You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 457458459460461 465>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Said he's been in every squad since 2012 and it hurt not to be in the last squad. Referenced getting injections to play for Ireland while seeing other players pull out of squads with minor knocks to then play for their club, which players have been ridiculed on here for and has always put country before club. Said earlier that he was the best man for that role which he has been. It’s James McClean wearing his heart on his sleeve which he always has done and actually having a backbone to say how he feels, nothing childish in it for me.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve in a professional environment is the very definition of being childish.  If anyone one of us wore our heart on our sleeve in our jobs, how would we get on.  Part of growing up and mixing with adults is not just saying what’s on your mind and wearing your your heart on your sleeve. 

It’s totally reasonable for Kenny not to pick McLean as he was retiring anyway this month. 
He's playing football, he's not a politician. There's nothing childish to say he felt hurt at being left out of the last squad. He's a a grown man who made it as a professional footballer,, has raised a family and always showed up from country and club so I doubt he needs a lecture from Baldrick on YBIG about what it entails/ should be involved with growing up and mixing with adults.

It's also totally reasonable for McClean to be hurt at not being in a squad for the first time in over 10 years whether he deserved to be or not.
Sponsored Links

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:26pm

Said he's been in every squad since 2012 and it hurt not to be in the last squad. Referenced getting injections to play for Ireland while seeing other players pull out of squads with minor knocks to then play for their club, which players have been ridiculed on here for and has always put country before club. Said earlier that he was the best man for that role which he has been. It’s James McClean wearing his heart on his sleeve which he always has done and actually having a backbone to say how he feels, nothing childish in it for me.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve in a professional environment is the very definition of being childish.  If anyone one of us wore our heart on our sleeve in our jobs, how would we get on.  Part of growing up and mixing with adults is not just saying what’s on your mind and wearing your your heart on your sleeve. 

It’s totally reasonable for Kenny not to pick McLean as he was retiring anyway this month. 
He's playing football, he's not a politician. There's nothing childish to say he felt hurt at being left out of the last squad. He's a a grown man who made it as a professional footballer,, has raised a family and always showed up from country and club so I doubt he needs a lecture from Baldrick on YBIG about what it entails/ should be involved with growing up and mixing with adults.

It's also totally reasonable for McClean to be hurt at not being in a squad for the first time in over 10 years whether he deserved to be or not.
For a supposed child, more of a man than most of his critics combined! 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:35pm

You don’t have to be a politician to hold your tongue. In most jobs you can’t just have a good old rant for yourself publicly and give out and be emotional.  Well you can but there are usually consequences.  It’s childish behaviour.  Silly for him to have a pop on what many players don’t get a send off.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:43pm
Saying you felt hurt about being left out of a squad and still backing the manager that left you out of said squad now equates to being childish and having a rant? What has past players getting a send of or lack off got to do with McClean or how does this also equate to being childish? 

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 20 Nov 2023 at 7:43pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 7:52pm
he is getting a send off. Many players don’t get a send off like this.  For him to then do an interview with Tod and using it to have a go at being left out is misguided and childish.   Kenny could easily have left him out of this squad also.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 8:30pm
A man who has endured years of vile sectarian threats and screaming abuse from the terraces, and is not cowered or silenced, is anything but childish. Not that he gives a f**k what the keyboard warriors think about him.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 8:37pm

he is getting a send off. Many players don’t get a send off like this.  For him to then do an interview with Tod and using it to have a go at being left out is misguided and childish.   Kenny could easily have left him out of this squad also.  
The send off he is getting is due to the FAI/Kenny, I doubt McClean demanded it. He's hardly going to turn it down. If you feel a professional footballer being hurt at being left out of a squad is childish, I think that says more about you to be honest. Also, it was one sentence in reply to TODs question during an interview. 

For someone who has consistently banged on to other supporters about how supporters should 'support' with regards to Kenny, it's a bit strange labelling a member of the squad childish for responding to a question about how he felt about a situation. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:20pm
Jesus you are very sensitive about poor James.  I think he gave a misguided childish interview.  He has been an excellent professional for Ireland and has given his all for the cause.  He is a fan favourite.  I think he has let himself down by giving out about being left out of a squad when he had already told the manager he was retiring in November.  But he is an emotional lad and there are pros and cons of that.  A smarter thing would have only to talk about positives and not to be aiming digs at team mates for pulling out of squads with injuries etc.  

The irony of lads on here who have given all sorts of abuse about kenny and others to label someone a keyboard warrior as I have a mild criticism of McCleans interview is hilarious.  

Edited by Baldrick - 20 Nov 2023 at 9:22pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:25pm

Jesus you are very sensitive about poor James.  I think he gave a misguided childish interview.  He has been an excellent professional for Ireland and has given his all for the cause.  He is a fan favourite.  I think he has let himself down by giving out about being left out of a squad when he had already told the manager he was retiring in November.  But he is an emotional lad and there are pros and cons of that.  A smarter thing would have only to talk about positives and not to be aiming digs at team mates for pulling out of squads with injuries etc.  
Not particularly, could say the the exact same about yourself in regards to poor James and others involved. I'm just disagreeing with you. Anyway, should probably leave it at that. 
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

A man who has endured years of vile sectarian threats and screaming abuse from the terraces, and is not cowered or silenced, is anything but childish. Not that he gives a f**k what the keyboard warriors think about him.

he definitely does care, as referenced by his many instagram posts sniping at some of his abusers
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

he definitely does care, as referenced by his many instagram posts sniping at some of his abusers
Now that sort of sh*te there does wind me up. Call it out and all but not if you're Irish is it? Calling out people on whatever platform for sending death threats to his family, threatening to burn his house down with his family in it and the countless other abuse he and his family went through is not "sniping". 

The comments from Irish supporters around his abuse is harder to understand that the abuse itself.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 20 Nov 2023 at 9:43pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:51pm

Now that sort of sh*te there does wind me up. Call it out and all but not if you're Irish is it? Calling out people on whatever platform for sending death threats to his family, threatening to burn his house down with his family in it and the countless other abuse he and his family went through is not "sniping". 

The comments from Irish supporters around his abuse is harder to understand that the abuse itself.
Im southern Irish, Im afraid it is some of my fellow southerners who are triggered by uppity northerners.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 9:56pm
I think given the writing was on the wall after the Dutch game in Dublin, there was little to be lost by keeping McClean in the squad for the October games, especially as one was against Gibraltar. The games were dead rubber, and he has been as loyal a servant to the team as we are likely to encounter. Giving him a send off will hopefully induce crowds tomorrow night, as given the low ebb of results, and the profile of the opposition there is not much else.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 10:58pm

Im southern Irish, Im afraid it is some of my fellow southerners who are triggered by uppity northerners.

Hahaha f**k off 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Hahaha f**k off 
A prime example.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:02am

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Hahaha f**k off 
A prime example.

You are at the wind up. My comment is more derison at your attempt to wind up than anything else.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 8:49am
Hopefully McClean given the captaincy this evening for services to Ireland. If not, would say more about the manager than about him.
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:20am

Hopefully McClean given the captaincy this evening for services to Ireland. If not, would say more about the manager than about him.

absolutely right.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 457458459460461 465>
  Share Topic