You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 465>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebediah Springfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:58pm
As abhorrent as any kind of discriminatory abuse is, he is putting his hand out for it by doing stupid things like this, and can have no complaints when he inevitably gets more next time he's playing.

Just because someone is a footballer doesn't give them carte blanche to act the d!ck. Embarrassing and something that should be condemned to the past. Very immature looking for a cheap laugh.
Suffering weather-wise
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Fined two weeks wages by Stoke. I like McClean but you have to question what's between his ears. He's just handed away the moral high ground he finally seemed to be getting support for. 
I can’t disagree. He has handled the situation and abuse brilliantly, if emotionally, up to now. He has just handed those that abuse him a genuine reason, or excuse, if you want, for doing it. He can’t even blame the booze for his stupidity! Absolutely astounding from him! I’m not sure of the legal aspects of contracts in the game, but I would imagine he is very lucky not to have had his contract ripped up.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:14pm
Hope he leaves Stoke this summer
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:24pm
Suprised how many defending him, its a unbelievably stupid move afer finally appearing to be getting some support in relation to the abuse he gets. Unfortunately in the eyes of the bandwagon '' but he hates the queen brigade '' he can do no wrong 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:31pm
Idiotic behaviour.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:33pm
Funny, but definitely idiotic.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

And go where? Back to Ireland? Europe?
He'll have the exact same problems with most British fans wherever he goes.

I've been a big fan since he came to Stoke, but this weeks twit is just incredibly stupid. He had finally begun to win over many doubting Stoke fans, with his performances since MoN came in.

Hopefully it'll be long forgotten by the time football resumes in earnest next season.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Suprised how many defending him, its a unbelievably stupid move afer finally appearing to be getting some support in relation to the abuse he gets. Unfortunately in the eyes of the bandwagon '' but he hates the queen brigade '' he can do no wrong 

Can you imagine the reaction of the Hates The Queen Brigade if eg an NI player tweeted a photo of himself with flute and sash entitled "Music Lesson"?

The vitriol and abuse would be in directly inverse proportion to the "Sure it was only a joke" reaction they're giving McClean.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

I've been a big fan since he came to Stoke, but this weeks twit is just incredibly stupid. He had finally begun to win over many doubting Stoke fans, with his performances since MoN came in.

Hopefully it'll be long forgotten by the time football resumes in earnest next season.

Celtic or Hibs
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 2:54pm

jesus, clubs would do anything to save money these days.. thats money they can give to 'non playing staff'
Come on Irelind
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

anyone else it’s a joke. James and he is supporting the RA
Has it ever occurred to you that there might be a reason for that? I mean, his past history of outright and public sympathy for hardline Republicanism?

There was the time when he was completing one of those favourite places/foods/actors questionnaires for an Irish website and when it came to favourite song, out of all the very many famous songs associated with his home city, he chose "Back Home in Derry", allegedly written by Bobby Sands.

Or there's the Free Derry Tattoo. And the public appearances with Martin McGuinness around the time of the Irish Presidential election. Or turning his back on the UJ out in the USA when GSTQ was being played in honour of the visiting team, WBA. Or the announcement on Twitter of "another wee Fenian" in the world following the birth of his child.

His refusal to wear the Poppy is one thing - and he never deserved the abuse he got for that - but this sort of behaviour is quite something else. Indeed, it is hard to recall many other prominent footballers who have so clearly associated themselves with an extreme political viewpoint. Paolo di Canio and Fascism perhaps?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:13pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

anyone else it’s a joke. James and he is supporting the RA
Has it ever occurred to you that there might be a reason for that? I mean, his past history of outright and public sympathy for hardline Republicanism?

There was the time when he was completing one of those favourite places/foods/actors questionnaires for an Irish website and when it came to favourite song, out of all the very many famous songs associated with his home city, he chose "Back Home in Derry", allegedly written by Bobby Sands.

Or there's the Free Derry Tattoo. And the public appearances with Martin McGuinness around the time of the Irish Presidential election. Or turning his back on the UJ out in the USA when GSTQ was being played in honour of the visiting team, WBA. Or the announcement on Twitter of "another wee Fenian" in the world following the birth of his child.

His refusal to wear the Poppy is one thing - and he never deserved the abuse he got for that - but this sort of behaviour is quite something else. Indeed, it is hard to recall many other prominent footballers who have so clearly associated themselves with an extreme political viewpoint. Paolo di Canio and Fascism perhaps?
Andy Goram Shocked Ah But sure none of them uns would be so bold
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Can you imagine the reaction of the Hates The Queen Brigade if eg an NI player tweeted a photo of himself with flute and sash entitled "Music Lesson"?

The vitriol and abuse would be in directly inverse proportion to the "Sure it was only a joke" reaction they're giving McClean.
Maybe just pop on to other forums, you know the other side of the divide forums to see the vitriol you speak of Wink
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:24pm
If he sticks around in the UK the abuse he has received so far will seem mild (f*ck the Ira, No surrender to the Ira chants etc)

Listen he loves a wind up and i love having him in our squad but he cant moan about their being a reaction to this. 

He will seamlessly replace Johnny Hayes in the Celtic squad.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Celtic or Hibs
Hibs!?!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

If he sticks around in the UK the abuse he has received so far will seem mild (f*ck the Ira, No surrender to the Ira chants etc)

Listen he loves a wind up and i love having him in our squad but he cant moan about their being a reaction to this. 

He will seamlessly replace Johnny Hayes in the Celtic squad.

Even from a footballing perspective I would prefer Hayes. I think Hayes gets unnecessary stick at Celtic; he is a committed, if limited, player who gives his all and can play in a few different positions. The off the field stuff would just make it even more complicated.

It is difficult to understand what was going through his head here, it can’t have been much!
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:29pm
he really is a stupid ***t

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 465>
  Share Topic