You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327328 465>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Shouldn't be near our starting eleven? Who, aside from Brady, and that is a serious debate, should be ahead of him?
The fact that there is only one player that can be argued should start ahead of him means he will remain either in our starting eleven or very, very close to it.

Daryl Horgan is a better footballer and can pass the Ball and show some composure on the ball. Not a headless chicken booting the ball away every time he gets it or running off teh pitch with the ball. 

Horgan cant get a game for Preston!

When has that ever been a benchmark for Ireland inclusion? LOL 
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Sponsored Links

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:49pm

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Shouldn't be near our starting eleven? Who, aside from Brady, and that is a serious debate, should be ahead of him?
The fact that there is only one player that can be argued should start ahead of him means he will remain either in our starting eleven or very, very close to it.

Daryl Horgan is a better footballer and can pass the Ball and show some composure on the ball. Not a headless chicken booting the ball away every time he gets it or running off teh pitch with the ball. 

Horgan cant get a game for Preston!

When has that ever been a benchmark for Ireland inclusion? LOL 

That is very true
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

That’s not fully true. 

Motor skills are developed at a young age . Congnitive skills are different altogether. 

Motor skills such as driving, flying a plane, learning a martial art etc etc are regularly achieved in adulthood; as I said, it is not as easy, but nor is there a discrete cut-off point for improvement.

Motor skills don’t mean using a motor you lunatic LOL

Are you for real? Motor skills involve movement and coordination, all of which are required driving, crafts, etc.

If you want a specific football example, look at Didier Drogba. He had the first touch of a brick wall until he was 29/30, but lo-and-behold he improved it through hard work.
We're decent enough..
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:35pm
No great fan of McClean, but i wouldnt have Brady ahead of him. Wouldn't have Brady near the team. He's been dining out on that Italian goal for 2 years now. His dead ball ability has gone to sh*te, which, if we're being honest, is pretty much why he was getting in the starting 11.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:46pm
Brady’s poor performances are almost completely down to the fact that he is a left winger playing in central midfield in a team that has no f**king game plan.

He’s mostly playing out of posistion so that McClean can be accommodated anyway. 

Take James McClean out of the team and you’ll see an improvement in Robbie Brady’s performances. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:54pm
He's far from a good player McClean, and his basic technique at times is shocking, but take him out of the team and we wouldn't have got near a play off spot in the last qualifying campaign.
Like most positions, we're not exactly blessed with great alternatives.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 4:33pm
would rather a 4-3-3 with either brady/Robinson - maguire/long - o'dowda
  in front of 1 holding midfielder, and two more advanced midfielders. Think mcClean just holds us back, his first touch in recent games for us has been shocking, but can never doubt his desire and commitment 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
There's some amount of crap posted here...sure he isn't the most technically gifted lad in the world but neither is Robbie Brady, Hendrick or golden balls Coleman. The lads got a great attitude and probably offered more than the rest combined in last campaign. we wouldn't have sniffed a playoff without him. I just can't decide if this is a west Brit thing or an anti nordie thing.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

There's some amount of crap posted here...sure he isn't the most technically gifted lad in the world but neither is Robbie Brady, Hendrick or golden balls Coleman. The lads got a great attitude and probably offered more than the rest combined in last campaign. we wouldn't have sniffed a playoff without him. I just can't decide if this is a west Brit thing or an anti nordie thing.

Coleman, Hendrick, and Brady are streets ahead of McClean, they aren't even comparable. Skill-wise McClean is probably an upper-L1/lower-Championship player; fortunately for him he's a top class athlete, which makes up for some of those deficiencies.
We're decent enough..
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

I'm from near derry, love seeing duffy do well, nothing to do with where he's from, embarrassing statement. More to do with the fact he isn't even close technically to the players you listed. noone doubts his attitude.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He's far from a good player McClean, and his basic technique at times is shocking, but take him out of the team and we wouldn't have got near a play off spot in the last qualifying campaign.
Like most positions, we're not exactly blessed with great alternatives.
Is the correct answer.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:31pm
James gives 100% for us when he puts on the green jersey a few of the others could learn a bit from him. His will and desire wins for me and he popped up with a couple of goals in important games. Has to be a starter. 🇮🇪
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 9:28pm
Do you have to clatter into someone in the first 5 minutes and chase down every lost ball to show how much you care about the national side?
You can see from the Croatian lads how much pride they have in playing for their country but they add game intelligence to the mix. You don’t see them running after hopeless causes or make unnecessary tackles.
McClean over compensates in physical effort to mask his technical deficiencies. Effort only beats talent when talent doesn’t try! 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 9:35pm
He was our top goal scorer in the last campaign.

This can't be ignored, I think O'Neill will find a place for him in the team either way.

Edited by horsebox - 07 Aug 2018 at 9:36pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 9:41pm
Could McClean play as a striker? Genuine question.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Do you have to clatter into someone in the first 5 minutes and chase down every lost ball to show how much you care about the national side?
You can see from the Croatian lads how much pride they have in playing for their country but they add game intelligence to the mix. You don’t see them running after hopeless causes or make unnecessary tackles.
McClean over compensates in physical effort to mask his technical deficiencies. Effort only beats talent when talent doesn’t try! 

Exactly. He gets much applause from the crowd for his crunching tackles. I’d say over half the time he’s only tackling because he lost the ball in the first place. 
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:05pm
Some head bangers in here... 

As said, he dragged us to a playoff. Think about that before posting drivel ffs. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Some head bangers in here... 

As said, he dragged us to a playoff. Think about that before posting drivel ffs. 

Can we not have opinions? Robbie Keane dragged us through ten years worth of qualifying campaigns and some people complained about him. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327328 465>
  Share Topic