James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 465>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:33pm
Incredibly petty stuff from McClean. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I can see both sides of it.

Dropping to L2 he should know that he would be dropped.  Not sure what he was expecting there.
However his time was up anyway and seeing as they were playing a mickey mouse game against NZ he should have been made captain.   If it was  vital game then fair enough but NZ?

I said that at the time on here that it was bad management.  You could tell McClean wasn't to pleased with Kenny at the press conference when they were both wheeled out.  McClean only cracked a smile when Kenny mentioned he gave him his debut at Derry City.

Kenny should have told him to go home to Derry and get his f**kin' shinebox.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:02am
I can see both sides of it.

Dropping to L2 he should know that he would be dropped.  Not sure what he was expecting there.
However his time was up anyway and seeing as they were playing a mickey mouse game against NZ he should have been made captain.   If it was  vital game then fair enough but NZ?

I said that at the time on here that it was bad management.  You could tell McClean wasn't to pleased with Kenny at the press conference when they were both wheeled out.  McClean only cracked a smile when Kenny mentioned he gave him his debut at Derry City.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:02am
I like mcclean but he comes across as a spoilt child in that interview 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:57am
I like James as a player, real 100% merchant , and will keep at it even on a bad day.
But f**k me he loves to spout, never f**king stops!
Give it a rest.
No Pasaran!
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:34am
International football is bigger than any one man. He had no divine right to get a hundredth cap let alone be substituted on his terms.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:29am
The only thing more surprising than Mcclean coming off as egotistical or entitled is the fact people are surprised at it. 

If he played for a country that knew how to measure football he’d have been banished the minute he dropped to League 2. If anything Kenny was generous to him letting him get his 100th cap. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:05am
Didn't have him down as an egomaniac. Didn't think being substituted in a double substitution would annoy him in his last game. 
Also don't think he can expect to continue to be selected given his age and fact he moved to a League 2 club
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:00am
Always had loads of time for McClean but he cant expect to be picked for International duty if he's dropping to League 2. He made his choice, he should have known the ramifications, so this comes across as petty and silly.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:57am
McClean enjoys controversy.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:56am
You dropped down to League 2 to film a Disney documentary James. A great career move but you don't have a god given right to be picked for Ireland.

I would never defend Kenny's reign or anything he did, but McClean comes off as very entitled there.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:51am
"Me, Me, Me" - That's how this comes across. Not a great look.
He's just had some success with Wrexham, surely he should be enjoying that?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:50am
Think we need to build a statue for him outside LR with “Irelands greatest workhorse”.  That should keep him happy.  
AKA pedantic kunt
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:46am
He dropped to league 2, I'm not sure what he else he expected that would do to his international career other than bring it to an end quicker than he probably wanted.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:46am
Entitled to his opinion, don't see much wrong with it. Good man, Jimmy Clap
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

James McClean says ‘disrespectful’ Stephen Kenny played part in his Ireland retirement

https://extra.ie/2024/04/18/sport/soccernews/james-mcclean-stephen-kenny-retirement

What a load of sh*te.

What did he think would happen dropping down to League 2 ffs 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 18 Apr 2024 at 9:46am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:44am
You could tell when McClean was on the Late Late Show that he had turned on Kenny
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:39am
James McClean says ‘disrespectful’ Stephen Kenny played part in his Ireland retirement

https://extra.ie/2024/04/18/sport/soccernews/james-mcclean-stephen-kenny-retirement

What a load of sh*te.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 465>
  Share Topic