You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 465>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:27am
Link should be working nowThumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Did Gary Neville get a formal warning from the FA for running 90 yards to celebrate in front of the Liverpool fans a few seasons back? Ridiculous over reaction from the English media and the FA.

Exacty. I actually couldn't believe it when I saw the full footage of the incident - one little fist pump and he then turned to walk towards the tunnel. Asbolutely nothing would have come of it if it wasn't for Danny Graham moving faster then we've seen him do all season to get over and cause sh*t.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by gaelicbhoy gaelicbhoy wrote:

At least James is sticking to his principles.

The abuse he got on Saturday would be nothing compared to the abuse he would get for the rest of his life or even his family back in Derry if he wore a poppy
And what does that say about the people in Derry who would abuse him?

Unless they believe the right to wear the Poppy should be overwritten by the right not to wear it?

Anyhow, as regards the weekend, I have long thought that football fans who give it out, should also have to take it in return, even when it is an obvious "f**k you" in the form of a fistpump.

What I thought was more significant was the reaction of the Sunderland players, some of whom at least clearly dislike their former teammate.

What goes around comes around, eh Shame-Us?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 10:38am
Im sure he's worried that Danny Graham doesn't like him, and the rest of next seasons Championship squad (which is probably untrue anyway)

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Oct 2015 at 10:39am
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 11:00am
says more about some peoples mentality when they wet the bed over him celebrating to a bunch of away fans who abused him the entire match.

Also the poppy story is yet more media hype over a non story. Ive never wore one, never will wear one, but ive no bother with anyone wanting to wear it. What i do have a problem with is being forced to honor it. 

The brits are good at using words like freedom, justice, democracy, rights etc. but love to force their opinions and beliefs onto others and expect them to like it.
put em under pressure!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 11:04am
Its beyond a joke now that the same people are getting "offended" over his annual statement and very valid reasoning that goes with it, for not wearing a poppy on his shirt. Why is this still a story?

Gregory Campbell's appearance on the Nolan show to discuss this matter is imminent I would imagine. 

Meanwhile Wee Willie Frazer has posted a photo on Facebook today of McClean in a West Brom kit with a balaclava on and armalite in his hand

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Oct 2015 at 11:04am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its beyond a joke now that the same people are getting "offended" over his annual statement and very valid reasoning that goes with it, for not wearing a poppy on his shirt. Why is this still a story?

Gregory Campbell's appearance on the Nolan show to discuss this matter is imminent I would imagine. 

Meanwhile Wee Willie Frazer has posted a photo on Facebook today of McClean in a West Brom kit with a balaclava on and armalite in his hand

Frazer makes me laugh, i love him video posts on FB cause he makes a complete bell end of himself. LOL the man does more harm everytime he posts something. He needs to post more lol

put em under pressure!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 1:42pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 4:47pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 5:02pm
The ex-Black Cats winger punched the air at full-time in front of the away fans and was confronted by Sunderland players with a fight breaking out.

hes such a terrible person, punching the air. Nasty man. Embarrassed and he didnt start the fight, it was the sunderland players who caused it.
put em under pressure!
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 6:18pm
Wee Wullie hasn't a clue. It's comedy gold every time he posts a video.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Song written by myself and Ciaran Warfield

Love it. The lhads up home tagged me on it in fb. Very good
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Thanks man. Thumbs Up

We've received great feedback on it and will feature it in upcoming Catalpa gigs. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 7:49pm

Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Thanks man. Thumbs Up

We've received great feedback on it and will feature it in upcoming Catalpa gigs. 
well done FW and co.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Bally O Telly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bally O Telly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 10:03pm
Humongous thread about it on the Sunderland forum.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mcclean.1148121/

This gave me a chuckle.

I have got a problem with some overpaid arsehole goading our fans at the final whistle over a win that the ref gave them, and then ignoring his manager calling him "not the sharpest tool in the box" by posting a picture of him doing that on Twitter

LOL
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 10:45pm
Fist pumping my arrse, this is how you do it... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7657Hb27K4c

MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 10:28am
Got man of the match yesterday and the winning assist
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
Danny Invincible View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Invincible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 6:24pm
Was that James first competitive assist of the season? Fans seem to be behind him as well and are really appreciating his overall input and work-rate. Great to see.

With poppy-mania fast approaching its climax again, I wrote a piece about James' principled stance, suggestions that he is in need of a history lesson, the nature and meaning of the symbol (especially in respect of the north of Ireland) and the episode with the Sunderland fans and players last weekend. You can read it here, if interested: https://danieldcollins.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/james-and-the-giant-poppy-episode-three/

Any comment or criticism most welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 465>
  Share Topic