You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 465>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Anto Anto wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Very impressive today. Tracking back and chasing down players. Absolutely swashbuckling.
If he keeps this up, he could well be the wildcard for Poland.

Fully agreed!! What a meteoric rise for James McClean Clap I'm very impressed with the fact he looks so comfortable in this environment , he doesn't seem at all fazed which is great to see!

I'm curious to see who will have to make way for him and any new additions to the squad. The likes of Cox and Fahey are probably in trouble. 
fahy and cox will travel, you would like to see lads like andy keogh and mcshane omiited instead.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:59pm
Yes looked good, but it was against Peterborough
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:59pm
Totally agree Stoked up.  I know its only his 3rd start and I know it was only Peterboro today but he's definetly playing his way into contention. Would at least like to see him get a chance in an upcoming friendly
Anto View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Anto Anto wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Very impressive today. Tracking back and chasing down players. Absolutely swashbuckling.
If he keeps this up, he could well be the wildcard for Poland.

Fully agreed!! What a meteoric rise for James McClean Clap I'm very impressed with the fact he looks so comfortable in this environment , he doesn't seem at all fazed which is great to see!

I'm curious to see who will have to make way for him and any new additions to the squad. The likes of Cox and Fahey are probably in trouble. 
fahy and cox will travel, you would like to see lads like andy keogh and mcshane omiited instead.

There were 26 players in the squad for Estonia. If you take out Keogh, Lawrence and McShane (for instance), then you have 23. Including McClean or anyone else means you'll be taking out someone who's been fairly well involved in the qualifiers.

I don't see Trap making too many changes before the tournament.  
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 7:36pm
I would agree there are plenty seasoned international premiership/championship players head of him who got Ireland to the euros so it would be hard to see him going.A sub-run in the friendlies ahead, with him pushing for the world cup campaign squad more realistic, thats if hes still a first team regular for sunderland this season & the next.
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 8:14pm
Anyone got a link to the goals from todays match?
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Yes looked good, but it was against Peterborough
They're a mid division championship side. A sizeable chunk of our current squad is only of this standard.

Of course, it's early days for McClean, but this lad has got huge potential.
The Sunderland lads reckon he was magnificent in his previous games.

O'Neill really believes in him and he's ignited something in his team mates who also needed a spark.
If there's one type of player that Trap likes it is strong capable wingers. His attention to the details of tracking back, tackling and chasing down players will not go unnoticed.

As I said in a previous post, If he keeps up this form, it'll be impossible to ignore him, especially should McGeady/Duff/ Hunt pick up an injury that might keep either of them out.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Hes a threat no doubt . Good point about players moving from LOI doin well in England . Goes to show there is nothing wrong with the youth academies over here . GAA is what holds back the game unfortunately .

Eh what? Most ridiculous post I have read on this forum in a while, good jaysis Confused

ilovetrap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovetrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:21pm
on current form mclean should take duffs spot,lads no point saying the lads who got us there should go no matter what,current form should be taking into account.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:24pm
3 games hardly form to go on FFS LOL

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:25pm
I fully agree Duff isn't worthy to McLean his boots.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Taxi for Hoskins Embarrassed

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Hes a threat no doubt . Good point about players moving from LOI doin well in England . Goes to show there is nothing wrong with the youth academies over here . GAA is what holds back the game unfortunately .

Eh what? Most ridiculous post I have read on this forum in a while, good jaysis Confused

I was just putting into context the fact that their is plenty of quality in LOI but low attendances ensure the game doesn't prosper here . The only way it could change is if clubs in all parts of the country are embraced by the community which it's safe to say isn't the case at the moment. The popularity of the GAA in communities is a huge factor in this . Simples

Edited by BabbsBalls - 09 Jan 2012 at 9:45am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 2:20am

I was just putting into context the fact that their is plenty of quality in LOI but low attendances ensure the game doesn't game doesnt prosper here . The only way it could change is if clubs in all parts of the country are embraced by the community which it's safe to say isn't the case at the moment. The popularity of the GAA in communities is a huge factor in this . Simples

No its not. THe biggest factor is that 95% of football fans would pefer to sit on their barstool in their favourite 'home' team jersey rather than go and support their local team.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 7:54am

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Taxi for Hoskins Embarrassed

Read it again Sono,taxi for Sono
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 8:29am
I get the joke merely pointing out how sh*t it was hence the taxi which he jumped into!

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

I was just putting into context the fact that their is plenty of quality in LOI but low attendances ensure the game doesn't game doesnt prosper here . The only way it could change is if clubs in all parts of the country are embraced by the community which it's safe to say isn't the case at the moment. The popularity of the GAA in communities is a huge factor in this . Simples

No its not. THe biggest factor is that 95% of football fans would pefer to sit on their barstool in their favourite 'home' team jersey rather than go and support their local team.

Gloryhunters are a plenty in Ireland no doubt but i disagree dude, the GAA is the most attended game on our island. To say its popularity doesn't have an impact on the game of soccer is just being naive .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

keogh and mcshane are not going to make the plane lads* , jaysis why cant people see this ?

*barring injuries Cry
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 465>
  Share Topic