You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 67>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:44pm
He needs to get out of there ASAP
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 3:50pm
Saved a penalty vs Bournemouth.
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 3:52pm
Was a terrible penalty but I'm sure he won't be complaining Thumbs Up  Not really had much else to do, made another good save from a Fraser effort.
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:56pm
Didn't look too good today :(
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:03pm
Another blunder there from Darren vs Arsenal. In poor form the past 2 months.

Won't be surprised if Adrian becomes number 1 again soon

Edited by GUFC_Andy - 05 Apr 2017 at 9:07pm
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:40pm
The fans are calling, almost in unison for Adrian to be returned between the sticks. Not good for us, but it is almost inevitable.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Another blunder there from Darren vs Arsenal. In poor form the past 2 months.

Won't be surprised if Adrian becomes number 1 again soon

Yeah...Hasn't been playing well for a while now. Always give me nerves when he plays for us.
Westwood everyday for me.
MON has issues with him though, hence why Randolph is first choice. Westwood is far and away the better keeper.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:55pm
I don't know about "far and away", Randolph has proved himself more than competent over the past 18 months. I think Westwood does have the edge however, just not massively so.
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:57pm
He is becoming more and more inconsistent in the PL, which is a concern. Like I said, from what I can gather most WHU fans want him replaced.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I don't know about "far and away", Randolph has proved himself more than competent over the past 18 months. I think Westwood does have the edge however, just not massively so.
Randolph is competent, no question, but he is prone to a howler and I have never seen him make the sort of match winning saves that Sheffield Wednesday fans have come to expect of KW. He has been the best keeper in the championship for a few seasons now, including when Randolph was playing in it. I really don't think there is a debate ability, unfortunately MON has hinted at other issues regarding Westwood and that is why he is second choice.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Randolph is competent, no question, but he is prone to a howler and I have never seen him make the sort of match winning saves that Sheffield Wednesday fans have come to expect of KW. He has been the best keeper in the championship for a few seasons now, including when Randolph was playing in it. I really don't think there is a debate ability, unfortunately MON has hinted at other issues regarding Westwood and that is why he is second choice.

Ah come on now, Randolph has made a few unbelievable saves this season. The Henderson save vs. Liverpool instantly springs to mind.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:53pm

Ah come on now, Randolph has made a few unbelievable saves this season. The Henderson save vs. Liverpool instantly springs to mind.
I probably watch more of Westwood at club level as he plays in a league I see more of, in fact I didn't remember the save you are referring to and had to search for it. I have however seen Westwood produce several magnificent stops that have kept Wednesday in games and hold on to points. I was talking to some Owls fans before a league cup game at the start of the season and they reckon they would have been nowhere near the playoffs without him and would never have made Wembley without him.
I am not having a go at Randolph, just think that of the two Westwood is far, far better.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:32pm

I probably watch more of Westwood at club level as he plays in a league I see more of, in fact I didn't remember the save you are referring to and had to search for it. I have however seen Westwood produce several magnificent stops that have kept Wednesday in games and hold on to points. I was talking to some Owls fans before a league cup game at the start of the season and they reckon they would have been nowhere near the playoffs without him and would never have made Wembley without him.
I am not having a go at Randolph, just think that of the two Westwood is far, far better.

Westwood hasn't been as good this season though, been at fault for a few goals recently. Always rated him as our best myself but Randolph is there on merit at present. He was the darling of the West Ham fans earlier this season, there's more issues than him there at the moment.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Westwood hasn't been as good this season though, been at fault for a few goals recently. Always rated him as our best myself but Randolph is there on merit at present. He was the darling of the West Ham fans earlier this season, there's more issues than him there at the moment.
Westwood has hardly made howlers though, although I agree there has been a dip in form. 
I wouldn't worry about the Essex racists, if I was playing in front of them I would be leaving a few in too!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

There have been a more than a few game changers at WHU recently from Randolph which have put the team on the back foot.. Its a terrible shame.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:48pm
The first goal, yes he should have saved it, but they described it on sky as if he almost threw it into the net and it was one of the howlers of the season, which it certainly wasn't .
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:22am
Adrian may well come back in for the next game, but I'd be more worried about Randolph's long term prospects at West Ham. They've been fairly heavily linked with Joe Hart and, whilst they might not get him in particular, I get the impression they'll be looking to strengthen their goalkeeping options over the summer. As has been said above there are bigger issues going on at the club at the moment but unfortunately Randolph hasn't been playing with his usual confidence of late and his form has suffered as a result.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:00am
Only saw one goal from this game, was the first one you're talking about where the Arsenal player is standing offside just infront of him and moves his leg when the ball comes near him? Would find it hard to blame Randolph if that's the one? Seemed to be distracted by the player and waiting for a touch to come from him. He was surely offside
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 67>
  Share Topic