You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 465>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He relies and grit and determination... but we all know that's not enough.

It was enough against Wales in Cardiff, Austria in Vienna and Italy in Lille.  

McClean was a huge player in all three of those games. 

Scoring a goal doesnt mean your overall performance and contribution was even good.

If mcclean scores a goal in a game but gives the ball away 25 times in the same game, is he still a huge player?
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

There is no player on that field tonight left anything behind themselves. A lot of posters on here ate disgraceful and should take a lions look at themselves.

Yeah fully agree. He had a decent game. He is what he is. We know what he doesn't have in the locker but he should be praises for what he does have. No one works harder and that determination at the end to beat Erickson to ball showed it
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:08pm
this was the best football forum I was ever on but it’s been destroyed by 5 or 6 absolute gobsh*tes he spam non stop with pure bile for the Irish team and management and it’s time the nods sorted it out.

I don’t mind debate but personal attacks are way out of line.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:13pm
Worst player in the pitch tonight.
All the other players were brilliant.
He was what he is.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:15pm
I’ll take that as a joke !!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:16pm

this was the best football forum I was ever on but it’s been destroyed by 5 or 6 absolute gobsh*tes he spam non stop with pure bile for the Irish team and management and it’s time the nods sorted it out.

I don’t mind debate but personal attacks are way out of line.

Hold up a second there Tommy, you can't call people gobsh*te's and then say personal attacks are out of line.

Name the posters also? Especially if you feel so strongly about it.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:19pm
In terms of his use of the ball he may have been the worst, but in other aspects he was great. I'm along way from a McClean enthusiast (he's incredibly limited), but I couldn't criticise his (or anyone elses) performance tonight. The team was outstanding and were incredibly unlucky not to win, we outplayed Denmark in every facet of the game. 

Gufct is bang on the money, there is a cohort of naysayers continually bringing the forum down with repetitive negativity and criticism. They seem to take no pleasure in anything but Ireland struggling, which makes it all the more baffling that they are regular posters on a supposed supporters forum.
We're decent enough..
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:24pm

I’ll take that as a joke !!!
Take it whatever way you want.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:35pm
He had a 7/10 performance and for for this campaign, probably his best. I personally don’t think it’s good enough for what we need but i am basing that off a blinded thought that what we have coming up are better than what we have, which often turns out to not be the case in the end!
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:22am
all credit to him for tracking back but for me I prefer my wingers to create chances and maybe score the odd goal not have to be the last man back

So many times he made me nearly flip my lid tonight

The needless foul at 0-1
So many sh*t crosses
Not being able to look up and pick a pass

It’s amazing that we forego starting players absolutely flying in the Premier League and Championship to play this guy who is now a bit part player at the bottom of the Championship. The mind boggles
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:46am
Just a taller Stephen Hunt.
He kills our team because he cant hold possession.
Big  fan of his attitude and work rate but I wouldnt have him near our starting team. Theres an arguement to be made for using him as an impact sub.
Some people will always be blinded by work rate and passion.
Hes been one of our worst players this campaign.

Edited by JH91 - 19 Nov 2019 at 3:47am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

19 possessions lost, found none of his team mates with his 4 crosses and had the worst passing percentage in the opposition half with 52.3% of 23 passes completed.

Robbed off Twitter.

He needs to be dropped as a starter and used as an impact player.

Really need a bit more guile on the left hand side, Connolly or Robinson perhaps for the play-offs!

And it was still an improved performance than the one he gave in Georgia. Those are damning stats though.

Could have a huge part to play as an impact sub going forward. I fail to see how he'll be part of Kenny's starting XI plans.

Can't fault his work-rate, which was summed up in the last few minutes when he ran back to take the ball off a Danish player who was clean through. But the sooner that an attribute like "high work-rate" is used as a positive measure of performance for our players, the better.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:37am
Can someone back up these stats as facts?  The source seems to be some lad on twitter. Very relaible.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:45am
The play off semi final could be his last cap
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The play off semi final could be his last cap

Why so?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:53am
I wouldn’t predict the demise of his international career so readily.

The idea that Kenny is going to kybosh of load of senior players has no basis whatsoever, and I expect a clean slate. McClean will undoubtedly be considered for the qualities he has, and I would expect him to remain in the squad.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:55am
thought he had a decent game,

The 50% pass stat is such bollicks tbh. That’s based on crosses. He sticks the ball in the mixer. That’s what he does. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I wouldn’t predict the demise of his international career so readily.

The idea that Kenny is going to kybosh of load of senior players has no basis whatsoever, and I expect a clean slate. McClean will undoubtedly be considered for the qualities he has, and I would expect him to remain in the squad.

Kenny gave him his chance at Derry and was close with him when he made the move across the water. They still have a good relationship. I don't expect McClean to be a starter but he may well be initially before being phased out and used as a sub.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 358359360361362 465>
  Share Topic