FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 396397398399400 465>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
only1kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only1kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

He should be the 4th winger ahead of Coleman imo but where were all the comments from the last few weeks when he wasnt performing? All of a sudden he has an assist and a goal and we have people coming on saying hes great etc. and cant be left out.

Nail on head. He has been brutal on a number of occasions but that is ignored. However when he is up against sub standard full backs he will destroy them, wont be many of those at euros. But i wont begrudge the lad he was outstanding yesterday and is doing more than hunt, coleman to warrant inclusion.

eh no he hasnt been brutal on a number of occasions. For a winger every game your tricks wont work and even when it is not his best day his workrate is second to none. Different league to coleman and hunt the way he is performing.
Sponsored Links

Gar-Dublin View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gar-Dublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 6:19pm
anyone who thinks Hunt should go to Poland instead of McClean obviously hasn't got a clue about football. McClean is flying, scoring goals, whipping in great crosses for others..... Stephen Hunt is doing............ great warming the wolves bench. He runs around like a headless chicken....yeah he puts in a lot of effort, but effort to no affect. He runs into players, gets a yellow card and maybe makes one or 2 runs, over hitting the crosses each time, but if we are calling up players based on effort.... lets call up Paul McGrath again, he is making a huge effort to stay off the booze... maybe he deserves to go to Poland too, him and hunt can sit on the bench together. 

Edited by Gar-Dublin - 25 Mar 2012 at 6:20pm
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Jaysus every player has a dip in form especially young lads

Of course, but u have to establish form to have a dip in it. One or two decent performances sporadically does not constitute form. James is 23 so not really a young lad in terms of not being fresh out of academy. He's basically had one good season in our domestic top flight and a handful of decent/good games in EPL, I think he is vastly over rated.

Im a derry fan so i've seen him loads, i hope im wrong but i dont think he will sustain the level he is at now because he is too predictable and one dimensional.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:09pm
Even if he did have a dip in form he'd stil be playing better than Hunt at the moment.

Coleman very unfortunate this season. Was having a really good preseason and was deliberately taken out of in a friendly game. Has never come back into since recovering from the injury.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

+1

You just have to look at the heights Coleman reached last season
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 2:52pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:34pm

He should be the 4th winger ahead of Coleman imo but where were all the comments from the last few weeks when he wasnt performing? All of a sudden he has an assist and a goal and we have people coming on saying hes great etc. and cant be left out.

Nail on head. He has been brutal on a number of occasions but that is ignored. However when he is up against sub standard full backs he will destroy them, wont be many of those at euros. But i wont begrudge the lad he was outstanding yesterday and is doing more than hunt, coleman to warrant inclusion.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:13pm
think the problem for McClean is Trap will defo bring McGeady, Duff and Hunt. He has also said he will bring the 5 strikers (Keane, Long, Doyle, Walters, Cox). But, if Duff, McGedy or Hunt got injured, you would think McClean is next in line. If any of the strikers were to get injured, I couldn't see Trap calling up any other striker like Stokes or Best. I think he would call up another midfielder which could be McClean. so i think McClean for sure has a chance, but he is probably relying on an injury at this moment in time

Edited by t_rAndy - 25 Mar 2012 at 1:14pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:01pm
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 12:12pm
I think he should be going to poland. . When he first broke on the scene and people were looking for him to be called up i thought it was laughable, but not anymore. He would be a great option to bring on with 20 mins to go if we're chasing the game. Hard luck on hunt, you'd pity him but thats football. If we're to have any chance of getting out of a very difficult group we need to bring the best 23 players available (and who want to play for us)
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only1kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 11:31am
Good James Mc tune got a good airing yday 

OO, Super James McClean running down the wing, running down the wing, down the wing, down the wing, OO! Tune below 

http://fanchants.com/football-songs/...ts/schalala-9/
JuanNil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 11:27am
I agree with the people here saying about sticking with the tried and tested (and loyal). It makes perfect sense but once in a while you get a gem that comes along that's worth taking a punt on and at the minute he appears to be our gem.

Is he a flash in the pan? We'll not know til 2/5/10 years time if we are still talking about him then but right now it would be churlish not to take him. He could play his natural game, unphased by the occasion and less cynical that years of experience brings. A breath of fresh air.

I can't help but remember back to Whiteside with the north.
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 10:34am
he must go
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 10:18am
Trap probably wouldn't have seen yesterday's action so James still has alot to do.  I wouldn't have brought him up to 2 months ago but he's got form, momentum and massive confidence so whether it's Hunty or Keogh or who the fook else, James should definitely be in that squad on merit  now.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 10:16am
Originally posted by only1kilbane only1kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

kerrzy, mcclean and mccarthy are our best 2 players at the moment,you cant argue with that.a lot of our squad are in terrible form and in hunts case no form he is not even trying a leg.

Who isnt in form??? Keano 2 goals last week. Whelan and Andrews tearing the PL apart. Even our Championship players are getting MOTM week in week out out such as Green and Keogh. Pick the players that know the system. MClean etc. Will follow inthe future

We would be mad not to bring him why wait till the future. We have a lad on top form who is playing in the prem week in week out and looking very comfortable at that level. He has a brilliant workrate and defends very well. Its a no brainer but sadly the likes of andy keogh who has never done it at club or international level will prob still get in the squad.

Spot on the there bud.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote only1kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 8:53am

Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

kerrzy, mcclean and mccarthy are our best 2 players at the moment,you cant argue with that.a lot of our squad are in terrible form and in hunts case no form he is not even trying a leg.

Who isnt in form??? Keano 2 goals last week. Whelan and Andrews tearing the PL apart. Even our Championship players are getting MOTM week in week out out such as Green and Keogh. Pick the players that know the system. MClean etc. Will follow inthe future

We would be mad not to bring him why wait till the future. We have a lad on top form who is playing in the prem week in week out and looking very comfortable at that level. He has a brilliant workrate and defends very well. Its a no brainer but sadly the likes of andy keogh who has never done it at club or international level will prob still get in the squad.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 6:30am
JM was quality v QPR yesterday and a return of five goals for a wide man is pretty impressive going.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 5:15am
It's mad to think that if he misses the Euro's, he might never get another chance to play at a major tournament, considering our record at qualifying over the last 10 years.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 396397398399400 465>
  Share Topic