Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=30810
Printed Date: 29 Nov 2020 at 8:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Darren Randolph
Posted By: Green Devil
Subject: Darren Randolph
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 11:47am
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3645362/Irish-ace-could-play-for-States.html -
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3645362/Irish-ace-could-play-for-States.html  

Trap calls him up , gets him involved in and around the international squad then decides to come out with this??!! What is up with some people Confused

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Replies:
Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 11:59am
The whole interview's confusing. One minute he wants to play for the US and the next he wants to make his mark early in the season to be called up for the Croatia match. Dont think he has any hope in hell of getting called up by the Yanks in any case.

If all are fit anyway it'll be Westwood, Given and Forde ahead of him in the pecking order.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 12:08pm
Fair enough if he was over-looked time and time again go declare for America , but the fact Trap has shown some faith in him by calling up (gk injury crisis aside) and goes out talking sh*te to the media!! Not very professional imo Thumbs Down

USA qualify for every World Cup , yes Darren the USA has a population of over 300million people and are coming up against mighty sides like El Salvador , Panama , Jamaica etc etc in qualifing!!

Hope Trap doesnt read that he wont pick Andy Reid for less LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:29am
He isnt good enough for either country but a strange interview nonetheless!

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:45am
Always reminds me of santas mate with the red nose

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: el2nz
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 5:19am
That interview makes no sense. Basically his dad never said play for America, so while he's not confirming that he'd play he's not ruling it out? But he's determined to have a good start to the season because of the upcoming Irish games? Good man Darren.

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 8:14am
cheerio, no loss.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Jicked
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:07pm
Given, Westwood, Joe Murphy, Brian Murphy, Darren Forde. 

I think we'll cope.

Posted By: Absolutely Use
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Jicked Jicked wrote:

Given, Westwood, Joe Murphy, Brian Murphy, Darren Forde. 

I think we'll cope.
 All the above goalkeepers are over 26 years old, we seem to have a shortage of goalkeeper under 26 years old. It may be a problem down the road, the only keepers on note under 25 are Randolph and Stephen Henderson.  

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 13 May 2013 at 2:48pm
Contract is up with Motherwell in the summer. Talk of Birmingham signing him but don't know what the story is there with wages etc considering they had to let Fahey go.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 13 May 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Contract is up with Motherwell in the summer. Talk of Birmingham signing him but don't know what the story is there with wages etc considering they had to let Fahey go.
Had a great season, not so sure Birmingham would be a great move for him.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 13 May 2013 at 3:30pm
Big talk Celtic will sign him with Forester's neck finally giving in and that big head collapsing! 

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: devondudley
Date Posted: 13 May 2013 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Big talk Celtic will sign him with Forester's neck finally giving in and that big head collapsing! 

Find one link of him to celtic

-------------
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 4:16am
Heard this from a ridiculously reliable source a few weeks ago that either way, Randolph will be at Celtic next season regardless if Forster goes or not. The offer on the table £15,000 a week I'm being told

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Heard this from a ridiculously reliable source a few weeks ago that either way, Randolph will be at Celtic next season regardless if Forster goes or not. The offer on the table £15,000 a week I'm being told

£15,000 a week

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 9:17am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

£15,000 a week

tony thats celtics price range , not too sure why you are laughing here ?

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 9:32am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

£15,000 a week

Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 5:03pm
.............has joined Birmingham City

That magical £15,000 a week offer from Celtic wasnt enough to entice him it seems

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:54am
That'll be himself and Colin Doyle competing for the No.1 spot there now.

Doyle has shown some loyalty to Birmingham given his lack of game time

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:38am
Randolph will be number one. class keeper. 

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 16 May 2013 at 2:36am

£15,000 a week

If you must know the source of that was ex Celtic goalkeeper Stuart Kerr. If he's going to be a Number 1 at Birmingham, he's certainly on in or around 15k a week. Perhaps he didn't fancy playing second fiddle to Forster. Now take your smiley faces over to your Rangers thread like a good chap

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:17am

Seen this lad play a number of times up until about 3 years ago and never ever rated him. The fella must have gotten his act together as he looked extremely ropey any time I saw him!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 May 2013 at 10:17am

£15,000 a week

If you must know the source of that was ex Celtic goalkeeper Stuart Kerr. If he's going to be a Number 1 at Birmingham, he's certainly on in or around 15k a week. Perhaps he didn't fancy playing second fiddle to Forster. Now take your smiley faces over to your Rangers thread like a good chap

Oh , insider news , i love a bit of insider news.
Celtic can just about offer an outfield player 15grand a week, nevermind a sub keeper

Date Posted: 16 May 2013 at 11:06pm

£15,000 a week

Oh , insider news , i love a bit of insider news.
Celtic can just about offer an outfield player 15grand a week, nevermind a sub keeper

And again whats funny? The wankfest thats over Forster could easily have seen him move to England for a decent sum of money. Transfer fee received, goalkeeper in need, goalkeeper available, offer a good deal to sway away from potential suitors (Birmingham) and there's your figure. Not that hard to fathom really. 

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 17 May 2013 at 9:31am
nice

Posted By: JamesyIrishGuy
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 2:36am

Published on Aug 28, 2013

Irish stopper Darren Randolph features in the latest edition of All About Me.

-------------
I'm Mick McCarthy's baby!

Posted By: Sandman
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 4:36pm
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-clark-praises-darren-randulphs-5823426?" rel="nofollow - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-clark-praises-darren-randulphs-5823426?

Lee Clark praises Darren Randolph's 'man-of-the-match' performance

Lee Clark praised goalkeeper Darren Randolph for his man-of-the-match display as Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy bemoaned his side’s continued bad luck.

The Irish stopper made a series of saves to earn Blues a share of the spoils after Chris Burke had cancelled out Christophe Berra’s opener.

McCarthy said that Blues had used their ‘get out of jail free card’ as they salvaged a point.

And Clark was quick to praise his in-form stopper, although he insisted the rest of the team deserved credit, too. “Darren has made some good saves,” said Clark.

“He’s continued his impressive start to his time at the club.

“What we like about him is the whole package. It’s not just his saves, it’s the way he comes for crosses, his distribution and set-plays. I think he has shown everyone that he’s a first class acquisition.

“We knew about him before his arrival.

“What impressed me was when we had a meeting, the way he talked, his ambition personally and what he wanted to achieve.

“It’s not just his goalkeeping, it’s his personality, how he’s a driven young man, and now we’re absolutely delighted with him.

“We’re a bit frustrated as a group though.

“In the first half we were too negative.

“At least in the second half they were true to themselves as individuals.

“In the first half Darren had more touches than any player in my team because we went back to him too often.

“But we improved after the break.”

McCarthy said his side did enough to win three matches and admitted the result felt like a loss.

“I thought we were excellent and we deserved to win," he said.

“You talk about bad luck, but that was bad luck, no doubt about it.

“We came up against a goalkeeper who was in very good form.

“They’ve had their get out of jail free card.

“I hope we get a slice of it at some stage.

“I feel like we have been beaten.

“We did enough to win three games.

“I thought we were excellent.”

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:29pm
good lad

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 1:42pm
At fault for Boltons second there. Any blues fans know how he's playing this season?

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 1:43pm
Match vs. Bolton is live on Sky, Randolph should have done better for both Bolton's goals, the second in particular was an absolute howler.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 2:41pm
shocking blooper from Randolph for 2nd goal lost the flight of the ball entirely.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 6:22pm
Randolph making errors, Forde only the mere 9 goals conceded in last 2 games. Westwood surely doing enough to start V Germany ??

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 8:50pm
Forde is only a short term answer. Although as a LOI fan I'm delighted to see him get his chance and he  has not let us down. Randolph is playing well for Birmingham and despite today's error I would have him a head of Westwood. I cant  see what Colin Doyle is doing still at Birmingham surely he could get a loan spell some where and get some match time. Maybe he is like Harper who stayed years at Newcastle? 

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 9:13pm
Injured today. Rob Elliot of Newcastle called up.

http://breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/elliot-called-up-for-republic-duty-609205.html" rel="nofollow - http://breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/elliot-called-up-for-republic-duty-609205.html

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 12:48pm

Posted By: BoboDub
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 1:01pm
lol

Posted By: Real Irlanda
Date Posted: 03 May 2014 at 5:35pm
jaysus made a bad error today for second bolton goal, which almost cost is side relegation from the championship. happy for the lad it didnt though, as it is important he continues to develop at the highest level he can. 

great scenes in birmingham today    

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:56pm
He had a good season. Was first choice throughout. 

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 11:40pm
Read earlier today hes not ruling out and considering switching allegiance to the USA if approached

Cant see it tho, they have too many top keepers playing at a higher level

Posted By: PaulMcGrath5
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 10:00am
Haha he wouldn't have a hope of getting ahead of Howard and Guzan. I do think he should have got a few more minutes with us in friendlys over the last couple of seasons though.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 4:21pm
DR played well in the live game for Birmingham against Wolves today.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 6:19pm
Played well, one handling error but recovered spectacularly.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 9:16am

Celtic could make a move for former Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph, 27, who is currently with Birmingham City

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 11:00am
Would he displace Gordon tho? Unlikely.

If it was a year ago it would have been a good move, with Forster destined to move on but not so sure now.

He does need a move away from Birmingham tho, cant be doing him any good fighting for relegation every season.

Date Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:15pm
Turned down new Birmingham contract and is now expected to be heading to the Premiership possibly with West Ham.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/darren-randolph-leave-birmingham-city-9314483

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/birmingham-city/transfer-talk/news/randolph-rejects-new-birmingham-deal_224286.html

Date Posted: 30 May 2015 at 1:30pm
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/775680901?-19872:788" rel="nofollow - Jack Sullivan announces Randolph capture Guardian Series 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:15pm
Hard to know with this one. Don't think Birmingham are going anywhere as a club, but at least he was playing every week. Adrian is a good keeper for WHU, he would be doing very well to displace him, but then again, Adrian could get injured or suspended early in the season, and he might get his chance. Even if he starts as sub-keeper, he will get a run in the cups & possibly the early Europa league qualifiers at least. 

Good luck to the fella anyway, f**k knows we could do with competition for our near geriatric No. 1 and our slightly younger league 1 back up. 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Hard to know with this one. Don't think Birmingham are going anywhere as a club, but at least he was playing every week. Adrian is a good keeper for WHU, he would be doing very well to displace him, but then again, Adrian could get injured or suspended early in the season, and he might get his chance. Even if he starts as sub-keeper, he will get a run in the cups & possibly the early Europa league qualifiers at least. 

Good luck to the fella anyway, f**k knows we could do with competition for our near geriatric No. 1 and our slightly younger league 1 back up. 

Might help that a new manager will be coming in too, should give every a chance to prove themselves

Posted By: cormacbyrne
Date Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:24pm
Hopefully Westwood gets a premier league move too.

-------------
Cormac

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 8:31am
I rate Adrian can't see Randolph becoming number 1 unless Adrian picks up an injury

Posted By: Ruel Fox
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 11:57am
I think its a bad move sounds good but he could easily end up not playing many games for the next few years.Thats the last thing he needs!

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 1:27pm
I think Randolph and Adrian are pretty similar keepers actually, capable of the spectacular but will make a few howlers every season too. Should be a good battle to see who comes out on top.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 1:50pm
Its strange signing for a club without a manager. Whoever takes the job might not like him for whatever reason. 

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 1:51pm
I would agree with that. Randolph is a very decent keeper and Adrian is being over rated. I am sure Randolph isn't go there to be number 2. Probably should be second choice for us.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: cormacbyrne
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 2:05pm
May not like Adrian either.

-------------
Cormac

Posted By: Okey dokey
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2015 at 6:05pm
I think he is right to take a chance,good pre season he could find himself being the only Irish EPL stopper.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 9:29pm
I see he started tonights Europa League qualifier, hopefully thats him as first choice under Bilic

Currently has a clean sheet with WestHam 3-0 up and only a few minutes to go.

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

I see he started tonights Europa League qualifier, hopefully thats him as first choice under Bilic

West Ham have their complete reserve team out tonight. I'd imagine Adrian is still very much the number 1.

-------------
"It has been one of the worst years in living memory of Irish football, it has been that bad and a lot of it is down to Martin. The morale is rock bottom." - Keith Andrews, 16/10/2018

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 9:53pm
Good to see him step up another level. Anytime I've seen him I've been impressed. Hopefully he gets a break and plays a good few games this season

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 9:32am
Adrian and the rest of the first team didn't even go the game. They stayed in Fota Island to continue their pre seson camp.

-------------
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 8:30pm
Was dropped for this round of games

Whole first team is out now.

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 6:33pm
Starts tonight.

Could be a big season for him, when he gets these chances he must seize them.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 8:10pm
Getting an absolute hammering on Social media and the season hasn't even stated yet.

I suspect his West Ham career is going to be very short lived.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:40pm
I'd say the whole team we're awful, looked shocking in the last round which the only won on penalties.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 12:33am
They are brutal, I know they rested players but they got knocked out of Europe by a car. I really think they are a great bet to go down, their squad is abysmal and their manager making a career on the back of international football and it will give me great pleasure to watch their bubbles burst!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They are brutal, I know they rested players but they got knocked out of Europe by a car. I really think they are a great bet to go down, their squad is abysmal and their manager making a career on the back of international football and it will give me great pleasure to watch their bubbles burst!

No chance they will go down especially as they are out of this, only 1 player who will be a starter was in the squad last night. On the plus side Josh Cullen played and was easily the best

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:07pm
Yes, getting beaten is a sure sign they will stay up and then qualify this by saying it is the reserves that were beaten! Were the beaten the west ham way though? As I said elsewhere, have 20 on them at 7s to go down. I do not think they will be aslong as 7/1 again this season, will probably be in to fives on Monday! You can blame the fatigue your reserves suffered on their 2 and a half hour flight

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:17pm
Nope Arsenal will prob beat us regardless of what team played last night sure if you were that sure they go down you should lump more than €20 on . That was mostly the development squad . If they buy a decent striker they be in top 10 . Only thing I don't understand is the best they can hope for is Europa league but they obviously don't want that. They should've played a better team and tried to get in to the group stages and then tried to use 2nd team at times.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 7:23pm
Bizarre attitude. You need more than a striker in my opinion and if I could afford to put more than 20 down, believe me I would, even thoughI don't think it is a certainty, there are loads of terrible teams in the league,they are certainly closer to the bottom than tenth

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Not a bad start

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:27pm
Good result alright. 2 shots on Cech and 2 goals. Arsenal were brutal. Wouldn't be singing yet,although I was impressed with Payet. Didn't think he would be a good signing but he hit the ground running.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:55pm
Not a chance in hell that West Ham team will be getting relegated going on todays showing. They've Jenkinson, O'Brien, Valencia and Carroll to come back from injury too. Should be comfortably mid-table bar an implosion.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not a chance in hell that West Ham team will be getting relegated going on todays showing. They've Jenkinson, O'Brien, Valencia and Carroll to come back from injury too. Should be comfortably mid-table bar an implosion.

you just highlighted one of their main problems, a lack of strength in depth

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 2:06pm
Getting a chance today

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 2:21pm
The last time he played Bournemouth he let in 8 goals. Up to himself to take his chance today.

-------------
"It has been one of the worst years in living memory of Irish football, it has been that bad and a lot of it is down to Martin. The morale is rock bottom." - Keith Andrews, 16/10/2018

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 2:42pm
Was going to back West Ham until I saw this. BTTS I reckon

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

The last time he played Bournemouth he let in 8 goals. Up to himself to take his chance today.

Another 7 to go.............

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 3:28pm
6 now

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 4:47pm
4 now, still... an improvement

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 4:50pm
Hes gotten man of the match despite conceding 4

Posted By: JAVIER
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 5:30pm
that Bournemouth team if they get a good striker next to Wilson will be serious they play on the deck and are TIKI TAKA

Posted By: willmcc83
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 6:23pm
How long is their keeper suspended for?

-------------
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

How long is their keeper suspended for?
3 matches...2 left.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 11:09am
Randolph was really badly let down by his defenders imo. He conceded four but he hadn't a hope with any of them and actually made a few decent stops. No matter how well he plays over the next couple of games though it seems extremely unlikely he'll be able to force himself into the team at the expense of Adrian.

-------------

"This is what separates the men from the fagg*ts." Dec. Jerry Lynch

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Randolph was really badly let down by his defenders imo. He conceded four but he hadn't a hope with any of them and actually made a few decent stops. No matter how well he plays over the next couple of games though it seems extremely unlikely he'll be able to force himself into the team at the expense of Adrian.

The fact WHU are trying to sign Rob Green, I don't think they consider Randolph to be even 2nd choice.

He'd already fallen out of favour with the fans because of his performances in Europe, whether it was his fault or not conceding 4 is unlikely to win back many fans.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 6:44pm
Clean sheet today away to Liverpool & West Hams best player last week to Bournemouth. Seems like he has a chance of keeping the No.1 spot for the time being anyway

-------------

Posted By: Bohsfan84
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 7:30pm
Liverpool had one shot on target, a hopeful long range effort from Lovren.

Nevertheless Forde has been dropped by Millwall, Westwood is injured and Given is back on the bench and retiring after this campaign, so his chances of surviving the cut are decent and he could at least cement himself as #2 in the future.

Stephen Henderson is talented but he can't seem to keep himself fit. Joe Murphy seemed to be on his way out of Huddersfield this summer but has started every game so far in this campaign. They could be wildcards for the next campaign.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 7:46pm
Easiest ninety minutes of his career

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

Liverpool had one shot on target, a hopeful long range effort from Lovren.

I've come to the conclusion that you are the biggest spoofer on this forum, who constantly talks rubbish and without a shred of evidence.

So you are either Rainpaulo or TNC, actually you are RainPaulo.

Liverpool had 7 shots on target one of them from Firminho whose shot hit the bar.

It doesn't take a genius to do a quick google as research to back up your point.

A bit like your posts about Long's scoring record which you tried to pass off as fact.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 7:57pm
If it hit the bar then it wasn't on target

-------------

Posted By: Bohsfan84
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:00pm
According to BBC and Sky Sports he saved one shot.

I wasn't making a judgement on his ability. I was just pointing out a fact.

He has imposed himself well and if he plays in the next game like he has in the previous two he is doing himself favours but he is unlikely to oust Adrian on the basis of what happened in that game.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:07pm
2 shots according to livescore, only remember Lovren's effort.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:48pm
Another clean sheet for Darren tonight v Newcastle

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Another clean sheet for Darren tonight v Newcastle

Didn't have much to do in fairness.

Newcastle had 65% possession throughout the whole game but they did nothing with it! 
Good saves from shots by Janmaat but I think when your right back is leading the attack it's not a great game.

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:10pm
Pulled off 1 cracking save from a deflected shot by De Jong.

-------------
"Shane Long against Neueeeerrr"

Posted By: dubstep
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:11pm
Made a coupke of decent saves. Wouldnt be surprised to see him.keeping his place in the team.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 11:44am
Its a joke how Randolph only has 2 caps, O'Neill has gone down a pretty similar route to Trap in regard to not giving him a chance.
I really cannot understand why our current and past management teams don't do all they can do give our back up keepers more exposure in games.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 7:18pm
Dropped as Adrian returns from suspensions.

Adrian having a world class game aswell, it's no surprise Randolph was never going to be regarded as #1 at WHU.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 1:49pm
An able deputy and nothing else.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

An able deputy and nothing else.

It's like (obviously to a much lesser extent) the way i cant understand why someone like Begovic would go to Chelsea. If you're good enough to play regular football elsewhere why go somewhere you know you'll be a deputy? Adrián is one of the best keepers in the league. Randolph could easily be a starting Championship keeper. I doubt hes getting paid such a great deal more?

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net