You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 465>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:26pm
Think the Pulis comments are a bit blown out of proportion.

He's a Welsh catholic, he has much interest in GSTQ as McClean does, he just doesn't like the attention unlike his counterpart - He only stated that James can be a bit thick and easily reacts, there's nothing wrong with that because it's true LOL 

The media unsurprisingly highlighted the 'Isn't the sharpest tool in the box' line and completely forgot what he said afterwards about praising McClean for having a good game and settling at the club fast.
Sponsored Links

dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:31pm
typical non story from the english media. Over react to anything and everything.

put em under pressure!
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 4:59pm
He hasn't been the sharpest at times in the way he's gone about things, but in this case I'd say fair play to him. He got abused for the whole game - it was good to see a player give a bit back for a change. Some fans think they can dish out as much stick as they want and not even expect a fist pump back.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 5:16pm
Who does he think he is with his fist pumping, John Delaney?

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Think the Pulis comments are a bit blown out of proportion.

He's a Welsh catholic, he has much interest in GSTQ as McClean does, he just doesn't like the attention unlike his counterpart - He only stated that James can be a bit thick and easily reacts, there's nothing wrong with that because it's true LOL 

The media unsurprisingly highlighted the 'Isn't the sharpest tool in the box' line and completely forgot what he said afterwards about praising McClean for having a good game and settling at the club fast.

So do Welsh Catholics (presumably by virtue of being Catholics have no affection whatsoever towards the British monarchy?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 5:30pm
I wish all of our footballers would follow James stance and not wear the poppy. It annoys the sh*t outta me how a lot of Irish people don't get the significance of what it represents.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:02pm
FA has decided not to charge him.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

The Sunderland fans abused him for 90 minutes non stop. West Brom won and he gave a celebratory fist pump towards the away fans. It was a fairly natural reaction.

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:17pm
Ah Trapped I know, I was joking!
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

The Sunderland fans abused him for 90 minutes non stop. West Brom won and he gave a celebratory fist pump towards the away fans. It was a fairly natural reaction.

Did he not have a bit of a walk to get over to them? He seems to be in a separate part of the pitch to everyone else when he d does it.

He just needs to say that he did it, it's no big deal, time to move on.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:32pm

Ah Trapped I know, I was joking!

Embarrassed

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 6:52pm
Football fans and English football fans in particular, can be ridiculous though. Non stop abuse for 90 minutes and compared to what he was getting what he gave back was very tame. I can guarantee they went mental when he gave it back to them. Idiots
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 7:18pm
I am from the area where mcclean is from and to be honest I can see why he doesn't wear the poppy, putting aside his own personal beliefs it would be incredibly difficult for him to wear the poppy and come home to the creggan and be seen in the same way. There are many in the area who suffered great injustices and there are many in the area who would be aghast at mcclean if he wore one. Personally it wouldn't bother me in the slightest but I have to be honest and say I know of many who it would bother and I think that is his main reason for not wearing it- he just hasn't said it publicly because he cant.
And also if the men of WW1 and WW2 died to save us from tyranny, preserve free speech and democracy then is it not ironic that when you use that freedom to make a decision you are treated with such abuse and almost vitriolic hatred?
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 7:45pm
Did Gary Neville get a formal warning from the FA for running 90 yards to celebrate in front of the Liverpool fans a few seasons back? Ridiculous over reaction from the English media and the FA.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 7:53pm
James McClean
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 10:21pm
It was nothing to do with the poppy or how many yards he ran to the away section. Storm in a teacup.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 11:08pm
Song written by myself and Ciaran Warfield

Edited by Sham157 - 20 Oct 2015 at 9:27am
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

https://youtu.be/tZq02UBqtM0

Link not working again
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

https://youtu.be/tZq02UBqtM0

Link not working again

Copy and paste it and it's grand. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 465>
  Share Topic