FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 432433434435436 465>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:33pm
Am I right in saying McCleans paperwork is in process but unlikely to be completed before the Euros?  So the Times appeared to indicate today anyways.
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:29pm
Provided he keeps this sort of form up for the rest of the season he should go, would be a good impact sub to bring on. Trap should have players on the bench he can bring on who can change the game if we find ourselves a goal down.
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:05pm

I always hear about 'the system'. I think its a bit too much overhyped when it comes to only a select few can play 'the system'.

Martin O ' Neill thought James McClean 'the system' in a few days and he went out and was superb in beating Man City 1 nil, in the type of display the Trap would wish Ireland to produce.

Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 8:13pm
very exiting player!
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood. I honestly hope he does not return but if he did and Trap played Ireland on the right (as staunton did vs Wales before) the players would probably just get on with it for the sake of the team.Irelands attitude stinks but his sense of positioning (unlike Gibson) and link up play is the best Ive seen from an Irish midfielder in the last 10-15 years. I hate to say it but we 'd benefit from him in the squad at least.Unfortunately i think Trap recognises that and i dont believe he has completely closed the door on him especially when Ireland has the ability to get vital goals.Apologies for going of the McLean point  lads Confused

I honestly don't know how anyone can justify Stephen Ireland making the squad. If he somehow does I for one will not be supporting my country during the Euros. 
As sickening as it sounds if Ireland did come back id always support my country no matter what pricks are in it.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:58pm
I honestly have not been impressed with Doyle at all in the last few years.He takes alot of punishment with challenges but Long and Walters can more than deputise for him.For me Doyle drifts out to wide areas too much.I know he's very good at holding the ball up but he does it too often and he's not scoring enough goals either at club or international level.Granted he was carrying an injury for a good while but Long and Walters are better players and should be certainly starting ahead of him but thats just my opinion.

Edited by irishmufc - 29 Jan 2012 at 8:00pm
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:49pm

Sorry I misunderstood. I honestly hope he does not return but if he did and Trap played Ireland on the right (as staunton did vs Wales before) the players would probably just get on with it for the sake of the team.Irelands attitude stinks but his sense of positioning (unlike Gibson) and link up play is the best Ive seen from an Irish midfielder in the last 10-15 years. I hate to say it but we 'd benefit from him in the squad at least.Unfortunately i think Trap recognises that and i dont believe he has completely closed the door on him especially when Ireland has the ability to get vital goals.Apologies for going of the McLean point  lads Confused

I honestly don't know how anyone can justify Stephen Ireland making the squad. If he somehow does I for one will not be supporting my country during the Euros. 
It's Jack Shat
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

To be honest lads hunt(even though his a great attitude and great irishman and i hate to see him missing out)but What has he really done when ya think about it?I dont mean to sound harsh on him because he has a great attitude.There at least two or three irish wingers that are playing more regularly for there club and are better players than hunt at the moment.

I think Hunt seems to always play well for his country.he s got a great delivery in him.he only comes on for 20 minutes and he gets an awful lot of frees for us in dangerous positions which we ll need because  in all honesty  we re going to be up against technically superior passing teams than us so we ll need someone who can win set pieces for us.Plus he winds up the opposition and might get them sent off as well. id personally take him.if anything id drop Doyler because whats he done in the last 3 years? 

Not really for this thread but are you serious?
Doyle has been one of our better players over the past 3 years. He definitely hasn't been doing well recently but he was our best player in the 1st half of the last campaign and been solid before that. 
+1
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:35pm

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

To be honest lads hunt(even though his a great attitude and great irishman and i hate to see him missing out)but What has he really done when ya think about it?I dont mean to sound harsh on him because he has a great attitude.There at least two or three irish wingers that are playing more regularly for there club and are better players than hunt at the moment.

I think Hunt seems to always play well for his country.he s got a great delivery in him.he only comes on for 20 minutes and he gets an awful lot of frees for us in dangerous positions which we ll need because  in all honesty  we re going to be up against technically superior passing teams than us so we ll need someone who can win set pieces for us.Plus he winds up the opposition and might get them sent off as well. id personally take him.if anything id drop Doyler because whats he done in the last 3 years? 

Not really for this thread but are you serious?
Doyle has been one of our better players over the past 3 years. He definitely hasn't been doing well recently but he was our best player in the 1st half of the last campaign and been solid before that. 
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:21pm
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by benchwarmer benchwarmer wrote:

I know this is out of order but it might actually be a good thing if a place on the plane opened up for him through one of the players getting an injury.I dont want to see anyone get hurt and it would be devastating for them but sentimentality aside he's surely worth the risk to get into the squad at least

This is where Trap should be going on the form of a player no matter what position on the field he is competing for. I personally don't care about any players history in the team what so ever. If you have a dip in form than its someone elses turn who is playing their sox off at that moment. A little competition never hurt anyone and finally we are starting to have real options for places on the team sheet now.

Bring on June. Can't wait

Clap There's also a bit of hypocrisy in Trap because he'd soon forget about his loyalty to players if Steven Ireland decided to come back and he certainly didn't cover himself in glory in terms of Kilbane. Im glad Kilbanes not in the squad anymore but he deserved to be treated a little bet
if you think trap would bring stephen ireland back into the fold, you really have not learned much about TrapConfused. firstly in terms of his principles and secondly in terms of his system. in terms of kilbane if anyhting he was too loyal to him, and recognised his contribution by inviting him over to join the squad to celebrate qualification.
Thats fair enough about Kilbane citizen I didn't know it was Trap that invited him to celebrate with the team, but Trap stated that Steven Ireland would have to make the first move if he was to come back.This implies that Trap is leaving the door open to him.Why would he state that if he had no intention of welcoming him back?Secondly  I think Mclean tracks back from what Ive seen so he would fit into Traps system no bother
i was refferring to stephen ireland fitting into the system not mclean(i think he would work well). re trap, he won't pick mark wilson because he pulled out of the carling cup with injury, even look at the james mccarthy situation. ireland has slated him in public, and showed zero desire to return to the fold. Trap is just indulging in the media by maintaining the door is still open, nothing more, and he is 100% correct imo.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

I know this is out of order but it might actually be a good thing if a place on the plane opened up for him through one of the players getting an injury.I dont want to see anyone get hurt and it would be devastating for them but sentimentality aside he's surely worth the risk to get into the squad at least

This is where Trap should be going on the form of a player no matter what position on the field he is competing for. I personally don't care about any players history in the team what so ever. If you have a dip in form than its someone elses turn who is playing their sox off at that moment. A little competition never hurt anyone and finally we are starting to have real options for places on the team sheet now.

Clap There's also a bit of hypocrisy in Trap because he'd soon forget about his loyalty to players if Steven Ireland decided to come back and he certainly didn't cover himself in glory in terms of Kilbane. Im glad Kilbanes not in the squad anymore but he deserved to be treated a little bet
if you think trap would bring stephen ireland back into the fold, you really have not learned much about TrapConfused. firstly in terms of his principles and secondly in terms of his system. in terms of kilbane if anyhting he was too loyal to him, and recognised his contribution by inviting him over to join the squad to celebrate qualification.
Thats fair enough about Kilbane citizen I didn't know it was Trap that invited him to celebrate with the team, but Trap stated that Steven Ireland would have to make the first move if he was to come back.This implies that Trap is leaving the door open to him.Why would he state that if he had no intention of welcoming him back?Secondly  I think Mclean tracks back from what Ive seen so he would fit into Traps system no bother
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by The Drifter The Drifter wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Trap will get a good look at him in training and decide , he could make this plane yet

I don't see this happening. 
Trap will be loyal to the players who got him to the Euro's.

Also we have an abundance of players for that position.

The only realistic way I can see McClean making the squad is if there is injuries to any of the wingers.

However I do hope that Trap at least offers him an opportunity to showcase his talent.

how did andy keogh get him to the euros?? he would have to be dropped. there's just so many better players playing at the moment who didn't play in the euros who would add strength and depth to our team. this lad has absolutely no fear whoever he comes up against and will be something much needed from the bench. he's an assist machine lately.

Slight typo.

I was not referring to Andy Keogh - I was referring to McClean.
The likes of Andy Keogh, Paul McShane and Kevin Foley may not have played a part in getting the team to the Euro's but they always were involved in the squads and they also know the system.

I would like to see McClean make the squad as he is clearly good enough, but I'm not convinced that Trap will give him that chance.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by The Drifter The Drifter wrote:

Trap will get a good look at him in training and decide , he could make this plane yet

The only realistic way I can see McClean making the squad is if there is injuries to any of the wingers.

However I do hope that Trap at least offers him an opportunity to showcase his talent.

how did andy keogh get him to the euros?? he would have to be dropped. there's just so many better players playing at the moment who didn't play in the euros who would add strength and depth to our team. this lad has absolutely no fear whoever he comes up against and will be something much needed from the bench. he's an assist machine lately.
i don't think HB is referring to Keogh, keogh has no chance of making the 22.

The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:41pm

My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:39pm

Clap There's also a bit of hypocrisy in Trap because he'd soon forget about his loyalty to players if Steven Ireland decided to come back and he certainly didn't cover himself in glory in terms of Kilbane. Im glad Kilbanes not in the squad anymore but he deserved to be treated a little better when his services were no longer required. I think if Brady was still involved he'd have handled it better.Brady for me is a huge loss to the backroom staff set up

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:35pm

Clap There's also a bit of hypocrisy in Trap because he'd soon forget about his loyalty to players if Steven Ireland decided to come back and he certainly didn't cover himself in glory in terms of Kilbane. Im glad Kilbanes not in the squad anymore but he deserved to be treated a little better when his services were no longer required. I think if Brady was still involved he'd have handled it better.Brady for me is a huge loss to the backroom staff set up
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 6:30pm
Has to be called up.

No getting out of it. McClean has played so well that he's ultimately going to force Traps hand. If he calls up Andy Keogh and leaves out McClean then it will be just one of the most ridiculous decisions Trap will ever make in his footballing career.

I know he's a fan of loyalty but just because you pick one squad at the start doesn't mean you have to keep on picking it. McClean deserves a shot.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 432433434435436 465>
  Share Topic