Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 67>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Anyone retiring now can do one as far as I'm concerned.  McGoldrick has lots of football left in him and left us in the lurch knowing we needed strikers badly.

Randolph can do one as well if he retires.  Kelleher or Travers are not up to it (yet).

Its like rats fleeing a sinking ship.  Shows how little international football means to modern footballers.

Given how late in the year it is McGoldrick will be 35 by the time the WC comes around should we qualify. So don't blame him for going.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 Nov 2020 at 6:01pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:02pm
Good timing imo. The future is Travers, Bazunu etc we need to blood them now get them used to international football. Genuinley couldnt care about Qatar it will be the worst world cup in history.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 20 Nov 2020 at 6:02pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:06pm
I am not sure what his own reasons arrived, but given how international football has gone it is difficult to blame him. I think it will be come more common across the board. Too many unnecessary risks for players recently to play in games that didn't need to be played and they didn't want to play.
Good luck to him.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:07pm
no evidence he's going bar one report. i wonder is he close to alan kelly if he did have a falling out with kenny?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:09pm
This is good news for Shay Given I suppose who will make his long awaited comeback.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:24pm
I think our next campaign is sunk no matter how much of a favourable a draw we'll get next month. Two vastly experienced players that are guaranteed starters retiring when we could get another 3 years out of if they decided to stay playing for us. 

Both players owe Ireland nothing and have been great for us but I'd be more worried about Randolph's retirement if it is linked with squad unrest. McGoldrick's is a lot more understandable as there may be personal circumstances involved too. If you want to prolong your club career in the EPL and you're turning 33 at the end of this month, it's probably a good time to retire. 

Best of luck to them but they're huge losses going into the next campaign which starts in just over 17 weeks Cry

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Nov 2020 at 6:24pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:27pm
These long breaks fitting in 3 matches like the nations cup etc seem to be boring the backside of everyone . Losing every match not scoring etc only adds to it . He won’t be the last , didn’t look like many enjoyed the last few match’s .  You’d wonder what the atmosphere is like in there . 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Good timing imo. The future is Travers, Bazunu etc we need to blood them now get them used to international football. Genuinley couldnt care about Qatar it will be the worst world cup in history.

Agree on this, but with Bazunu being the pick, hopefully he does a Dean Henderson type start to his career with consistent good level football, without the consequent bench warming 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:30pm
These retirements hardly give off the impression the players have confidence in Kenny.  It wouldn;t surprise me if one or two more jump ship.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:31pm

These retirements hardly give off the impression the players have confidence in Kenny.  It wouldn;t surprise me if one or two more jump ship.

Would you stop ffs. They're players heading towards their mid 30s. Hardly unusual to see international retirements at that age..

Not shocked to see the usual suspects blame SK for this 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 Nov 2020 at 6:32pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:33pm
Is he close to Alan Kelly?   
AKA pedantic kunt
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:37pm
Only 33, which is young for a keeper. He could play for another 5-7 years.

Would have expected he'd stay for another campaign at least. 

Anyone have the link to the report?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:38pm
BelTel article deleted
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Would you stop ffs. They're players heading towards their mid 30s. Hardly unusual to see international retirements at that age..

Not shocked to see the usual suspects blame SK for this 

Sure I am or was a big Kenny fan. 

A keeper should be easily able to play until he is 36.  He's not even getting a game with West Ham.  He should be grateful for the games he can get.

Whatever happened to 'play as long as you can'?

Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:41pm
There shouldn't be retiring from international, play until you aren't picked anymore.

In McGoldricks case I didn't really care that much. He's only scored 1 goal for us, he's decent but not a lone striker and goal record poor.
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:43pm
Randolph would be a significant loss, even though he's on the bench for West Ham, there is nobody with experience and playing games to take over. Hopefully it isn't true
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

There shouldn't be retiring from international, play until you aren't picked anymore.

In McGoldricks case I didn't really care that much. He's only scored 1 goal for us, he's decent but not a lone striker and goal record poor.

Confused

How about free choice.  McGoldrick has split from his missus and has 2 young kids and presumably wants to spend time with them

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

How about free choice.  McGoldrick has split from his missus and has 2 young kids and presumably wants to spend time with them

I heard it was four kids.   

Edited by Baldrick - 20 Nov 2020 at 6:55pm
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 67>
  Share Topic