James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 465>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:33pm
That just for this season Kerrzy?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:29pm
In fairness to Coleman he has been plauged by injuries this season and didnt get a full pre season. Everytime it looks like his form might pick up he gets another injury.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

If anything i'd drop Duff before i'd drop McGeady given his lack of game time at Fulham!

I wouldn;t drop him either but ya you'd have half a leg to stand on if this was touted. Happy enough to see him not starting atm. Has been on the go since the end of June. The break will do him good provided he can force his way back in in the next couple of months.

Noway would i drop Duff myself , but i mean if it came down to it between himself and McGeady as tough a call it would be i'd have to start McGeady....Yeah your spot on , the rest might a blessing once he can force his way into Jol's starting line up soon! I still can't get around the fact Duffer is 33 this year its madness.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Are you sure he has no assists in PL?

Backed up on fantasy site

EDIT: In actual fact that site has Hunt down for only 1 assist, whereas the other site has him down for 3. suppose it comes down to what you constitute as an assist. For example, when his shot rebounded to Fletcher for the goal against Arsenal its not given on the ESPN site.

Edited by Kerrzy - 12 Jan 2012 at 2:28pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

If anything i'd drop Duff before i'd drop McGeady given his lack of game time at Fulham!

I wouldn;t drop him either but ya you'd have half a leg to stand on if this was touted. Happy enough to see him not starting atm. Has been on the go since the end of June. The break will do him good provided he can force his way back in in the next couple of months.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm
Are you sure he has no assists in PL?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

I dont think it's worth my time responding to that

EDIT: And just to make it clear I have been critical of Duff and McGeady's form for us recently but to compare an international virgin more/less and a player that hasnt started more than 40 PL games with those (the latter in your case) is nonsensical.

International virgin? That is a rather silly statement to make considering the lads age. Also he is a regular in an Everton team who always finish in the top half of the best league in the world. 

He is a very good young footballer and one who is atm much better than McGeady and Hunt. 

Coleman yet to net a goal or assist in the PL. Hunt scored 3 and 3 assists with a team struggling to keep their head above the relegation zone. I dont think Hunt is having a great season either from what Ive seen of him tbh but he has proven himself in the PL for a lot longer than Coleman. 

He may be a regular but he is regularly not performing, have a look at their forum as I said earlier: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/40062-Seamus-Coleman-isn-t-up-to-it/page7

And with McGeadyConfusedConfused
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

well all i can say is thank feck jack was our manager and not his hat Thumbs Up

Embarrassed
It's Jack Shat
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:06pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:05pm

I will admit he played well in Tallinn, I will even go as far as saying he was our man of the match. 

so he has no end product?? he has been the best player this campaign and you would drop him for a kid that has played 3 matches , catch a grip

I don't know about that now. 

Yes, I would drop him for a kid who I consider to be a better footballer than him. 

well all i can say is thank feck jack was our manager and not his hat Thumbs Up
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:57pm

I will admit he played well in Tallinn, I will even go as far as saying he was our man of the match. 

so he has no end product?? he has been the best player this campaign and you would drop him for a kid that has played 3 matches , catch a grip

I don't know about that now. 

Yes, I would drop him for a kid who I consider to be a better footballer than him. 
It's Jack Shat
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:56pm

I think  Mc Geady has been great for Ireland and there is a lot more to come.  However he could be so much better if he could see past beating the next man.  He runs at players and beats them but often he keeps the ball too long instead of passing or crossing and runs into trouble or puts in a poor cross after having done all the hard work. 

Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:55pm

EDIT: And just to make it clear I have been critical of Duff and McGeady's form for us recently but to compare an international virgin more/less and a player that hasnt started more than 40 PL games with those (the latter in your case) is nonsensical.

International virgin? That is a rather silly statement to make considering the lads age. Also he is a regular in an Everton team who always finish in the top half of the best league in the world. 

He is a very good young footballer and one who is atm much better than McGeady and Hunt. 
It's Jack Shat
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:51pm

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:49pm

mcgeady who scored against macedonia , scored against andorra and put the ball on dunnes head against armenia and put through keane for goal against estonia.

dont talk sh*te

Don't talk sh*te? 

McGeady's end product is embarrassing considering he is a professional footballer. As for his two goals one was a massive deflection was the other was a goalkeeping error. 

It's Jack Shat
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Played rb on the weekend Thumbs Up

LOL

I can't see why he cannot play on the right hand side of our midfield. Coleman is a quality player. 

Ya great he played against Tamworth at RB, lets throw him in against Spain in the same position. Embarrassed

I can't see either why he cant play on the right hand side of midfield. But he shouldn't (and wont) start ahead of Duff, McGeady and Hunt. He's having a mare of a season and if you don't believe me go on to the Everton message boards. He's great at running and beating players but has little or no end product.

You have also described the two players in red. McGeady especially

Edited by Kerrzy - 12 Jan 2012 at 1:48pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:38pm
More than likely Trap will bring 4 centre midfielders and 4 wingers Duff , McGeady and Hunt are all certs to go to Poland so realistically there's 1 winger spot up for grabs depending on Trap's views. Will he pencil Coleman down as a defender so he can use him as either a RB or RM , will he bring 5 strikers knowing Walters and Long can play on the wing? 

I really think the friendly against the Czech Republic will tell alot , whoever is selected then i reckon those players will have a good chance of making the final 23 for June imo.

Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:38pm
I think both McLean and Coleman should go to Poland. I think Stephen Hunt's position is in jeopardy. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 465>
  Share Topic