Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 465>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 10:12am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Legend.

Absolute non story.

+1

Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 10:15am
this is a non story but he is far from being a legend. 

There is only one legend in the Ireland football squad and thats Robbie Keane. 

Misuse of the word legend. 

Mc Clean is an average footballer and should not have started against Poland and had a poor game for us.   Should be used as an impact sub.

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Oct 2015 at 10:17am
AKA pedantic kunt
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

It is blatantly obvious that he has depression. What he does is a form of self harm.

Not clear at all. Yesterday just looked like a man who had got abuse celebrating a win. Maybe a case of being a sore winner but I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Not sure how you can say he's obviously depressed.

It's more of a long term thing. Erratic behaviour, covered in tattoos (low self esteem), unable to contain his anger issues, quite extreme political beliefs. He's been crying out for help for ages.

Let's be honest, when James McClean sells his story to a newspaper about "My Depression Hell", nobody is going to be sitting around thinking, "wow, that's really surprising. He seemed like a guy that really has his life together".

Jesus Christ. Are you trolling here? because that's pure sh*te talk
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 11:26am

It is blatantly obvious that he has depression. What he does is a form of self harm.

Not clear at all. Yesterday just looked like a man who had got abuse celebrating a win. Maybe a case of being a sore winner but I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. Not sure how you can say he's obviously depressed.

It's more of a long term thing. Erratic behaviour, covered in tattoos (low self esteem), unable to contain his anger issues, quite extreme political beliefs. He's been crying out for help for ages.

Let's be honest, when James McClean sells his story to a newspaper about "My Depression Hell", nobody is going to be sitting around thinking, "wow, that's really surprising. He seemed like a guy that really has his life together".

Looking at him on twitter, I think he seems happy. The tattoos make him look like a clown, but loads of footballers have them. They have loads of money, loads of time and are encouraged away from booze and gambling so they all turn to the tattooist needle.

Even some of those South American ultra religious guys have them.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 12:51pm
Terrible attempt at wind up from Landon.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 12:58pm

Jesus Christ haha, I didn't realise we had a resident psycho-analyst on the site LOL What in the name of god do tattoos have to do with depression? Or is is that just some elitist psuedo-scientific deduction? Ditto with political beliefs, firstly how are McClean's "extreme", and even if they were what is the relation to depression in that? Honestly one of the most bizarre posts I have ever seen anywhere on the internet Confused
We're decent enough..
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Jesus Christ haha, I didn't realise we had a resident psycho-analyst on the site LOL What in the name of god do tattoos have to do with depression? Or is is that just some elitist psuedo-scientific deduction? Ditto with political beliefs, firstly how are McClean's "extreme", and even if they were what is the relation to depression in that? Honestly one of the most bizarre posts I have ever seen anywhere on the internet Confused
what an utter bollox post from London but what else would you expect from an utter bollox
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 3:02pm
Ffs, Landy's mummy doesn't listen to him, why would anyone else?
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 6:21pm

People with extreme political beliefs are most likely to have mental health issues. It usually stems from needing a purpose or needing to feel like they are unique or belong to something.

People with a raft of tattoos are very likely to have self esteem issues. They think that the next tattoo will solve their issues and improve themselves. The ritual of the tattoo is also a form of self harm.

McClean has behaved quite erratically over the years and struggles to contain his anger when playing football. Erraticness, anger and control issues are major symptoms of mental health issues.

I would love if they people around him at the club and his "fans" actually helped the guy. Championing him after erratic incident number *** is like buying Paul McGrath a pint.

PS: I support players giving it back to the dregs in the stands.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 18 Oct 2015 at 6:29pm
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 6:24pm
He celebrated a win against his former club by fist pumping. It's a complete non story.

The only issue around what happened was Danny Graham being a sore loser.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 6:30pm
LD, I consider your beliefs to be extreme, your constant need to be contrarian along with your demand for all Arabs need bombing , would suggest mental health issues. Your ability to post arguments that are regularly little more than monosyllabic soundbites, suggests a lack of education and a need for attention, your fascination with what other people do to their bodies, suggests a bizarre superiority complex. This is possibly a result of self esteem issues and by replying to you, I am encouraging your behaviour, largely because I find it f**king hilarious

Edited by pre Madonna - 18 Oct 2015 at 7:16pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 6:32pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 6:46pm

People with extreme political beliefs are most likely to have mental health issues. It usually stems from needing a purpose or needing to feel like they are unique or belong to something.

People with a raft of tattoos are very likely to have self esteem issues. They think that the next tattoo will solve their issues and improve themselves. The ritual of the tattoo is also a form of self harm.

McClean has behaved quite erratically over the years and struggles to contain his anger when playing football. Erraticness, anger and control issues are major symptoms of mental health issues.

I would love if they people around him at the club and his "fans" actually helped the guy. Championing him after erratic incident number *** is like buying Paul McGrath a pint.

PS: I support players giving it back to the dregs in the stands.

What is your definition of extreme? And how exactly do James' political beliefs (which none of us know particularly much about other than him being a Republican) meet this criteria for being extreme?

Tattoos are ubiquitous across societies and time, people have had and will continue to have them for centuries for a variety of reasons ranging from cultural tradition to drunken misadventures, to suggest they are symptomatic of an underlying mental disorder in people who have them is such an utterly sweeping and prejudicial assertion that I'd be more likely to question your mental rationality than anything else.

The final point is equally groundless, if anything McClean has been completely consistent in his behaviour over the last number of years. He has refused to wear a poppy or symbols pertaining to a nation that he believes has subjugated his own, and he has stood by this decision. Where exactly is the "erratic behaviour" in that?
We're decent enough..
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 8:33pm
McClean is depressed because he has tatoos thats the best one ive heard in a long time. Excellent wind up because if you truly believe that then your head is up your hole.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 9:02pm

I think he has a sliver of a point.

I do think you have to be a bit needy to get elaborate haircuts every week and cover yourself from head to toe in garish tattoos.

It's peacocking of the highest order.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 9:03pm
Lets be honest here, the Sunderland fans who fell for his wind up ended up with egg on their face but it was childish from McClean again.

He played really well, yet instead of people talking about that, they will talk about the incident.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2015 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

I think he has a sliver of a point.

I do think you have to be a bit needy to get elaborate haircuts every week and cover yourself from head to toe in garish tattoos.

It's peacocking of the highest order.

"Peacocking" and "depression" are very different things... TBH I think the saddest thing of all is people who get wound up by what others do with their hair/tattoos etc. etc., I don't have any tattoos nor do I want any, but I'm not so stuck up my own a**e as to make spurious judgements about people's reasons for getting them.
We're decent enough..
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

McClean is depressed because he has tatoos thats the best one ive heard in a long time. Excellent wind up because if you truly believe that then your head is up your hole.

No, its a sign of low self esteem, which is sign of depression.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/5095591/Having-tattoos-like-David-Beckham-is-a-sign-of-low-self-esteem.html
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 465>
  Share Topic