine, just a bit of a robust debate.

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:40pm
Stephen Hunt is a half a head half a brain annoying clown. I remember him being on the late late years ago and was amazed at how brain dead he was. I actually thought he was suffering from concussion. Didn’t he hold down Stephen Ireland and start pulling his hair which started the whole granny gate thing. Sounds like a bully. Him and his brother are two of the most detestable ****s I can ever remember playing for us
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:41pm

Ireland has a bag of issues and was a young lad who got too much too young and was badly advised. I don't expect Ireland fans to have sympathy for him, actions have reactions, but he deserves some understanding. Fxxk him. Even if he was badly advised and had mental health issues, he has to take responsibility at some stage for his own conduct and behaviour when it came to the national team. It wasn't like it was one incident with him either. His girlfriend and father giving media interviews with a 'will he won't he' saga over a few years along with his mixed signals on making himself available for selection . Whatever about us as fickle supporters, a succession of different Irish managers had issues with him. He's a toxic cxxt. 

He played the best football of his career when Sven had him going to get help every week. It's a massive shame as he is one of the most talented players we have produced. He was one of our most intelligent players when it came to positioning in midfield that I ever seen. He was a huge loss to the national team and would've been an even more valuable player for us for years to come. 

If there's a feather in his cap, he saved us from an equally embarrassing Liechtenstein draw in San Marino.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 377378379380381 465>
  Share Topic