You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 67>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:49pm
I think there is a decent chance we might see Kieran Westwood get a call up 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:50pm
Kenny mentioned around 10 keepers in that Q&A, and Westwood wasn't one of them
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:52pm
Shay given to come out of retirement 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:52pm
Apparently Westwood is out with broken ribs at the moment. We're going to have a very inexperienced goalkeeper regardless who plays now
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:54pm
"Needs rest following hip and thigh problems". In fairness he has been doing plenty of resting on the West Ham bench all year.

Similar to the McGoldrick situation it's hard to avoid the feeling that the players just see this campaign as a no hoper before it even starts and aren't really wanting to invest in it. It's likely that the next year, and probably the full extent of whatever is left of the Kenny era, will be about blooding inexperienced players with a view to better days in years to come hopefully.

Edited by You Tell Me - 11 Mar 2021 at 8:57pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Kelleher or bazunu to play then...
What... Travers and O Hara are ahead of Bazunu

Well O'Hara can't even get a game for Burton Albion so I doubt he's ahead of anyone really. 

If Kelleher is fit he'll play. Otherwise it will be Travers.

Edited by You Tell Me - 11 Mar 2021 at 8:56pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Well O'Hara can't even get a game for Burton Albion so I doubt he's ahead of anyone really. 

Bazunu is ahead of Travers at the moment. He's a league one regular. He's probably played more senior games than Travers at this stage too 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:03pm

Why is Travers ahead of Bazunu exactly? Travers has been sat on the bench since his loan move was cut short and doesn't look like he'll get minutes anytime soon.

Kelleher seems the most likely to start... if fit.

Bazunu is playing week in and week out in league 1... admittedly he shipping goals as the defence is terrible but he's still one of their best players
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:05pm
Not sure about that, Travers was going well at Swindon until he was recalled for basically no good reason. In fairness there is not much between them but Travers has been around the senior squad for a while now which will probably work in his favour. Kelleher clearly the first pick at the moment in Randolph's absence so hopefully he can get back in time.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:15pm
Travers and O Hara have been mainly 2nd and 3rd choice ( in no particular order) in SK squads to date I think, That will not change imo just add Kelleher to the equation and that imo will be our 3 keepers for this window, if all fit that is, it won’t matter if they are sitting on the bench at their clubs

Edited by daithi - 11 Mar 2021 at 9:18pm
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:15pm

"Needs rest following hip and thigh problems". In fairness he has been doing plenty of resting on the West Ham bench all year.

Similar to the McGoldrick situation it's hard to avoid the feeling that the players just see this campaign as a no hoper before it even starts and aren't really wanting to invest in it. It's likely that the next year, and probably the full extent of whatever is left of the Kenny era, will be about blooding inexperienced players with a view to better days in years to come hopefully.

Randolph has barely played all season. Do you honestly think he would turn down an Intl call-up for a friendly game let alone a competitive game when he has never done so before? Even when he was third choice keeper and eligible for the USA he turned up every time.

Even for purely selfish reasons he would play if it was at all possible to keep himself in the shop window.

It's just a pity Kelleher and Westwood are injured as well and that Travers has been recalled to the bench at Bournemouth.

We're due a bit of luck. Maybe Begovic will get injured over the next 24 hours.

It really is unprecedented how bad our luck has been under Kenny so far, first with Covid and now an assortment of injuries.

With Egan, McCarthy and McClean out already, I was looking at it from the perspective that at least there are none of the expectations one would normally have.

Now it's just getting depressing.

Still two weeks to go, so it's going to be interesting to see just how ramshackle a team we're forced to put out.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:19pm
What are the thoughts on turning a crisis into an opportunity?

Randolph is out, Duffy unlikely to play, mcclean is also out I believe, mcgoldrick retired.

Why not also drop Hendrick, hourihane, Coleman and clear our all other over 30s.

Get kelleher, oshea, molumby, knight, idah, parrott, Cullen all up to speed.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:27pm

Randolph is out, Duffy unlikely to play, mcclean is also out I believe, mcgoldrick retired.

Why not also drop Hendrick, hourihane, Coleman and clear our all other over 30s.

Unfortunately I don't think it's that simple. Molumby, Knight and Idah haven't done anything to suggest they are the answer to our problems; indeed two of them aren't even getting game time at club level. Parrott's dropped down to League One and still can't score. O'Shea's probably the best shout but he looks like he has a mistake in him (still ample time to iron out these mistakes, granted). Cullen has impressed, albeit in friendly matches against, frankly, terrible opposition.

The bottom line is that Hendrick and Hourihane are playing at a much higher level than Cullen. It would be a big call to drop one of them, especially when the team is depleted everywhere else.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:27pm

I'd have no issue any of those players playing other then idah and parott.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:31pm

Christy did your daddy ever bring you to the local baths ? Did he throw you into the deep end to see if you could swim but then have to dive in to help you out because you couldn’t even float ? That’s what it would be like taking all the experience out of the team at this level. LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Randolph has barely played all season. Do you honestly think he would turn down an Intl call-up for a friendly game let alone a competitive game when he has never done so before? Even when he was third choice keeper and eligible for the USA he turned up every time.

Even for purely selfish reasons he would play if it was at all possible to keep himself in the shop window.

It's just a pity Kelleher and Westwood are injured as well and that Travers has been recalled to the bench at Bournemouth.

We're due a bit of luck. Maybe Begovic will get injured over the next 24 hours.

It really is unprecedented how bad our luck has been under Kenny so far, first with Covid and now an assortment of injuries.

With Egan, McCarthy and McClean out already, I was looking at it from the perspective that at least there are none of the expectations one would normally have.

Now it's just getting depressing.

Still two weeks to go, so it's going to be interesting to see just how ramshackle a team we're forced to put out.

It's not that he's turning down a call up as such, but there's a state of fitness whereby in a certain situation a player could play despite not being 100% because a particular fixture is important to them. I'd say in this case if there was momentum behind the Irish team and hope for the campaign Randolph could probably push through for this one based on the description of his injury situation. 

I suspect he's nearly done with international football to be honest, his social media posts with Kelleher during the Nations League suggested he was getting ready to step aside and let the new generation fight for the shirt.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:36pm

Christy did your daddy ever bring you to the local baths ? Did he throw you into the deep end to see if you could swim but then have to dive in to help you out because you couldn’t even float ? That’s what it would be like taking all the experience out of the team at this level. LOL

Ah sure you're right daithi LOL

It was a bit of a radical idea. Wink
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:38pm

How exactly has the "experience" served us over the last 2 years? 

It's reached a point where playing some.of the experienced members is more of a risk. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 67>
  Share Topic